Jeraly

You know you're living in America and not the UK when...

208 posts in this topic

... you hear an ad for a family law firm on the radio and their phone number is 1-800-DIVORCE.

... you flip through an English gossip magazine and have no idea who any of the people featured are.

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

:lol:

You are asked on a regular, almost daily basis, if you have ever met Princess Diana or have ever had tea with the queen

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!!!

... you're either told on a regular basis that you have a great accent OR asked if you're from Australia :blink:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

You can draw money out of the bank, fill the car up with gas, buy beer, pick up your prescription and wash your car all without standing up.

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

..... you see the crappy way the adverts are done on TV (e.g they cut the advert before it's finished airing or you see a brief 1 - 3 second ad and then a full advert, seems to me that they recycle the tape without erazing it first, a classic case of poor editorial skills)

..... you attempt to get in the wrong side of the car to drive down the shops ! (yep, done it here ... opps)

..... you can not find your fav food in the shops (cream, double cream, thick double cream, weetabix.

..... you can not find an electrical screw driver in the hardware stores ! (all they sell are test probes, ####### !)

..... someone cuts you up on the road without using their indicators and mirrors just to be in front of you !

..... you have a tail gater ..... they tend to sit on your rear as if they are looking through the contents in the back of the car...... ####### .... sometimes I feel like stopping the car in the middle of the road and walking to the back and opening the boot and asking the driver if s/he wants anything from it !

Timeline
..... you attempt to get in the wrong side of the car to drive down the shops ! (yep, done it here ... opps)

:lol: I always do that... I am hoping that one day it stops!

When watching a TV show... You have to suffer a 5 minute advert break every 7 and a half minutes (or more) and the final part of the show after the last break only lasts for about 25 seconds before it ends. What IS the point in that?

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Filed: Timeline

It won't! :lol: Because you'll finally get it right, and then you'll go home for a visit and do the same thing over there. So by the time you come back you'll have been retrained and you'll start doing it all over again. :bonk:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

LOL All of the above and they called it soccer not football because they call a game where they throw the ball Football.

Tony

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

..... you see the crappy way the adverts are done on TV (e.g they cut the advert before it's finished airing or you see a brief 1 - 3 second ad and then a full advert, seems to me that they recycle the tape without erazing it first, a classic case of poor editorial skills)

... you are getting into a tv programme when the commercials cut in mid-way through a sentence :angry:

When watching a TV show... You have to suffer a 5 minute advert break every 7 and a half minutes (or more) and the final part of the show after the last break only lasts for about 25 seconds before it ends. What IS the point in that?

... you get a commercial break just before the credits of a show that has just ended... then after the credits stop rolling there is *another* commercial break :blink:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I had it said to me that I speak good english, duh I am english.lol

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Timeline

... you are getting into a tv programme when the commercials cut in mid-way through a sentence :angry:

... you get a commercial break just before the credits of a show that has just ended... then after the credits stop rolling there is *another* commercial break :blink:

LOL too funny!

I saw a commercial for a pill to cure 'erectile disfunction' while I was visiting in February. I nearly feel off my chair laughing. My SO didn't see what was so funny until I told him that in no way would they ever show this in the UK, and certainly not at about 8 or 9pm in between regular tv viewing. The guy in the ad looked so pleased with himself too, hilarious!

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

I saw a commercial for a pill to cure 'erectile disfunction' while I was visiting in February. I nearly feel off my chair laughing. My SO didn't see what was so funny until I told him that in no way would they ever show this in the UK, and certainly not at about 8 or 9pm in between regular tv viewing. The guy in the ad looked so pleased with himself too, hilarious!

Not about that ad, but all the other medical adverts...

At the end, the voice over guy reads the list of possible side effects (or they are printed on screen), of which there are about 50, and all of them worse than the problem that the medicine cures.

I hate that... We'll be right back after this break... To tell you the show's over :angry:

How about when you're out somewhere and there's a loud short bang, and someone jokes that someone has just been shot.

Real love stories never have endings...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

and then looking round sheepishly to see if anyone noticed, so I learnt to check where the steering wheel is through the rear window, before getting in and activating the windscreen wipers instead of the indicators.

2004 K-1 Visa Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Sydney, Australia Sep 22: I-129F Sent Approved in 89 days. Apr 4: Interview took 194 days from filing. Apr 13: LAX POE Date Marriage 5 July 2005

2005 Adjustment of Status CIS Office Aug 5: Miami FL Date Filed Aug 12: NOA Date : 2005-08-12 Aug 17: chq cashed Bio. Appt. 2006 May 2: Interview Date June 6: Interview Cancelled T'fer to CSC May 26 2006 - June 10: Approval Date : 2006-6-10 July 21: Greencard Received

2006 July 21 06 GREENCARD

2008 I751 Application sent Mar 10: Texas Service Center Mar 14: Check cashed

April 17: Infopass at Miami for 1 year extension stamp in passport due to no NOA

April 22: Biometrics - took 15 minutes April 22/23: Touched both days but no changes

2009 Feb 04 10 Year GREENCARD

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

..... you see a commercial for medication for genital herpes at 5pm

..... you're repeatedly asked to spell any word with an 'r' in it

..... when you order water in a restaurant you never know what you'll end up with!

..... you can not find an electrical screw driver in the hardware stores ! (all they sell are test probes, ####### !)

..... you have a tail gater ..... they tend to sit on your rear as if they are looking through the contents in the back of the car...... ####### .... sometimes I feel like stopping the car in the middle of the road and walking to the back and opening the boot and asking the driver if s/he wants anything from it !

Glad to hear this isn't just a Tennessee thing!! It drives me CRAZY!!!!!! :angry:

(I'm not sure why you can't find an electric screwdriver, though!)

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.