APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Congratulations on all the new approvals!!!

I sent in my RFE today, easy as pie ! I hope it gets approved quick!

Hey here's a question for all of ya:

Me and Luis communicate in Spanish, it's the language we both speak perfectly so it works.

How do some of you guys with language barriers manage to communicate? I heard 'love' knows no languages (or boundaries), but I'm curious.

I'm a foreign language major so it interests me :)

I'm studying the interactions of the indigenous people of Latin America during the colonización when the conquistadores made their first contacts with people who spoke another language, and trying to understand how communication was possible. Don't know how VJ can apply to that, but LOL, just curious anyway.

Also, FYI Peruvian Spanish and Puerto Rican Spanish are so different in so many ways. We use a lot of English words and in Peru they don't so we had the 'broccoli' incident that one time where I made a fool of myself. Or the hangear incident where Luis actually thought I was talking about actually hanging from something as opposed to "hanging out." So we have our own boundaries. LOL

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Me and Luis communicate in Spanish, it's the language we both speak perfectly so it works.

How do some of you guys with language barriers manage to communicate? I heard 'love' knows no languages (or boundaries), but I'm curious.

I'm studying the interactions of the indigenous people of Latin America during the colonización when the conquistadores made their first contacts with people who spoke another language, and trying to understand how communication was possible. Don't know how VJ can apply to that, but LOL, just curious anyway.

Also, FYI Peruvian Spanish and Puerto Rican Spanish are so different in so many ways. We use a lot of English words and in Peru they don't so we had the 'broccoli' incident that one time where I made a fool of myself. Or the hangear incident where Luis actually thought I was talking about actually hanging from something as opposed to "hanging out." So we have our own boundaries. LOL

'er indoors speaks a strange dialect called "Hick" Susy. I've picked it up quite quickly, actually. :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

WE DO HAVE SOMETIMES PROBLEMS TOO CAUSE GERMAN HAS WAY MORE WORDS TO DESCRIBE THINGS. FOR EXAMPLE WE HAVE A OWN WORD FOR A FEMALE PIG. I TRIED TO TEACH RICKY GERMAN BUT IS SO HARD. HE USE RIGHT NOW THE PROGRAMM ROSETTA STONE. SO IF SOMEBODY WANNA LEARN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE THIS IS REALLY THE BEST PROGRAMM.BUT U ALSO CAN USE HANDS ARMS TO DESCRIBE THINGS AND THE OTHER PERSON WILL UNDERSTAND YOU SOONER OR LATER.

blackribbonsmall.png

RIP DIANA

1982-2008

Filed: Timeline

Hey Suzy, we do have something in common - I am also a Foreign Language major, and taught English for about 10 years in Italy. Michael and I communicate in English - he doesn't speak Italian, though he understands it somewhat (both the spoken and the written language), and I'm trying to teach him as much as I can. However, since I am more than fluent in English, for me it is no problem whatsoever - even if sometimes I come up with some expression he doesn't understand! This is because I speak mainly British English, and still tend to use British words, like 'lift', 'pavement', 'petrol', and so on. Before we met I thought I knew most of the differences, but after I visited the US I found out there was still something new to learn.. like 'mass transit' instead of 'public transport'.

Timeline
Not wanting to rain on the party of those still waiting. Kim and Suzy in particular. We got our medical date for Tuesday after talking to the nicest lady ever at the Washington Visa Office. Just keeping you all up to date.

Congrats on the new approvals too!!!!!

Thanks Graham & Megan!! How's the UK treating you guys? I want to go someday. I think when me and Luis are no longer poor (LOL) we are going to go to Europe. He has friends in Spain and Belgium. I don't have any friends in Europe but I want to GOOO!! I want to do a whole summer just wandering around Europe. Obviously I need to go to the UK or I won't be happy :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Way to GOOOOOOO!!!! I am so happy for you. But what I am most proud about is the fact that you did not give in to Jerry's conspiracy theory that your file was destined to fall into a USCIS black hole because of your previous filing.

Thanks for staying positive and not giving in to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

:rofl:

I needed that!

Congrats to Jon and Olenka, and keeping fingers crossed big time for Kim and Russ!!! :)

Thanks sweetheart. :)

I just take the u's out of everything he spells! :lol: Really, like you..even though we both speak English..it's a different kind of English so every now and then we come across something that we have to pause and wonder about ...explain...and then have a giggle about. And this after 10 years of communication. Although I have to say, one of my greatest attractions to Russell is his intellect. I just can't imagine not being able to converse with him easily.

So glad you got that rfe back so quick! Wont be long now!

'er indoors speaks a strange dialect called "Hick" Susy. I've picked it up quite quickly, actually. :lol:

oic... kinda like 'git'r dun' :rofl: that's too funny. A brit accent with southern US flare... this I gotta hear! :lol:

hey we're on page 100!

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Yay! Congrats, HighwayStar and Jon/Olenka!

Feels awesome, doesn't it?

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Timeline

I will definetely go to Germany Steph! My grandfather's family on my father's side is from Germany, and I have always wanted to learn German! :thumbs: I can't even tell you how many times I've watched "Run Lola Run" trying to learn the words they said, haha.

I am going to clean the mess that is my apartment now. Talk to ya later!

Timeline
Do you know where they from in Germany? I didnt even know they had that movie translated.

They didn't translate it. I watched the subtitles. heheh

I'm not sure exactly where they came from all I know is that they at one point were living in Frankfurt, but my grandfather told me they came from the countryside? So I'm not sure. I wish I knew more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

LOL Subtitle

Iam usually from East Germany between Berlin and the border to Poland. But now i live in a bigger city in Kaiserslautern thats near Ramstein( biggest Air Force base throughtout America). I love Germany and the food. Thats one thing i will really miss when iam in Raleigh/NC

blackribbonsmall.png

RIP DIANA

1982-2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am Luke Skywalker!! Don't want to go to the dark side ever!! After I realized the my first dealio was in 2005 and my new approval was going to be 2008, the whole 2yr thing just left the picture completely :)

Way to GOOOOOOO!!!! I am so happy for you. But what I am most proud about is the fact that you did not give in to Jerry's conspiracy theory that your file was destined to fall into a USCIS black hole because of your previous filing.

Thanks for staying positive and not giving in to the dark side!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Edited by desenchantee

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay congrats to the new approvals! A couple more of your out of us May-ers way LOL!!

Suzy - So your RFE made me look at our paperwork and looks like we'll be getting it too :S boo to holdups....

Steph - Raleigh! That's where I'm going as well!! Maybe we can meet up with Steelman and take some of his beers! LOL

<3 Jen

~She's my Lion~
~He's my Puppy~

[size=5]Our Timeline[/size]

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC
05/14/08 - NOA1
09/01/08 - NOA2
09/11/08 - Petition received by US Consulate in Montreal
09/20/08 - Received Packet 3
10/02/08 - Packet 3 delivered to MTL
10/16/08 - Medical in Halifax
01/15/09 - Interview in Montreal
01/20/09 - Visa in Hand
02/03/09 - Fly to US - POE Halifax NS
03/06/09 - Wedding in Yanceyville, NC

AOS
4/24/09 - Sent AOS package (after too many delays!)
4/27/09 - Signed for in Chicago
5/05/09 - Check cashed and all three NOA1's in the mail
5/14/09 - Received Biometrics appointment letter - Appointment is June 2nd.
6/2/09 - Biometrics at Raleigh field office - they were some of the nicest people :)
6/18/09 - EAD approved and card production ordered
6/20/09- received AP papers in the mail
6/22/09 EAD card arrived in the mail (that was fast eh?)
7/09/09 - received notice of GC appointment date
8/07/09 - Green Card interview at Raleigh Field office at 8:45am - Given RFE for I-693 Vaccination suppliment
9/08/09 - returned RFE to field office. Approved for Green Card
9/09/09 - Received email that Card production had been ordered.
9/17/09 - Green Card in the mail - No more USCIS until June, 2011 :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.