abril1

Fiance required at the interview???

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called the Ciudad Juarez (mexico) COnsulate, and they told me when I receive the fiancee package I'll receive some instructions and I'll know if my fiance needs to come with me for the interview. But they also said that even if in the package doesn't say anything about it he should come, cause probably they'll ask for him at the consulate and if he is not there I'll have to make another appointment. we don't know what to do, right now its very difficult for him to come, he said he'll come if the package saids he needs to, but we don't have a lot of money for him to come and not be required at the interview. Is there a way to make 100% sure he needs to come?

Some advice please???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
I called the Ciudad Juarez (mexico) COnsulate, and they told me when I receive the fiancee package I'll receive some instructions and I'll know if my fiance needs to come with me for the interview. But they also said that even if in the package doesn't say anything about it he should come, cause probably they'll ask for him at the consulate and if he is not there I'll have to make another appointment. we don't know what to do, right now its very difficult for him to come, he said he'll come if the package saids he needs to, but we don't have a lot of money for him to come and not be required at the interview. Is there a way to make 100% sure he needs to come?

Some advice please???

My understanding is that Ciadad Juarez did not even let the petitioner inside the building to wait, let alone require them to attend the interview...but you should wait for the Mexican experts to answer that one definitively for you!

AOS Timeline

April 18, 2008 Civil Wedding at the courthouse

April 25. 2008 AOS packet sent to Chicago

April 29, 2008 AOS packet delivered

May 5, 2008 Receipt date for I-485, I-765 & I-131

May 9, 2008 NOA's & Biometrics Appointment letter received

May 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

June 6, 2008 Case transferred to CSC

July 8, 2008 AP Approved

July 14, 2008 EAD Approved

October 10, 2008 I-485 Approved

October 14, 2008 Green card received

I-129F Timeline

Sept 13, 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 15, 2007 I-129F received at VSC at 2:32pm

Sept 17, 2007 NOA1 Receipt

Jan 25, 2008 NOA2 Receipt

Jan 31, 2008 NVC received approved petition from USCIS, VT

Feb 4, 2008 NVC letter received with new case number & Petition forwarded to San Jose, Costa Rica

Feb 7, 2008 DHL package signed for by R MORA at San Jose Embassy

Mar 5, 2008 Picked up packet & scheduled interview for Mar 14th

Mar 7, 2008 Blood work & Xray medicals complete

Mar 10, 2008 Physical & vaccinations complete

Mar 14, 2008 Interview - receive 221(g) for missing Single certificate for Costa Rica

Mar 26, 2008 Pick up completed Single Cert from the Registro Civil & deliver to Embassy

Apr 2, 2008 Deliver Australian Single status cert to Embassy

Apr 8, 2008 Approved!! Visa in hand same day :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

(Not an expert) but everyone that I have talked with and everything that I have read, they all say that the USC is not allowed inside of the building.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

As far as I know....(but this is in the case of the Colombian embassy) Us USC are allowed in as evidence...but is it requiered for us to be there? No...its optional and is a right we have being that we are the petitioners.

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

Some advice please???

Does it mention anything on the Consulate section of the US embassy page for Mexico??

In DR petitioners are REQUIRED to be at the interview for K1 and it so states on the web page.

Everything I've read in the CDJ thread shows that the USC fiance was never invited or allowed inside the building except for one or two times when they had to prove their ongoing relationship (about a year ago or so), and that was only after the interview was completed and the visa wasn't issued yet. Even if you wait in line with him, the guards will tell you you aren't allowed inside. In the 1 or 2 situations where the USC went inside the consulate, they lied to the guards and said the officer #___ (whoever interviewed the Mexican fiance the previous day) had said they were to come inside (the officer never gave them a letter or anything to show the guards).

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.