sunnybear

Any CSC Jan 08 filers get NOA2's yet???

84 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

OH yes I am doing all our wedding planning! I have my dress already I ordered made from China to my measurements. It is a knockoff of one that is in all the magazines right now. The name brand is Alfred Angelo and has red trim around bust and around bottom hem and train and then red corset back. It turned out so beautiful and cannot wait to wear it for my man!!! We are planning a Sept 27th wedding and have a location picked already and the deposit check is sent (the lady is letting us change date if needed!!!).

We are trying to go with an autumn theme for here in Michigan. Colors will be all reds,oranges,browns. My daughter will have satin fall leaves in hair and attached to sash on her dress and I am thinking of having some in my hair as well. We are doing lots of nontrendy things since we are a bit offbeat (check out the site offbeatbride.com for way unique ideas! I even have the book haha). We plan to have my friends husband marry us since he got his officiant license or whatever and we are doing our own music via our mp3 player etc.....

I am also in the process of trying to buy us a house so yeah a bit busy on this end haha!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
wat do you mean the others? our relatives?......my fiance is also a filipino (by blood) so in short, his parents wants the traditional filipino, "invite all people we know" type of wedding.hahaahh! well me and future hubby just wants to enjoy our special day, we talked things out that we'll let God's will in everthing about the wedding be done. :yes: so.. hassles out, stress out, expectations out, watever comes,it'll stl make our wedding very special :yes:

how about u? u mentioned ul stl get wed here in PI? wer u at in the PI ryt now by the way

i meant the other vj members reading this post.

shes! my fiance is also 100% filipino! he just got his citizenship last dec. i live in manila. u?

oh thats wat u mean..hehe! sorry..anyways, im at fairview Q.C. MANILA din!!!! excited kana ba??? :dance:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

it's so nice to hear your wedding preparations! you all make me more and more excited! though i havent really planned anything for my own wedding yet hehe.

sunnybear and dbears, you seem all set for the wedding! :luv: thanks for the suggested websites. i made an account in theknot.com. they have lots of gowns! but will also check those that you mentioned.

dbears, the platter is sooh cute! i also saw your other stuff in the other website. they're all beautiful. i love the invitation in the bottle. i think deciding to have the k-1 instead of the k-3 is really good for your situation. but i still pray that you can give the philippine wedding that your mom dreams for you... (L)

sunnybear, i've heard of alfred angelo. i can imagine how pretty your dress will be by the way you described it.

shes, i live in pasig! our timelines are very similar, we both live in manila, and have filipino fiances. haha APIR! :D

hey i hope everybody will be able to get married on your planned dates. dbears on august 8, sunnybear on sept 27, and those who want a memorial day wedding.. let's pray that everybody's dream wedding will come true. (F)

shes and gabriela, i hope you would also drop by the Philippine regional forum. click HERE reading the post there will give you ideas for the next steps after NOA2... :thumbs: You'll soon be getting your NOA2 and it is not too early to prepare for it now... we were approved march 18... by march 28 our papers was already at the embassy. when we called last tuesday, we were given the option to have the interview as early as april 9... grabe, KALOKA! next week na kaya yon, we haven't prepared anything yet. So decline and lola nyo and chose May 23 instead.

You're both within metro manila, no need to book for flights etc. that is actually an advantage if they suddenly give you interview date just one week after you make the call. So i hope you guys will not repeat the same mistake we did, waiting for NOA2 and interview sched to prepare. Of course there are documents that should be prepared as close to interview as possible but most papers are valid for a year. I suggest you prepare those so you'd be ready whatever date they give you.

Good luck everyone.hug2a.gif

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

dbears, the platter is sooh cute! i also saw your other stuff in the other website. they're all beautiful. i love the invitation in the bottle. i think deciding to have the k-1 instead of the k-3 is really good for your situation. but i still pray that you can give the philippine wedding that your mom dreams for you... (L)

hey i hope everybody will be able to get married on your planned dates. dbears on august 8, sunnybear on sept 27, and those who want a memorial day wedding.. let's pray that everybody's dream wedding will come true. (F)

Thank you gabriela. My mama only dreams of seeing one of her daughters wear wedding gown so I will surely give it to her someday soon... I am only praying that my papa will still be alive when that time comes. :(

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Ooh yes I sure hope we are all cleared by memorial day too that would rock!!! I think my mans name is unique at least to this area.....

With all the shame...when is the memorial day? :blush:

Make that two.. i have been hearing of people wanting to get married on memorial day and i don't know when memorial day will be :blush:

BryantAliona, i'm really really rooting for your approval! USCIS has messed up your file and well, you can still be considered a January filer right coz you sent your 2nd I-129F on the very last hours of December 31st... but wait, you are also an October filer and a December filer. Well, whatever, I will be very very happy to CHEER for you when you finally get your approval! :thumbs:

:) Thank you!

I erased from my memory the first two set-backs,and i'm trying to be as patient as possible.

Good luck to you as well.

.png

UURI.jpg

Well, unfortunately there most likely will not be any January CSC filer weddings by memorial day (end of May). We should be able to get most of the January CSC filers approved by this time. Most of us will be looking at July/August weddings. I would love for CSC to prove me wrong.

My fiance and i were planning the wedding to be in july or august, and as long as it's not later, we're fine.

But i wouldn't mind to get this over sooner :no:

.png

UURI.jpg

Thank you gabriela. My mama only dreams of seeing one of her daughters wear wedding gown so I will surely give it to her someday soon... I am only praying that my papa will still be alive when that time comes. :(

You will make your papa happy eitherway, but God is allmighty, let's just pray...

.png

UURI.jpg

Timeline

WWAAAHH!!!! na excite ako lalo satin!!! gabriela and d bears! we'll have the best wedding, God willing!!!

and sunnybear.........u left my mouth open wen i read ur gown is from ALFRED ANGELO.......OMG! i know exactly wat ur talkin about ..i have this magazine with lots of alfred angelo's collection..i was like..how i wish,that wud be mine..hahhaaha! the color theme of our wedding is inspired by their shades though...

still left in awe about the ALFRED ANGELO gown...wwheew!

to all filipinos here...im kinda down ...Ramiele Malubay was out from American Idol..(sniff)

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Timeline

January filers! who ever gets their NOA2.pls post a msg and inform us! tnx!

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
WWAAAHH!!!! na excite ako lalo satin!!! gabriela and d bears! we'll have the best wedding, God willing!!!

and sunnybear.........u left my mouth open wen i read ur gown is from ALFRED ANGELO.......OMG! i know exactly wat ur talkin about ..i have this magazine with lots of alfred angelo's collection..i was like..how i wish,that wud be mine..hahhaaha! the color theme of our wedding is inspired by their shades though...

to all filipinos here...im kinda down ...Ramiele Malubay was out from American Idol..(sniff)

LOL yeah I tried on the real one at local wedding boutique and cost close to 500 american dollars which is not a lot really for Americans to spend as my sister spent well over 2,000 but umm yeah a little out of the price range I wanted to spend! Soooo found a knockoff website located in China sent my measurements and had lots of faith and in return got a beautiful knock off of this gown for only 145 american dollars! My daughters was only 45 soo both dresses for under 200 american dollars!!!!!

Here is what my dress mostly looks like.....and I got a little white satin coat to wear over top to hide tattooed arms from the grandparents in some of the pics LOL

post-46971-1207567367_thumb.jpg

post-46971-1207567373_thumb.jpg

shrug2.bmp

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

LOL yeah I tried on the real one at local wedding boutique and cost close to 500 american dollars which is not a lot really for Americans to spend as my sister spent well over 2,000 but umm yeah a little out of the price range I wanted to spend! Soooo found a knockoff website located in China sent my measurements and had lots of faith and in return got a beautiful knock off of this gown for only 145 american dollars! My daughters was only 45 soo both dresses for under 200 american dollars!!!!!

Here is what my dress mostly looks like.....and I got a little white satin coat to wear over top to hide tattooed arms from the grandparents in some of the pics LOL

Wow sunnybear - that dress is stunning. Ahhhh, could you send me the website you went to? Olga and I have been talking about gowns and what she's looking for. Somthing on the shoulder rather than off the shoulder, but her range of options has not extended beyond the borders of the Ukraine. In her area they don't have bridal boutiques as we know them, rather they are more like agencies. They will make a dress, sell a dress, but they also rent bridal dresses - remember that many people have very limited resources there and don't have money to buy a gown.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

I LOVE the dress, sunnybear, it's amazing! And I was thinking of wearing a jacket exactly like that! Although it wouldn't be to hide tattoos but to hide my arms in general - they're definitely the worst part of my body. Like Blake I'd be interested in knowing where you bought it from. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

the "bolero" (jacket) longsleeves is like a modern touch in bridal gowns now a days..also, i noticed on american bridal mags, sash are in...il dig on the Alfred Angelo styles of gown..theyre simply elegant. just the way i want it. :thumbs:

------------------------

K-1

Jan - sent application

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Feb 4 - check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.