Anna C.

Any tips for a sick cat?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi cat lovers,

I have had cats forever, but never one with diarrhea. I think it's from the food we changed to recently, so I bought the old brand yesterday. She is otherwise fine: no fever, hungry, normal playful behavior, drinks a lot, no mucus or blood in the feces. I just had to bathe her though, she's a long hair... The stuff looks like the cat food bites (color and consistency, as if she didn't digest it)...

Do you have any advice and at which point should I go to the vet? It seemed to have started with the new food.... She also pointed it out, sitting in front of the bowl and asking for more food, even though there was enough. When I served her the old brand, she was overjoyed and meowed happily and purred....

I had to bathe her with gloves, I'm pregnant - my mother in law cleans the box, but hubbie is at officer training school in Alabama... So someone had to bathe her. I was jsut tested for toxoplasmosis on Wednesday (negative), so I think that's not it (indoor cat anyway).

Help....

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First of all, check if she is hydrated enough. Pull up her skin on her back - if it stays up she is dehydrated and should go to the vets immediately, imo. If it springs back into place then she is fine on that score. As to the diarrhea, it could be the food change that is doing it. Diet changes in cats should always be done slowly over a period of a week or two, replacing a larger ammount of the old food with the new food to each feeding - never overnight.

If the change back to the old diet doesn't stop the diarrhea in a day or two then a vet appointment should be made, asap.

Good luck!

Edited by Mags

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Also, because her tummy might be still upset from the other food, I'd keep her meals small for now and work back up to a normal size meal. You could feed the same amount, but spread out over several meals if she is still hungry and see if she still has the runs. If she keeps having problems after a few days, I'd take her to the vet.

:luv:

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks... She is hydrated... Luckily... We changed the food slowly, but it started to occurr once she was totally switched. It was some organic weight control food, I guess she really doesn't like it. Poor thing though!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Another thing you might look at is a worm problem. Cats can have diarrhea because of that. If the cat hasn't been fixed and is in heat that can also cause diarrhea. I know that Bruha had terrible diarrhea when she was in heat and it went away when we got her spayed.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
First of all, check if she is hydrated enough. Pull up her skin on her back - if it stays up she is dehydrated and should go to the vets immediately, imo. If it springs back into place then she is fine on that score. As to the diarrhea, it could be the food change that is doing it. Diet changes in cats should always be done slowly over a period of a week or two, replacing a larger ammount of the old food with the new food to each feeding - never overnight.

If the change back to the old diet doesn't stop the diarrhea in a day or two then a vet appointment should be made, asap.

Good luck!

Purrrrrrrfect. :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Organic??? Well that could be it. Think about it, even a human, if youd never eaten organic and you do one day, your body isnt used to it and will clean it out. Thats what was happening prolly

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you watch "The Office" Dwight place Angela's cat in the freezer.. Ooopps :devil:

Take it to the vet..

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I had a very badly hurt cat once - poor thing go hit by a car. I was just about to whack him over the head to put him out of his misery when dad came and said that we can get that leg - which was literally just hanging on by the skin - all patched up. We actually managed to put a cast on that cat's leg and it worked. A few weeks later, the leg was healed (not 100% straight but fully functional) and Garfield - yes, he was a big ole' red cat which we named Garfield - lived a full, long life after that. He died a few years back at the proud age of 18.