trulo

jamaican embassy

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why does Jamaican Embassy take up to 3 month to schedule an interview...can any shed some light on that for me?....Keep in mind they just completed a huge building only last year...itrs really big....so why the long wait?

Marriage (if applicable): 2007-02-14

I-130 Sent : 2007-05-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-130 Approved : 2007-11-19

NVC Received : 2007-12-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-12-28

Pay I-864 Bill 2007-12-29

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-01-23

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-01-19

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2007-12-28

Receive IV Bill : 2008-02-01

Pay IV Bill : 2008-02-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-02-20

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-03-07

NVC Left : 2008-05-02

Consulate Received : 2008-05-11

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-23

Interview Date : 2008-06-03

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2008-06-17

US Entry : 2008-07-28

Lifting Restrictions:

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-06-19

NOA Date : 2010-06-24

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-20

Approval / Denial Date : 2010-10-05

Approved : Yes

Green Card Received : 2010-10-08

N400:

CIS Office : Dallas TX

Date Filed : 2011-08-19

NOA Date : 2011-08-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-09-15

Interview Date : 2011-11-02

Approved : Yes

Timeline

They have to finish processing and finalizing the petition. It will take about 3 months to get everything together. They have so many that applications and have only a set amount of interviews each day. Remember JA is a high fraud country.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

This visa process is getting me nervous. I love my husband dearly but it seems that you have to pull teeth to prove it to them. I met my husband about five years ago (July 2003) when i went to JA with my best friend's mom (He is my best friend cousin). I was only there for a week but we hit off great like we knew each other for years. We lost contact after that year and haven't spoken to each other but when i went back in July 2007 we basically rekindled our relationship and wanted to make it serious. So...i went back in Sept 2007 and got married. I've been back in December 2007 and going back down next week. I haven't taking any pictures really when i went back down except for my wedding pictures. I'm definitely going to take a lot of pictures when i go down next week but i am saying to myself "is this enough". We talk on the phone everyday so i have "proof" of communication but is there anything else i could do??? I do plan to be at the interview (whenever it gets to that point) so i hope that helps. Another thing that scares me is because we are sought of a "young" couple. Me (USC wife) being older than him. He is 23 and I am 27. I wonder if they will see that as a potential "red flag". :wacko:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

You'll be fine Jgay. Girl your stressin yourself out. Your ages are not young at all, trust me. If you woulda said 18 and 19 then maybe, but 23 and 27 is average to get married. If you 2 are in a true realtionship that will show. its the folks not in a true relationship that seem to show red flags no matter what they try to do to cover them.

Enjoy your trip...wish I was going too.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
This visa process is getting me nervous. I love my husband dearly but it seems that you have to pull teeth to prove it to them. I met my husband about five years ago (July 2003) when i went to JA with my best friend's mom (He is my best friend cousin). I was only there for a week but we hit off great like we knew each other for years. We lost contact after that year and haven't spoken to each other but when i went back in July 2007 we basically rekindled our relationship and wanted to make it serious. So...i went back in Sept 2007 and got married. I've been back in December 2007 and going back down next week. I haven't taking any pictures really when i went back down except for my wedding pictures. I'm definitely going to take a lot of pictures when i go down next week but i am saying to myself "is this enough". We talk on the phone everyday so i have "proof" of communication but is there anything else i could do??? I do plan to be at the interview (whenever it gets to that point) so i hope that helps. Another thing that scares me is because we are sought of a "young" couple. Me (USC wife) being older than him. He is 23 and I am 27. I wonder if they will see that as a potential "red flag". :wacko:

You will be fine 5 years is a long time. Just put all your stuff in a binder under categories. Make it real big and they might not even look thats what we did. I swear my binder weighed like 10 pounds. I knew my husband for 8 years before we got married. I could not afford to go for 2 years. Then I went back down March 2006 and we were married August 2006. He was 24 and I was 28 when we got married. Your not young at all. Relax. Most people don't have five years of proof. I had one year of phone calls in my binder. I brought my wedding album. They did not look at a thing because we had been together for a long time. I hope this helps jgay. If your going to attend the intervie that is great because your the greatest proof there is. Your on Visa Journey and everyone here passes 100 percent. I only know of a few who didnt pass because of gang in their system.

All the best!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Thanks. But now I'm even more nervous because my husband use to smoke the gang. He only stopped just a month ago (Feb) since I know that is a denial reason right there. Since he stopped do you think it will still be in his system when he does his physical?? He told me he is drinking Sirasee (not sure if i spelled it right) to clean out his system. Do you think that will work???? :unsure:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks. But now I'm even more nervous because my husband use to smoke the gang. He only stopped just a month ago (Feb) since I know that is a denial reason right there. Since he stopped do you think it will still be in his system when he does his physical?? He told me he is drinking Sirasee (not sure if i spelled it right) to clean out his system. Do you think that will work???? :unsure:

A month is plenty. And, he'll have more months by the time the interview comes along.

Just make sure to tell him to say he NEVER EVER smoked the ganga. If he admits it one bit, they will fail his medical. That's a 3 year ban and it's not guarenteed after the 3 years he will be given a visa.

The rest of the stuff is fine. You should have your passport stamp from the first time you met so you are fine there. I do think taking some more pictures is a good idea.

A 4 year age difference is nothing. And like Marlita said, you are both at the ages when most people marry all the time.

Good luck.

For the person who asked why it takes so long.....some of it is red tape BS. The rest, I think you'll see when you get there.....a whole lot of people try to go through that embassy every day.

Edited by Jomo's girl

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.