brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Aprilers! Waiting for the movers to come and take my stuff away. If everything goes well, I'll be able to leave by November 20. I'm so happy! :) Hope everything is going well with all of you. Has any of you already dealt with the hassle of the transcription of medical results?

There's something else I'd like to add... This thread here is so very nice and friendly, but I am more and more horrified at what goes on in the rest of the forums. I feel increasingly uncomfortable, so that I never post anywhere else but here, and I've often thought about having my membership cancelled. There are some people around that really give me the creeps.. This is supposed to be a support site, and instead I see mud-slinging and insults flung all around. I just have to wonder at human nature sometimes.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Aprilers! Waiting for the movers to come and take my stuff away. If everything goes well, I'll be able to leave by November 20. I'm so happy! :) Hope everything is going well with all of you. Has any of you already dealt with the hassle of the transcription of medical results?

Howdy April. We've been married a month today. It still seems weird or maybe not just sunk in yet. We're enjoying every minute of it though. The weather has been like spring here in the 70s. Raffaella...good progress getting the things shipped out. Wow, it's really happening for you. Get over here by Nov 20 for sure. We're all coming to your Thanksgiving dinner. :lol:

The medical stuff with AOS is so screwed up. We didn't do anything with it yet. We filed and sent in the copy of the immunization worksheet only. Now we will wait on an RFE and see if we get a clue what else they want since we're in that transition bubble of a medical in June. There's been so many medicals that turn up "lost" so the petitioner has to do it all over again in the US. Then there's the new TB skin test thing that medicals after June 1 are supposed to take. So rather than paying for transcription of immunizations, then finding out he needs to go back to a Civil Surgeon for a skin test or go back to repeat the medical, we're just expecting an RFE or two or three. :wacko: I figure we're at least in the October box and that was better than messing around for a month trying to figure out what is the best thing to do, only for it to be the wrong thing or worse... lost.

Speaking of shipping your things. Nicks 23 boxes/650 pounds of stuff is still at the Port of Houston. It was tentatively supposed to be cleared for pick up yesterday, but it seems that particular container is scheduled for intensive exam which means they open it up and prowl through the stuff inside. There's three levels of inspection and this is the highest. Nick's things are all on one pallet among lots of others, so they won't necessarily be opening his up, but it makes you wonder now if things might come up missing. It may be another week before we have to deal with where to put all that stuff. That's a good thing. :whistle:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everybody!

How is everyone doing today? I'm on cloud 9 since Obama won - I didn't sleep last night because I was too busy watching the election coverage, but I don't even feel tired today. I guess I could just be so excited or maybe it's the starbucks I picked up on the way to work... hmmm.... lol

Kim ~ We are in desperate need of some pictures. Just FYI, lol. I have some that I'm going to attempt to post on here of Luis & my kids in NYC when we went a few weeks ago! So look out for those, lol.

Raffaela ~ I am so in agreement with you on the other forums, I prefer just posting here and occasionally in a Peru forum I found with a lot of really nice people.

Hopefully Kim, our new moderator elect, will help fix up the forums! Go Kim!

Nich ~ Glad to hear married life is going good for you!

Stephanie ~ We're broke too. I sold a lot of stuff on Ebay and we have enough for AOS now. So what if we eat ramen noodles everyday... We're together!!! hahaha

Gaura ~ Hope you like it in Florida! I sure don't like the humidity, but hey there's air conditioning everywhere right?

Lili ~ Good luck with everything! Don't let the wait get you down, it soon will be over!

Well guys, keep me posted on how everything is going for you. Your good news makes me happy, we've gone through so many ups and downs together through this process that hearing good things from you all is such a nice thing.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Have you tried calling DOS? (The USC) and seeing if they can help at all? or atleast give you more information on where your case is right now, physically. DOS know everything the Embassy do and most people say they are better than calling the embassy.

"this is not an overnight process" <-- that is incredibly insulting for them to say that to you.

Keep us updated with what goes on Hon, hopefully they have already sent it out and the french Consulate is efficient!

Hi Nicoxcx,

Thanks for the tip!! Kai called and they said our case is now in Paris and package 3 isn't sent yet.

it took kai about 3 minutes to get an operator on the phone. that's very efficient!

cheers,

Lili :star:

K1 timeline

July 07 - met in London

30 Apr 08 - petition received (was sent around the 20th...)

22 May 08 - NOA1

12 Sep 08 - NOA2!!!!

19 Sep 08 - NVC send our case to Niger instead of France

........case stuck in Niger for 6 weeks......

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 received

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 sent

02 Dec 08 - Packet 4 received

18 Dec 08 - Interview!

23 Dec 08 - had to re-do fingerprint / Visa Issued

24 Dec 08 - Visa received

30 Dec 08 - Flying to Dulles (Washington DC)

06 Jan 09 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP timeline

02 Feb 09 - AOS, AP and EAD sent

05 Feb 09 - Received by USCIS

11 Feb 09 - NOA for AOS, AP and EAD (mailbox: 14 Feb)

04 Mar 09 - Biometrics

17 Mar 09 - Case sent to the California Service Center

02 Apr 09 - AP issued (mailbox: Apr 9)

02 Apr 09 - EAD issued (mailbox: Apr 11)

10 Apr 09 - 2 years Permanent Resident Card issued (mailbox Apr 18)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everybody!!!!

Well finally i am in New York!!!!!!!!!! so excited!!! I arrived last thursday 06th at 7:30am and it feels like we never were appart from eachother. I am enjoying my new life with him. We have been going to dinners with his family, relatives, friends, etc. Thank God, the weather is not too bad, so far; so i am ok with it (I hate the cold LOL).....

I hope everybody is doing well and I have a question for Suzy or Kim. When I get married, i have to start the AOS?? just a little confused with it.....

THanks a lot!!!!

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hello everybody!!!!

Well finally i am in New York!!!!!!!!!! so excited!!! I arrived last thursday 06th at 7:30am and it feels like we never were appart from eachother. I am enjoying my new life with him. We have been going to dinners with his family, relatives, friends, etc. Thank God, the weather is not too bad, so far; so i am ok with it (I hate the cold LOL).....

I hope everybody is doing well and I have a question for Suzy or Kim. When I get married, i have to start the AOS?? just a little confused with it.....

THanks a lot!!!!

Awwww. Vicky!!! I am so happy for you!!! that's really good news about the weather too! I'm still in Lima :crying: working, saving some money, enjoying my free time with the family and friends.. but my baby bought our tickets 2 weeks ago and we'll be flying to NY on Jan 19. It makes me feel better bc I miss him so much.. fortunately I will be able to see him again on Jan 15 and celebrate our shower.

This time, you will have to help me with AOS.. Is it ok?? heehehe.

Congratulations on your weddings guyz.. YOU DIT IT my BEst WiShes For You and Your new FAmilies.

VeriTo

Waiting...

Te amo Ab!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
It is my understanding that pursuant to 9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity), the consulate can extend the approval notice for another 4 months, if my fiancé and I remain legally free to marry and continue to plan to marry after my fiancé enters the United States.

[/i]

Hey Kim! Quick question about the sample letter. What does what I put in bold mean {9FAM 41.81 N3.1 (Period of validity)}? Do I change any of that? Is the period of validity the date we were approved? Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It's just the statute which refers to the period of validity for the approved petition.

How is everyone doing? We're still procrastinating about AOS. Since we're stuck between the new TB requirement we're debating on whether or not to send everything without the test and hope for the best or get a free test from the health dept and send the results. We were waiting to see if anyone got RFE'd and how it was all playing out but I think we'll just bite the bullet and hope for the best. Boy will it be good to be done with that! ;)

Raff, yes there are a lot of crazy people here but there is also a wonderful mix of good people and interesting cultures. I think it's all in how you look at it. ;) If you have any issues or see anything that maybe shouldn't be there just report it to one of the moderators or pm me. Still planning on travelling the 20th???

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Ok so what i've learned is that 9FAM 41.81 appears to be your alien clasification as you are awaiting the K1 visa.

In any case, i'm quite sure the Consulate will get your gist. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hello everybody!!!!

THanks a lot!!!!

Awwww. Vicky!!! I am so happy for you!!! that's really good news about the weather too! I'm still in Lima :crying: working, saving some money, enjoying my free time with the family and friends.. but my baby bought our tickets 2 weeks ago and we'll be flying to NY on Jan 19. It makes me feel better bc I miss him so much.. fortunately I will be able to see him again on Jan 15 and celebrate our shower.

This time, you will have to help me with AOS.. Is it ok?? heehehe.

Congratulations on your weddings guyz.. YOU DIT IT my BEst WiShes For You and Your new FAmilies.

VeriTo

I will help you, no problem...of course I need to find out what it is all about. I am so happy that you will be with your fiance by January.....we will be together for Christmas and that makes me so happy, our first Christmas together (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L) . I cant explain with words what I feel right now, he's the man of my life and everything is just so perfect that sometimes I think it's all a dream.

See you in New York!!! (by the way, the weather is changing now :( it's very windy and cold :o )

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Raffaela!

Are you in the US yet?

I hope you had a safe trip.... how is everybody else doing? We're getting married on Dec. 19th! I'm getting nervous, haha... but everything is great!

I miss talking to you guys!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Hi all - nice to see everyone is doing well!! :D

Im FINALLY flying out to the US TOMORROW!! AHH! Nervous and excited!!! Happy and sad! Hope I dont have my connecting flight cancelled like my last US trip!!

So whats the TB requirement thing all about?? Also- are my medical results in my envelope and do they give em to me or forward them on with my other paperwork to my local center? I had my medical recently so I dont need another right?? I also had a TB shot and all my vaccinations cept for my HPV vac..so Im good to go for AOS right (once married of course!! )

Love to all!!!!!!!!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXX

Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.