brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?Donde esta los banos. Mas hielo por favor.

:rofl:

:huh:

Some useful Spanish I learned for bars in Mexican bordertowns. Don't know too much else.

Where are the bathrooms?

More ice, please.

And I learned Feliz Navidad from Jose Feliciano. Merry Christmas.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Feliz Navidad, Suzy!! Bueno.

?Donde esta los banos. Mas hielo por favor.

Frijoles y fajitas.

:rofl:

(OK, I don't know much Espanol or have little accent marks on my keyboard but I'm still wishing you well.)

Feliz año nuevo mama nich!

No hay baños.

No hay más hielo.

Thanks for the congratulations!!! :)

Translation:

Happy New Year Nich

There are no bathrooms.

There's no more Ice... lol

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

:rofl: I've got ice Nich!

My love is on his way to his medical! Our package, however, has still not left the NVC. :blink:

Oh no! It's happening again. First the USCIS dude couldn't give it up because it was a sexy, suspenseful novel of an application. Now somebody at the NVC can't part with the file until he reads every page.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Timeline

I've got a question about the medical... Yesterday I spoke on the phone with Giovanni (of La_Giovanni fame), who had just had both medical and interview, and he told me that the doctors at the Istituto Varelli in Naples had told him diseases such as measles, varicella or rubella can come back later in life. I have NEVER heard anything like that in my life, and I'm surely not going to get useless vaccines injected into my body when I have already had those diseases. As I said in an earlier post, I intend getting a titer test in order to show that I don't need anything but a tetanus shot. I don't know if he was told so because he's younger than me (31 to my 47)... What kind of advice can you give me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi, Highwaystar!

In Japan, doctors would say the same things to patients.

I was vaccinated against measles when I was a baby but

I am planning to take another one before the medical.

I have to get vaccinated against measles twice prior to my departure to the US,

so I will take one shot before the medical check, and another one at the medical.

Vaccination against measles is required for any children in Japan

but apparently one vaccination in lifetime is not good enough.

In fact, there has been this crazy measles outbreak

in many of the Japanese colleges in this past 2 years.

Almost every single college in Japan had to warn students and

encourage them to go and get vaccinated against it again.

Several colleges in Tokyo had to shut down schools for about a week

last year due to the sudden measles outbreak. It was called "measles break"!!!!

Then many doctors started to say that people should get vaccinated against it

again after they turn 20 or something because grown-ups are likely to get measles again although

they were vaccinated in childhood. You may not want to underestimate that....

I've got a question about the medical... Yesterday I spoke on the phone with Giovanni (of La_Giovanni fame), who had just had both medical and interview, and he told me that the doctors at the Istituto Varelli in Naples had told him diseases such as measles, varicella or rubella can come back later in life. I have NEVER heard anything like that in my life, and I'm surely not going to get useless vaccines injected into my body when I have already had those diseases. As I said in an earlier post, I intend getting a titer test in order to show that I don't need anything but a tetanus shot. I don't know if he was told so because he's younger than me (31 to my 47)... What kind of advice can you give me?

I've heard of people who had polio having symptoms return decades later. I was interested in that when it was news because I had polio when I was 2 years old, but with no lasting effects.

I think the requirement for immigration is having certain immunizations or having the disease. Yes, maybe things could come back but odd things can always happen that aren't the norm. I don't think the US expects everyone to get immunized all over again. You don't have to have the immunization completed until you apply for AOS, so if you don't like what Dr. Italia tells you, then deal with the shots in the US. Some people say having the entire immunization finished and recorded makes it easier for AOS, but if it's a matter of somebody in Italy wanting to give you shots you don't feel you need, then make a choice on which route you feel like taking.

This is a 24 page document from the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) which gives some very good detail about the immigration requirements. Maybe you can find some answers there. CDC is the agency that determines the immunization rules for immigrants.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti_vacc.pdf

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My love is on his way to his medical! Our package, however, has still not left the NVC. :blink:

Oh no! It's happening again. First the USCIS dude couldn't give it up because it was a sexy, suspenseful novel of an application. Now somebody at the NVC can't part with the file until he reads every page.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :rofl:

If you need it... get it. Anyone can get a disease even when vaccinated against it. Our kids are vaccinated against chicken pox here now, yet both of my children still got it. Just how it works. Basically, you're just getting the disease to build immunity when they vaccinate you so it's not like it protects you 100%. I was actually just watching the news last night regarding vaccinations and how so many children in the U.S. are coming up with measles again even some who were vaccinated against it as babies. There's some people (including many of my friends) who choose not to vaccinate their children and they are the highest at risk because of all the folks immigrating or merely travelling here who have not been vaccinated and are carriers. As S&D stated, it's becoming a problem again everywhere. Most of us don't remember what it was like when there were awful outbreaks of these diseases that killed hundreds of thousands. I would get 100 shots if it means being with my man. ;)

S&D.. I hope you had a wonderful visit with your love! :)

Well my darling had his medical yesterday (just needed the tetanus btw ;) ), paid for his visa and overnighted his information package (p3) back to the Embassy. Yet... our petition still has not left NVC!!! :ranting:

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thank you Kim! Yes, we had so much fun together with no fights/aruguments! :lol:

I am sure that you two will have wonderful times together!!!

A receptionist at one of the hospitals designated by the US Embassy in Tokyo told me

that those people who enter the US on any type of visa are required by the US government

to prove that they got vaccinated against measles twice. I don't want it to come back anyway

so I don't mind getting vaccinated twice but even if I didn't want to get vaccinated,

as long as I am traveling to the US on K1 visa, I would have to get it done anyway.

I don't mean to cut this off, but I have a question as well...

I see people tracking their packages through DHL but I just don't know

how to find out if my package left NVC....

Should I just call NVC and ask the representative if my package left there yet??

or is there something else online where I can find it out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Again, anyone knows anything about the papiloma virus one? Is a new vaccine, I heard lots of bad things about it, and I´m scared to take it. If it´s not proven safe, I really don´t wanna take it. What happens if I refuse to take it?

K1

04/11/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/14/2008 - I-129F Received at VSC

04/21/2008 - I-129F NOA1

05/21/2008 - Touched (don´t know if it was the first, didn´t check before)

05/25/2008 - Advisory Opinion: SUBJECT to section 212 (e)

06/06/2008 - Sent paperwork for a waiver of the HRR

06/17/2008 - Check for the waiver cashed

06/18/2008 - No objection letter for the waiver sent by Brazilian Embassy

07/21/2008 - I-129F NOA2

07/28/2008 - Favorable Recommendation sent (waiver!)

09/08/2008 - Medical

09/16/2008 - Interview date (pending - missing form 1040)

09/24/2008 - Form 1040 finally received by the embassy

09/26/2008 - Visa issued, passport on its way!!! lol

Timeline

If you go here... http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

and enter... EXP 17 AUG 2008A (the date being a day or so before you know or think it would have left NVC) in the reference box

then put a range of dates around the time your petition should have been sent out ...or, if you know the exact date, enter that date in both spots... a list will come up showing all shipments from the NVC. Look for your Country and track that petition.

Note: this does not mean it was 'your' petition sent. When you're looking at the tracking info it shows how many packages were sent to that Embassy. A place like the Philippines or even London or Canada are bound to have many packages being sent but someplace like NZ is only seen now and then. Japan may be like that too as I don't see too many going there.

Point is, if you know the date it left NVC (603-334-0700, 1, 5 to talk to someone and they can tell you) and you enter that you can be assured that was your package going and you can track it all the way to delivery! Oh, they are open until midnight and it's best to call either early in the am or late at night so you dont have to wait too long. ;) They are super friendly!

Our petition was received by NVC last friday (15th) and they usually ship within a couple of days but they seem to like our petition a little too much here in the U.S. :lol:

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Again, anyone knows anything about the papiloma virus one? Is a new vaccine, I heard lots of bad things about it, and I´m scared to take it. If it´s not proven safe, I really don´t wanna take it. What happens if I refuse to take it?

Here is more information regarding HPV.

I'm pretty sure it's only given to girls 11-26. It's suppose to be given to those who are NOT sexually active (which makes sense) but seems CDC wants it for all new immigrants within that age range by the time they adjust status.

We 'older' ladies can get tested for the virus during our annual check-ups.

It's a series of 3 shots that takes 6 months. I researched it. My daughter had her series last year. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok! Another question!

So Gareth was living with a friend when our K1 started. His sister wanted him to come stay with her, and it is better iving for him there so he's kind of permanent there now. He's still friends with the guy who's home the Packet 3 is going to, and I'm sure he can get it, but what do we need to do from this point to get his address changed. Surely it won't delay it too long? Should we just put the new address in all the places where it says current address? And maybe send a note with the forms saying "Please be aware of the address change."? Or do we need to do something different? I would just feel so much better with his stuff coming to his sister's instead of him going back and forth to check if things got there.

Also you know how people are sometimes, his friend might lose it or chunk it or something! Goodness I don't wanna think about that...but if it does happen what would we have to do to get them to send another packet three to his new address? This is probably not gonna happen, but just wanna be prepared if it does.

Hopefully just sending a note with the packet will be enough...but I thought I'd ask all of you cause ya'll are good like that! Thanks!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.