Corey-Mariya

Russia girls are amazing!

335 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Well... isn't saying that "Russia girls are amazing" stereotyping? ;)

I was never comfortable with the topic anyway, for that reason. I think my Russian girl is amazing, and I know there are others around here who think their Russian girls are amazing, but that's not to say there aren't some amazing Filipinas or Canadians or Germans or Americans, etc, etc. I think Russian women as a whole have some social traits that make them unique, some of which I suppose could be considered "amazing," but I also know that people are people and Russian women aren't exempt from this rule.

Anyway, I can't complain too loudly about positive stereotypes. I mean, all Asians are good at math. That's a good thing, right? ;)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Please don't derail this thread with stories of how awful American women are - this is really an interesting thread! (Even if we are not all awful!!)

you're right, that should have it's own thread :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Oh Charles, if I hadn't already seen enough of your posts to know a little bit of how you operate! ;) I'll tell you what, you start it, and I will get my flame-thrower ready!

Now, back on topic(s)...

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
And you living with her for one year is very unique...and I wonder why so long but that's really your business. Clearly very few of us can or would want to spend a year in an environment that does not resemble the ultimate world we must share with our wives down the road. And if you fail, you've given up one year and all the associated sacrifices you made. That's a lot of risk to accept, in my eyes...but then, you're a younger man so maybe you see it differently.

A greater risk than wasting a year of one's life is spending a week or two with a Russian woman and then proposing to her. I see all kinds of wacky stuff on these boards by guys (like sense1) who are willing to throw caution to the wind and insist they're simply true romantics who are trusting their instincts. The original poster and his wife deserve credit for taking the time to get to know each other before making such a serious commitment. In terms of pure risk, I'd bet that they'll be together long after the guys who propose to women they can't have a conversation with sans interpreter, the guys who propose after an internet correspondence + week's vacation together, and those who simply don't know their partners. They risk being used for a green card, bought up on domestic violence charges to expedite residency, or worse...

FWIW, being able to live for a year in Russia is impossible for most of us who have careers, but if you marry a stranger from a (relatively) poor land, don't come crying to papa when the blindfold is ripped from your face and you realize you are a latter-day version of the pheasant who swam across the river w/the fox on his back, only to have the fox eat him upon arriving at the opposite bank. :bonk:

08.24.06 - I-129F sent to VSC

08.30.06 - NOA1

09.01.06 - NOA1 snail mail

09.09.06 - touched

09.15.06 - NAO2 approval via email

09.19.06 - NVC receives package

09.20.06 - NAO2 snail mail

09.26.06 - NVC mails package to US Embassy in Moscow

10.03.06 - Consolate receives package

10.17.06 - Interview prep package received by fiancee

12.12.06 - Approved!

12.16.06 - Picked up visa from DHL office in Moscow

12.20.06 - POE JFK, just in time for the holidays...

02.10.07 - Married, viva Las Vegas!

04.02.07 - AOS mailed

04.10.07 - AOS NAO1 received

05.03.07 - Biometrics @ Varick St., Manhattan

06.05.07 - Request to Appear for Initial Interview received (interview date: July 31)

06.25.07 - EAD card received

06.28.07 - AP document received (thanks for nothin', she'll have her green card before her travel date!)

07.31.07 - Initial interview a breeze!

08.13.07 - Green card arrives in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
And you living with her for one year is very unique...and I wonder why so long but that's really your business. Clearly very few of us can or would want to spend a year in an environment that does not resemble the ultimate world we must share with our wives down the road. And if you fail, you've given up one year and all the associated sacrifices you made. That's a lot of risk to accept, in my eyes...but then, you're a younger man so maybe you see it differently.

A greater risk than wasting a year of one's life is spending a week or two with a Russian woman and then proposing to her. I see all kinds of wacky stuff on these boards by guys (like sense1) who are willing to throw caution to the wind and insist they're simply true romantics who are trusting their instincts. The original poster and his wife deserve credit for taking the time to get to know each other before making such a serious commitment. In terms of pure risk, I'd bet that they'll be together long after the guys who propose to women they can't have a conversation with sans interpreter, the guys who propose after an internet correspondence + week's vacation together, and those who simply don't know their partners. They risk being used for a green card, bought up on domestic violence charges to expedite residency, or worse...

FWIW, being able to live for a year in Russia is impossible for most of us who have careers, but if you marry a stranger from a (relatively) poor land, don't come crying to papa when the blindfold is ripped from your face and you realize you are a latter-day version of the pheasant who swam across the river w/the fox on his back, only to have the fox eat him upon arriving at the opposite bank. :bonk:

If you look at the OP's history, they've been in a relationship since 2004, and thats long enough to make any comparison to most of us impossible even without the year together.

As I said, living together in Russia with the comfort of her native language and surroundings, tells very little about her success in the USA.

The rest of what you said is common sense so I have no further comment except one week together (24/7) is equal to dating and American woman for several months if you consider that dating might only entail meeting once or twice a week for 4 or 5 hours on a date...so you should consider that to be fair.

Timeline

If you look at the OP's history, they've been in a relationship since 2004, and thats long enough to make any comparison to most of us impossible even without the year together.

As I said, living together in Russia with the comfort of her native language and surroundings, tells very little about her success in the USA.

The rest of what you said is common sense so I have no further comment except one week together (24/7) is equal to dating and American woman for several months if you consider that dating might only entail meeting once or twice a week for 4 or 5 hours on a date...so you should consider that to be fair.

I should have said Kazan Tiger, not OP. My error.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Mmmm... I disagree. One week's vacation doesn't even bring you beyond the euphoric stage. And one year in Russia is a good test for the USC in the relationship, if not necessarily for the RC. Remember, it's not just the Russian adjusting to the US; it's the USC adjusting to living with a Russian as well.

The kind of understand that comes with living in Russia for a long period of time can go a long way.

For me moving to Russia for a couple of years isn't a sacrifice; it's actually more advantageous. Would you rather enter the NYC job market right now with a liberal arts degree and be forced to work for free while also waitressing/doing retail to pay for skyhigh rents in the ghetto, or would you rather go to Russia and teach english and make 30 dollars an hour outside of your job doing tutoring and translation? For me the choice was obvious--Russia is actually the more advantageous and sensible choice for me than entering the US workforce right now.

Plus, if you're with someone for several months and your dates are only lasting 4 or 5 hours... I'd say that things are not going so well for you. ;)

Первый блин комом.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree of Russians being pretty ,smart,sweet and mostly loyal...I am

Russian girl myself,well

Soviet,since my dad is Georgian..

I should say most girls in Russia,no matter from big city or small expect states to be way cooler than it actually is..and when I say"cool" i mean economy.

Most girls believe that marrying foreign fiance their life quality will increase dramatically.I was no exception thinking so..and I met my american Prince and thanks God he is young ,sexy,smart-the best Man in the world!

My plan was never to live here,I worked in Europe for years and thats where i thought I"d end up ..

Thanks to my Karma i met my great Man ..So i ended up waiting for my visa and coming here.

I am honestly confessing that I imagined this country to be different..More rich,more easy..

I had sort of dissapointament with how much people work here.I worked in 16 countries and never seen people working harder!

Here most of people have 2 weeks vacation a year..whereas in europe we have over 30days...

It was hard to adjust to the stress of bills and reality..I loved my man enough though to go through this..

I am greatful i live in North of Ca..From what i saw so far in other states life is even more difficult..

My point is make sure your fiancee knows exactly what your life quality is like..what your bills are and going to be once you add her up to insurances and stuff..

she should know as much as possible.I wish you guys loving girls that will work with you through hard times ...

Hopefully we all get to point where our russian illussions will be true:)wish you guys to make your girls feel happy:)

I myself am happy,ive got the best friend in my husband,that is more than i could ever dream of:)

Timeline
Mmmm... I disagree. One week's vacation doesn't even bring you beyond the euphoric stage. And one year in Russia is a good test for the USC in the relationship, if not necessarily for the RC. Remember, it's not just the Russian adjusting to the US; it's the USC adjusting to living with a Russian as well.

The kind of understand that comes with living in Russia for a long period of time can go a long way.

For me moving to Russia for a couple of years isn't a sacrifice; it's actually more advantageous. Would you rather enter the NYC job market right now with a liberal arts degree and be forced to work for free while also waitressing/doing retail to pay for skyhigh rents in the ghetto, or would you rather go to Russia and teach english and make 30 dollars an hour outside of your job doing tutoring and translation? For me the choice was obvious--Russia is actually the more advantageous and sensible choice for me than entering the US workforce right now.

Plus, if you're with someone for several months and your dates are only lasting 4 or 5 hours... I'd say that things are not going so well for you. ;)

When people are not yet married, any amount oif time together is a "dating" situation, and not the same as a real marriage. Plenty of folks who've lived together before marriage we'll attest to that fact. Things are just different when there is no full commitment as in the legal and emotional bond of marriage.

Whether seven days or one month, I think the wise man or woman meeting someone overseas for a possible serious relationship tends to make the use of time more efficient and revealing than if you're going to the movies or club with your USA date.

As far as only dating a few times a week in the USA is concerned, I'm not in the same age group as you, and we middle aged folks tend to be very wrapped up in our kids, careers, homes, dogs, hobbies, friends and so forth...in simple terms--very busy! So dating can be a situation where you're fitting it in when there's time. When I was dating only US women in my age range, I was amazed how hard it was to get them out on a date even knowing that they liked me and wanted to see me. So I guess it depends of what age group...and some relationships just unfold more slowly than others.

I think one year in Russia is serious overkill if the ultimate plan is to live in America. And the time and money invested in that one year could go towards costs to travel to and set up a home together in the USA. I think Kazan's situation dictated he invest extra time to be with his fiancee in her country but usually the mission is to get to the USA as soon as possible to get married and begin the long process of building a life together. For people over 50, I'd say the quicker the better...who knows how long you've got?

I agree of Russians being pretty ,smart,sweet and mostly loyal...I am

Russian girl myself,well

Soviet,since my dad is Georgian..

I should say most girls in Russia,no matter from big city or small expect states to be way cooler than it actually is..and when I say"cool" i mean economy.

Most girls believe that marrying foreign fiance their life quality will increase dramatically.I was no exception thinking so..and I met my american Prince and thanks God he is young ,sexy,smart-the best Man in the world!

My plan was never to live here,I worked in Europe for years and thats where i thought I"d end up ..

Thanks to my Karma i met my great Man ..So i ended up waiting for my visa and coming here.

I am honestly confessing that I imagined this country to be different..More rich,more easy..

I had sort of dissapointament with how much people work here.I worked in 16 countries and never seen people working harder!

Here most of people have 2 weeks vacation a year..whereas in europe we have over 30days...

It was hard to adjust to the stress of bills and reality..I loved my man enough though to go through this..

I am greatful i live in North of Ca..From what i saw so far in other states life is even more difficult..

My point is make sure your fiancee knows exactly what your life quality is like..what your bills are and going to be once you add her up to insurances and stuff..

she should know as much as possible.I wish you guys loving girls that will work with you through hard times ...

Hopefully we all get to point where our russian illussions will be true:)wish you guys to make your girls feel happy:)

I myself am happy,ive got the best friend in my husband,that is more than i could ever dream of:)

Life is not harder in most other places in the US, it is probably a bit easier than in places like California, New York, and other upscale places to live and work. The pace of life is much faster, and the cost of living is much higher in the upscale places. Many places in the south and in the center of the country have a much slower pace of life, and the cost of living is much smaller. I think housing in your area probably costs $500,000 or more for the same house I can buy here for $190,000. I would have to double my salary to make the same amount of money in California. Here is a quick rundown of the difference between San Fransico, CA and Oklahoma City, OK:

If you move from Oklahoma City OK to San Francisco CA...

Groceries will cost: 62.541% more

Housing will cost: 240.567% more

Utilities will cost: 5.584% less

Transportation will cost: 18.769% more

Healthcare will cost: 26.918% more

The economics of living in the USA are not the same from one coast to the other, it all depends on where you live.

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Timeline

For me at 22 with more connections and friends in Russia than in the US, it's even more economically feasible for me to move there than stay in the USA. It all depends on your situation in life. It's not overkill if you'd want to be in Russia even without a fiance/e waiting for you there. :)

But even if the ultimate goal is to live in the USA, how exactly do you prepare your Russian for life in the USA, especially if they can't get a visa to visit? It seems like there is no real good way to get them acclimated before they move in that case.

I think one year in Russia is serious overkill if the ultimate plan is to live in America. And the time and money invested in that one year could go towards costs to travel to and set up a home together in the USA. I think Kazan's situation dictated he invest extra time to be with his fiancee in her country but usually the mission is to get to the USA as soon as possible to get married and begin the long process of building a life together. For people over 50, I'd say the quicker the better...who knows how long you've got?

It all depends on what'd make you happy... I'd pay the extra money to live in a place like San Francisco.

Life is not harder in most other places in the US, it is probably a bit easier than in places like California, New York, and other upscale places to live and work. The pace of life is much faster, and the cost of living is much higher in the upscale places. Many places in the south and in the center of the country have a much slower pace of life, and the cost of living is much smaller. I think housing in your area probably costs $500,000 or more for the same house I can buy here for $190,000. I would have to double my salary to make the same amount of money in California. Here is a quick rundown of the difference between San Fransico, CA and Oklahoma City, OK:

The economics of living in the USA are not the same from one coast to the other, it all depends on where you live.

Первый блин комом.

For me at 22 with more connections and friends in Russia than in the US, it's even more economically feasible for me to move there than stay in the USA. It all depends on your situation in life. It's not overkill if you'd want to be in Russia even without a fiance/e waiting for you there. :)

But even if the ultimate goal is to live in the USA, how exactly do you prepare your Russian for life in the USA, especially if they can't get a visa to visit? It seems like there is no real good way to get them acclimated before they move in that case.

It all depends on what'd make you happy... I'd pay the extra money to live in a place like San Francisco.

Sure you would, so would a lot of people, but the point is that a person who makes $50K a year in Oklahoma/Texas/Kansas would need to make $100K to equal the same salary in California. There are a lot of people who cant make that kind of money in California. The point I am making is that for a person to move from a foriegn country straight into one of the highest cost of living markets in America, life might seem harder, and one could easily think that life must be even harder for the people who dont live there, but that is not necessarily the case due to the economics of cost of living.

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Damn that edit timeout!

To put it in real terms, the people in San Fran who are in my profession make about 40% more than me in base pay. But they need to make 100% more to equal my salary in real terms. So, from the start they are already 60% down, and we havent taken into account the cost of housing and other factors. My standard of living here in po-dunk Oklahoma is many times higher than theirs. I have friends that come and visit from San Diego, and they cant believe I live in the house I live in at the price I paid, and to top it off, the housing bubble is no where near the size that it is in the upscale parts of the country. So, if someone can afford to live there, then by all means you should because it is a beautiful place.

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Timeline

Well, people coming here on K-1 visas aren't coming here and carving a life out of nothing; they're coming and entering a life that someone else has already made. So they're not going to struggle as much as people who come here on their own and have to make their own way.

New York is really expensive. Even when I go to my mother's house in the Philadelphia suburbs or my dad's house (which is like 2 hours from Miami) I'm shocked at how much cheaper things are. But the ability to have everything that I want at my fingertips and the fact that i don't have to have a car far outweighs all these other economic factors. Plus, when your hobbies are basically going out to see European DJs, shopping, and going to art galleries, well, the middle of the country (outside of Chicago) is not really the place to be. I just feel an overwhelming sense of ennui whenever I'm not a major cosmopolitan area. SPb is pretty much my threshold of how small and provincial a city i'd live in and still be able to function.

Первый блин комом.

Well, people coming here on K-1 visas aren't coming here and carving a life out of nothing; they're coming and entering a life that someone else has already made. So they're not going to struggle as much as people who come here on their own and have to make their own way.

New York is really expensive. Even when I go to my mother's house in the Philadelphia suburbs or my dad's house (which is like 2 hours from Miami) I'm shocked at how much cheaper things are. But the ability to have everything that I want at my fingertips and the fact that i don't have to have a car far outweighs all these other economic factors. Plus, when your hobbies are basically going out to see European DJs, shopping, and going to art galleries, well, the middle of the country (outside of Chicago) is not really the place to be. I just feel an overwhelming sense of ennui whenever I'm not a major cosmopolitan area. SPb is pretty much my threshold of how small and provincial a city i'd live in and still be able to function.

Believe me, I understand what you are saying when talking cultural things to do! But we have some here, they are just fewer and farther between. But I am with you on St. Pete, I freaking love that place! It is one of the most beautiful and regal places I have been. When I retire (god willing) I would love to spend my time split between St. Pete and Sochi. Hopefully someday I will have the language skills to make it a possibility.

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.