2,328 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"he who worry, have big ulcer"

Got it in the mail today :)

*Does the 'I was totally right' dance*

Yay! Isn't just awesome to physically have it in your hands?

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Congratulations Kim!!

Suzy u're next.. :dance:

Thanks Verito! Espero que si...

I got a touch yesterday and then today. I'm hoping something happens soon. However, we are having some other problems. Luis' birth certificate was spelled wrong - one letter in his 2nd last name - and we've been dealing with the RENIEC in Peru and different lawyers to try to get it fixed. I am really worried about this, although it seems simple, I don't want his visa to get denied because of it. The system in Peru is very slow and I don't know how long it will take to fix. Does anybody know how important the birth certificate is if he has his ID, certificate of baptism and many other documents with his name on them???

He also has documentation that he is in the process of fixing it. We started this back in April when I sent in the K1 and still we have no answer, so that's why I'm worried. He goes every week to the office and they tell him to come back a week later. Sounds like civil service to me, lol.

I seriously am worried about that though, has anyone heard of someone getting a visa WITHOUT a birth certificate or with a birth certificate with an error??

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks A & V :)

Suzy... touches are gooooooood!!! I wish I knew what to tell you. I can tell you that i've seen others come through with mis-spelled documents and they just had it taken care of at interview stage. Is his passport right??? I know I was worrying about every little thing in the final days... we kinda still are (sorry Brian) ...so I can't just tell you not to...;) but oooooo I hope this is good news for you today!!! I think it will be! Peru is nice and quick for interviews too! I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

Well up late again...those darn olympics :lol: ... we're still riding so high!

Brian, anything??

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Thanks A & V :)

Suzy... touches are gooooooood!!! I wish I knew what to tell you. I can tell you that i've seen others come through with mis-spelled documents and they just had it taken care of at interview stage. Is his passport right??? I know I was worrying about every little thing in the final days... we kinda still are (sorry Brian) ...so I can't just tell you not to...;) but oooooo I hope this is good news for you today!!! I think it will be! Peru is nice and quick for interviews too! I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

Well up late again...those darn olympics :lol: ... we're still riding so high!

Brian, anything??

Yeah, all of his other documents are correct. He spoke to a lawyer who said it could take another 1-2 months. He was recommended to this lawyer and seems like a really nice guy. I hope this works out in our favor. I really am quite disgusted with the way they handle things as simple as this in Lima. I thought our DMV was bad, but gee whiz.... LOL

Thank god Luis never was married, could you imagine how long it would take him to get a divorce? He said it could take up to 8 years.

Holy Cow :blink:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Oh my! I'm so glad I don't live in Peru... I thought 120 days was bad!... well added to the 2+ years I had to wait! :(

My guess is that things like this happen more often in other Countries and that our Embassy's would be used to it but that's just an assumption. I'll see if I can't find some old posts that I remember this being discussed.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
#2 Total amount deposited for the past year

My bank called me saying "this is difficult to do and will take a lot of time since we need to review each of your past statements". Meh.....whatever....time for a new bank LOL

They are gonna send it next week :)

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
#2 Total amount deposited for the past year

My bank called me saying "this is difficult to do and will take a lot of time since we need to review each of your past statements". Meh.....whatever....time for a new bank LOL

They are gonna send it next week :)

Yeah it took my bank about a week to get the letter for me. It was dated the 8th and I didn't get it in the mail until the 12th! I wanted to go a head and have EVERYTHING for Gareth before he left. That was the only thing I had to mail though. He should be getting packet three sometime next week.

Hope you get approved soon Suzy!!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh and I was wondering is there PDFs of the paperwork that comes in Packet three here by any chance? I wanna have what he has in front of me so we can "fill them out together" ya know? And so we can make sure he doesn't miss anything. Thanks!!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Do they require bank statements in London and Kiev even if you meet the 125% ?
Not 100% sure but I am going to send it regardless to be safe :star: Edited by desenchantee

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congrats Kim!

Yes Kim! I want you to know that when I saw your name pop up on the top of Igor's list I ran to your thread to congratulate you, even before I looked to see what number we had moved up to! Now that says something about how we've grown attached to your approval, doesn't it? :lol::yes:

Congratulations again! Soon it will be bye bye xin xi lan! :D

Hello, we sent our papers May 3, 2008 so your 2 days ahead of us. Hope will be approve soon. Goodluck and God bless us.

Geren

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We're APPROVED!!!!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 11, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Kim - you are next!!!

Congratulations applause-003.gif

Hello, were May 3, 2008 filers. Hope will be approve soon. Goodluck and God bless.

Geren

Oh and I was wondering is there PDFs of the paperwork that comes in Packet three here by any chance? I wanna have what he has in front of me so we can "fill them out together" ya know? And so we can make sure he doesn't miss anything. Thanks!!

Stephanie

Stephanie--I have the whole London Packet 3 scanned and it's the April 08 version. It includes medical info and form too. I have to "share" it with you using an email address...preferable a hotmail, msn or windows live mail account. Otherwise they may make you sign up or something. It's on MSN Sky drive. If you want it, PM me with an email. The 4 forms he will fill out are online.

London was not interested in my bank statements. The 2007 tax return and letter from employer was all they wanted from me.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.