spauldingjeffrey

canada post has lost our visa's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We were approved at our interview everything was great and now Canada post has no idea where our express post mailer is!! All they know is that it left Montreal on Monday thats it!!!! We are so lost!! We have called Canada post and they have a person who specializes in tracing packages and he cant even find it!! #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Timeline

YIKES!!! That doesn't sound good to me.

Hopefully, after they work on it for a while, they will show up.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Oh no!! :ranting: I would be freaking out if I was you. I hope they find it!! At least you're already approved...so even if you have to replace your passports, they can just put the approval in them and have you on your way...but after all the time it takes to get the approval, another delay is so frustrating! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a fluke and it will turn up.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline
Oh no!! :ranting: I would be freaking out if I was you. I hope they find it!! At least you're already approved...so even if you have to replace your passports, they can just put the approval in them and have you on your way...but after all the time it takes to get the approval, another delay is so frustrating! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a fluke and it will turn up.

Its not that easy my fiancee is a Russian citizen and only a permanent resident of Canada it could take her up to six months to get a new passport!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We were approved at our interview everything was great and now Canada post has no idea where our express post mailer is!! All they know is that it left Montreal on Monday thats it!!!! We are so lost!! We have called Canada post and they have a person who specializes in tracing packages and he cant even find it!! #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Wow! if it can help...don't tell me about CPost...at a point that i have prevented the consul at the interview that i prefere to come get my visa BECAUSE they are not at all reliable (i.e the interview letter received after the interview). And x-presse post is with signature and they didn't deliver it in person, just left it at the desk to an individual that is not as well at all reliable. And that person didn't even informed of of the delivery of my package (imagine, both CP and that person had my phone number) I was so furious i wanted to make an official complaint to CPost and sent a copy to the Consulate. Each time I read something about them i think they really deserve some sort of complaint...These documents are original and the most important in our lives...for god's sake..!!!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Its not that easy my fiancee is a Russian citizen and only a permanent resident of Canada it could take her up to six months to get a new passport!!!

:o I'll just return to cursing the government. I don't care which one...the more I hear from everyone else going through this, the more I realize that it doesn't matter what language they speak, almost all governments are the same.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If I recall correctly this happened to someone not too long ago with Canada Post also. Theirs turned up in their mailbox a day or 2 after their frantic post so maybe there's still hope. I agree it's absolutely appalling to me that this kind of thing happens as frequently as it does. It angers me that Montreal can decide for us whether we pick it up or they mail it. That choice should be OURS!!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

omg :( ... i pray they find them and soon... oneder

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

eeek....

yes, let's wish for you to receive it soon.

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

I wouldn't panic yet. Canada Post is notorious for not knowing where stuff is. It'll probably show up in your mailbox in a week and they STILL won't know where it is. If you do a search you'll see quite a few people had this problem. Don't worry. They'll get there. (F)

I agree...don't panic yet.

This happened to me as well..they had no idea where my documents were and then bam..they showed up....

I'm sure everything will be okay...

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

oh, i'm still affected obviously, i forgot to add that the receipt is transcribed on their site, you can check online...if not done yet...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
We were approved at our interview everything was great and now Canada post has no idea where our express post mailer is!! All they know is that it left Montreal on Monday thats it!!!! We are so lost!! We have called Canada post and they have a person who specializes in tracing packages and he cant even find it!! #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

:o

That's crazzzzy

5443.gif

Timeline

we have tracked the item and i have talked to every type of Canada post agent possible it was last seen some where in timmins ontario on tuesday after that it has fallen from the earth nobody knows!!!! Even an agent who specializes in tracking packages cant find it. I wrote the Montreal consulate to let them know whats going on and they pretty much told me to get F*@ked deal with the post office. So who knows what will be :blink::unsure::angry::unsure::angry::unsure::angry::unsure::angry::unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.