2,328 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Good morning April. :)

Sorry i'm just getting here now but, as you can imagine, life has been a little nuts since our special day on Saturday. The day turned out just great. Our guest list of 20 turned into about 60-80 people but it was quite nice to share our day with those we love. We had just beautiful fall colors and the sun was shining bright so not too cold either. We were in a mad rush all morning and I was barely dressed when the JP arrived. The ceremony was real short. We wrote our own vows which were just so touching. :wub: We then spent the entire day and night with family and friends. Was a long, loooong day.... but quite lovely. We are both quite happy it's over with ....until we do it again in 6 months anyway. :lol:

Russell's family got up at 4am-SUN NZ time (11am US time Sat) to toast us as we said our vows.... so sweet we thought. :)

Hopefully i'll get a picture or two up for you very soon.

Hope everyone else is well and moving along.

much love and many thanks for the continued support. I dont know what we would have done without VJ!

xo

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Awww Kim. So good to hear the report from you. We did our own ceremony/vows too and it was a very special afternoon. I've been trying to make a Shutterfly book of the day, but still haven't finished it yet. I'm putting in the words we said to each other and also the vows. It'll be nice to have it in print.

Nick's Social Security card arrived. Ah progress! :thumbs:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Ok. but what about the guide for k1 on visajourney.com .... last week it was 29th of june now it's showing 21st can someone explain how that can be?

Ok. but what about the guide for k1 on visajourney.com .... last week it was 29th of june now it's showing 21st can someone explain how that can be?

Are you talking about this from the historical processing times page"

k1vschistory.gif

If so, that changes based on VJers adding their information to their timelines. So maybe this week people updated with times faster than the previous "average" so it changes the averages and the graph and the predicted date. It's only a guide and depends on how well people keep up with their timelines. Well, it also depends on how fast the VSC in approving petitions.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Simo got a call today!! Yay!! Tomorrow 3pm in Casablanca...to pick up his Visa.

I'm so happy!

He should be here before Thanksgiving, I will truly have something to be thankful for.

Thanks for all your support everyone!

04/14/2008 Overnighted to VSC

04/15/2008 Received in Vermont

04/21/2008 NOA1 Issued

04/24/2008 Check cleared

05/20/2008 Touched

05/21/2008 Touched again

07/21/2008 NOA2 Approved!

08/12/2008 Forwarded from NVC to Casablanca

08/18/2008 Arrived in Casablanca

08/26/2008 Packet 3 Sent from Consulate

09/01/2008 Packet 3 Arrived

10/15/2008 Interview Scheduled!

Filed: Other Timeline

Jamerson had his interview yesterday.. we got approved!!!!!!!!!!! He should be here by the end of next week.

Finally!

K-1 VISA

4/23/08..........K1 visa application sent

4/30/08..........NOA1

8/4/08............NOA2

10/21/08........INTERVIEW IN RIO DE JANEIRO

10/29/08........POE AT JFK

11/08/08........WEDDING

AOS

12/27/08........AOS SENT

1/2009...........AOS Returned (wrong version of the form)

1/10/09..........AOS RE-Sent

3/11/09..........AOS RFE (income info)

4/10/09..........AOS RFE sent back with info

5/15/09..........AOS transferred to California

7/29/09..........AOS Approval notice sent (NO INTERVIEW!!!)

8/1/09............GREENCARD in HAND!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Cant wait to be living a normal life! hahaha

So happy to hear everyone is doing well and starting to settle in!

We are getting Married Nov 8th in Atlantic City..

Jill

K-1 VISA

4/23/08..........K1 visa application sent

4/30/08..........NOA1

8/4/08............NOA2

10/21/08........INTERVIEW IN RIO DE JANEIRO

10/29/08........POE AT JFK

11/08/08........WEDDING

AOS

12/27/08........AOS SENT

1/2009...........AOS Returned (wrong version of the form)

1/10/09..........AOS RE-Sent

3/11/09..........AOS RFE (income info)

4/10/09..........AOS RFE sent back with info

5/15/09..........AOS transferred to California

7/29/09..........AOS Approval notice sent (NO INTERVIEW!!!)

8/1/09............GREENCARD in HAND!!

Timeline

Congratulations Jill & Jamerson. It's so wonderful to see everyone moving along. :)

We had a nice relaxing afternoon/early evening with a fire on the deck last night watching the sun set. *insert consent sigh here* How we have learned to appreciate all these little things so much! I wish that for the rest of you as well....because it really is such a gift. :)

We do not have any photos of the wedding ceremony just yet but I did change our avatar and personal pics to ones we took quickly with my phone yesterday while snuggling.

I hope everyone keeps updating! :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

How strange, we were on this site almost daily and now its so hard to get the time!

Congratulations to all the recent Visa recievers, my man comes to get me on the 5th November and we fly home together on the 9th so I have a silly question, here to get married, your upcoming wedding has to be availible for people to access for two weeks prior to the date, I was wondering what the rules in the USA are? neither of us have ever married so we arent sure how the process goes, could someone with actual Knowledge of a US wedding Pm me some information? keeping in mind I am the Foreign Fiancee of the female variety.

It's great to see some updated photos Kim!, sounds like you two are having a great time together! :)

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

Beautiful pics, Kim! You both look so happy! :)

I'm still here in Rome, since I have to wait for my leave of absence to be officially granted. I would've gladly resigned if it had been wise, but unfortunately I have to take into account anything that could happen before I am granted permanent residency. In Italy, at my age, it would be impossible to find another job, and I told as much to the lady who deals with such requests at the ministry I work for.

Hopefully by the end of the coming week things will have been sorted out. The movers are coming on Nov 5 (and that will cost me an arm and a leg!), and after that, whether the inheritance question has been solved or not, I'll buy a plane ticket, and leave no later than Nov 20. I want to be there by Thanksgiving, because both of us deserve it. If that means falling out with my brother for good, so be it.. He's never been there for me when I needed it, and his wife hates me anyway. So, you see, not all Italian families are nice and close... My parents were wonderful people, but they are gone, and what I am left with is not what I would've wished for. Oh, well...

Timeline

Nico, every State in the U.S. has different laws regarding marriage. i.e.; In MA there is a 3 day waiting period before you can pick up your license. You will need to visit the website for the State/County in which you will marry and find out how to apply for a lisence and how long it might take.

Raff... hope you're home soon!

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.