CourtAndGrey

Extrapolating Igor's List

8 posts in this topic

To my fellow data-heads:

I've been crunching some numbers in an effort to see how closely we can rely on our dearly beloved Igor's list. (Seeing as how I check it nearly a billion times a day, it would be nice to know how close it is to the reality of our timelines). As far as I know, Igor's data comes from VJ timelines only. It is definitely nice to see how far along we are coming internally as VJ'ers, and of course its nice to see our names move slowly, but surely, up the 200-something person list as we get closer to appearing to be next for our NOA2 approvals.

However, our treasured list is merely internal. This does not indicate where we may be on the actual USCIS list, or which box of petitions we may be sitting in, on which shelf, and how many other boxes may be in front of ours.

From what I have been able to discern (and extrapolate accurately to the best of my ability), VJ members currently represent only about 5% of all K1 Visa filers. That means, when Igor shows us 52 NOA2's from last week (18 CSC + 34 VSC), we can extrapolate that to mean USCIS actually pushed out 1,040 for that week. It's a little mind boggling, but I've double checked my numbers, and it seems to be the case.

Any other number crunchers out there who would like to have a look at my crunching, just let me know, I'll send ya my sources. In the meantime, I guess the moral of the story is, don't be discouraged if Igor shows us little to no activity in any given period of time. Seeing as how we only represent about 5% of the petitions actually being shuffled through those boxes, it may not be a super-duper accurate reading, and things may still be moving at a reasonable pace in the CSC/VSC offices.

(All that said, I'm now going to go back to Igor's list to see if I've made progress from the last time I checked it, about 20 minutes ago!) :whistle:

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

:) Its updated every hours :)

So.

No need to check it more than one time by hour.

Something i don"t understand.

I see sometimes my timeline moving and no change on the igor list at the same time... ? :blink:

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

We represent only 5% so the metaphor is that we are kinda like exit polls during an election or the results after only 5% of the returns...

The hope is that we still reflect a cross-sampling of all filers so that our timelines and expectations are reasonable

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

My instinct is to think that VJers are approved without RFE's more often than the general non-VJ population, and therefore our timelines move slightly quicker. To what extent, I have no idea.

We all know that having the support of the guides and the community is invaluable! And the fact that VJers are saavy enough to seek out and find VJ in the first place makes me think they are savvy enough to fill out the forms and adhere to the process more accurately. :innocent:

I wonder if the case workers look at our petitions and think, "Oh... another VisaJourney member..." :D

(no doubt this post just guaranteed our case will get an RFE... lol)

Edited by psiprez

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well the problem in looking at the service centers and extrapolating K-1 activity, and how good or bad these centers are performing, is that these center's do far more than process K-1 visas. The adjudicators are working on work visas, student visas, family immigration visas, assylum, etc. Some of these visas have a higher priority that our K-1's. I have read that the work visa actually receives a higher priority level than the K-1, as do certain refugee/assylum visas. Now I don't begrudge the assylum seekers because most of the had to go through a lot to reach that "status", however, I do have a problem with the worker visas getting processed ahead of the K-1's. The K-1's relate to citizens the worker visas are for foreign workers to come and work in American companies. Citizens should take a higher priority, but we don't have a political action committee to argue on our behalf. So when you think of silicon valley (CSC filers) remember those programmers and engineers brought in from overseas moved ahead of you in line for visa approval and took up your adjudicator's time. :(

Let everyone in, I say, just after the citizens of this country have been taken care of.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Well the problem in looking at the service centers and extrapolating K-1 activity, and how good or bad these centers are performing, is that these center's do far more than process K-1 visas. The adjudicators are working on work visas, student visas, family immigration visas, assylum, etc. Some of these visas have a higher priority that our K-1's. I have read that the work visa actually receives a higher priority level than the K-1, as do certain refugee/assylum visas. Now I don't begrudge the assylum seekers because most of the had to go through a lot to reach that "status", however, I do have a problem with the worker visas getting processed ahead of the K-1's. The K-1's relate to citizens the worker visas are for foreign workers to come and work in American companies. Citizens should take a higher priority, but we don't have a political action committee to argue on our behalf. So when you think of silicon valley (CSC filers) remember those programmers and engineers brought in from overseas moved ahead of you in line for visa approval and took up your adjudicator's time. :(

Let everyone in, I say, just after the citizens of this country have been taken care of.

You make an excellent point - and one I had not previously thought of. It does make me cross when I think that the cases get touched and then left for weeks, and yet the former USCIS adjudicator who was on VJ said it can take no more than 15 mins to process a case. If you can look at the file - then why can't you approve it??

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

My instinct is to think that VJers are approved without RFE's more often than the general non-VJ population, and therefore our timelines move slightly quicker. To what extent, I have no idea.

We all know that having the support of the guides and the community is invaluable! And the fact that VJers are saavy enough to seek out and find VJ in the first place makes me think they are savvy enough to fill out the forms and adhere to the process more accurately. :innocent:

I wonder if the case workers look at our petitions and think, "Oh... another VisaJourney member..." :D

I think you're exactly right. The percentage of VJ'ers who end up with RFE's MUST be substantially lower than those who haven't found VJ. I wonder how much time that shaves off for all of us, on average.

Does anyone know if there is another VJ-like site out there?

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I think you're exactly right. The percentage of VJ'ers who end up with RFE's MUST be substantially lower than those who haven't found VJ. I wonder how much time that shaves off for all of us, on average.

Does anyone know if there is another VJ-like site out there?

http://www.immigrate2us.net/

I actually found this site before I found VJ... but I only use VJ because there are considerably less members and post on that site than here

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.