8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but our NOA2 got approved on March 11, now we are waiting for packet 3. Is there anything I can do in the meantime here in the US? He already received his police certificate, but I'm not entirely sure what all packet 3 consists of. Is there anything from my end here that needs sent to the UK? If so, are there forms that I can d/l online? Thanks for any help, I just want to make sure we are doing everything right as I can get easily confused lol :bonk:

I-129F sent to Cali on Dec. 19, 2007

Received NOA1 on Jan. 17, 2007

I-129F approved March 21, 2008

NOA2 Hardcopy March 26,2008

Letter from NVC sent March 29, 2008, received April 3, 2008

The Brit received Packet 3 on April 14, 2008

Medical May 16, 2008-passed yay!! :)

Packet 3 returned June 1, 2008

Packet 4 received June 2nd, 2008

Interview July 16th, 2008!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Time to start a timeline: :time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=47360

You will need to send I-134 along with supporting evidence.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% or (100% for military) of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

you may want to read London's page on this.

To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attached two or more of the following items to the affidavit.
  • notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;

• a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

• a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;

• any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability to carry out his or her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be an indefinite period of time.
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

NOTE IRS returns no longer need to be notarized, and transcripts can be used in place of the returns. So acording to London you can provide I-134 and TWO of the items in the list, so how about IRS return data, and employer letter, and to add one more thing a few recent pay stubs can be considered as "Any Other Evidence"

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

From the GUIDES

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Timeline
Time to start a timeline: :time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=47360

You will need to send I-134 along with supporting evidence.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% or (100% for military) of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

you may want to read London's page on this.

To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attached two or more of the following items to the affidavit.
  • notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;

• a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

• a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;

• any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability to carry out his or her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be an indefinite period of time.
http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

NOTE IRS returns no longer need to be notarized, and transcripts can be used in place of the returns. So acording to London you can provide I-134 and TWO of the items in the list, so how about IRS return data, and employer letter, and to add one more thing a few recent pay stubs can be considered as "Any Other Evidence"

The problem is, my tax transcripts for the last 3 years are less than stellar due to the fact that I was a student. However, I've been a nurse for past year and a half and last year I made about 32K which I believe is enough. I'm wondering if I could just send a copy of this last W2, statement from a bank officer, and about 2 months of pay stubs...do you think that will be enough..I'm just overly worried about this I think! Also, can I d/l this form online so I can start working on it before I send it to him as to put with the rest of packet 3?

Timeline
From the GUIDES

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). So basically I'm resending theI-129F again lol. Do they want all the evidence etc too?

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy. He has original divorce decree from his previous marriage so I'm assuming he'll need to send original and I'll need to send my original birth cert?

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F). So we need another letter of intent from each of us? We've done a couple trips back and forth since starting process, should we include these ticket stubs and phone bills since I-129F was sent?

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is notarized (by a US Notary Public), with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
The problem is, my tax transcripts for the last 3 years are less than stellar due to the fact that I was a student. However, I've been a nurse for past year and a half and last year I made about 32K which I believe is enough. I'm wondering if I could just send a copy of this last W2, statement from a bank officer, and about 2 months of pay stubs...do you think that will be enough..I'm just overly worried about this I think! Also, can I d/l this form online so I can start working on it before I send it to him as to put with the rest of packet 3?
I would provide the past 3 years transcripts, they will see that you made more than enough last year, and a letter from employer and recent pay stubs will convince them that this will continue.

They are concerned with current and future income.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I was in the same position as far as school. I was told just to provide current income. It's a simple explanation that you were in school preparing for your career. If you really want to err on the safe side, send a copy of your diploma since it will have the date you graduated.

Good luck!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

Timeline
From the GUIDES

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). So basically I'm resending theI-129F again lol. Do they want all the evidence etc too?

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy. He has original divorce decree from his previous marriage so I'm assuming he'll need to send original and I'll need to send my original birth cert?

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F). So we need another letter of intent from each of us? We've done a couple trips back and forth since starting process, should we include these ticket stubs and phone bills since I-129F was sent?

Sorry,I just realized that I asked you questions at the end of what you had written...kinda hard to distinguish what I wrote now :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.