BC_Ed

Immunization

12 posts in this topic

Timeline

I just got my DS-230. There is a letter in the package explaining that I need evidence of a LONG list of vaccinations. I was born in Ontario more than 50 years ago and now live in BC.

How did others go about getting there evidence? Did you have to get revaccinated?

Any help appreicated greatly.

Thanks,

Ed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have any records, those are helpful.

You can also go to your regular GP and ask to have blood work done -- they can do what are called blood titres that test to see if your immunizations are still in effect -- if not, you can be immunized by your doctor and get the record from him/her.

Between the records I had and the titre I had taken, my immunizations were covered -- I took all the documents to the civil surgeon, who looked them over, filled out the immunization worksheet, and that was that. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline

I just went through the same thing. Go to your GP, explain the situation, and ask for a record of your immunizations. More than likely they won't have a record and you will need to be revaccinated. Make sure your GP writes down the vacs you received and gives it to you. Take that with you to the medical and they will accept it. Good luck, Ed!

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I phoned my old family DR (back in SASK.) and explained the situation. He didnt keep that info on record in his office BUT They do keep it on file at the health districts office(cant recall the official name) I called them and they faxed me a copy of my vacs! Or do the titre

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Does jasman ever say anything???

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes, but lots of smileys usually

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was born and raised in Alberta and there were NO records of any of my shots. I had to go get them all done again, I just went to the local health unit. no problem

May God's Grace be all you will ever need ticker.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

why get your shots again when you get get the blood titre test done??

Required immunizations for CAnadians 18 -64..... these are the only ones you need for the visa medical....

Tetanus Diphtheria (Td)

An initial series of three immunizations, which are normally received in childhood at ages 2, 4 and 6 months and a booster immunization within the last 10 years must be documented.

or

If you have no proof of a primary series you must begin an adult series of TWO doses of Td 4 to 8 weeks apart with a third dose 6 to 12 months after the second. You must be as up-to-date as possible with your series at the time of your immigration medical.

or

You must have proof of a Td booster within the 4 weeks prior to your immigration medical.

or

An antibody titers blood test showing proof of immunity to tetanus and diphtheria.

MMR Combination Vaccine for:

* Mumps

* Measles

* German Measles (Rubella)

If you were born after 1956 you must show proof of immunization for mumps, measles and German measles

or

An antibody titers blood test showing proof of immunity to MMR (mumps/measles/rubella).

or

You must receive an immunization for MMR.

Chickenpox (Varicella)

A verbal declaration of chickenpox.

or

Proof of immunization against chickenpox. Normally two immunizations 4 to 8 weeks apart or the first of the two within the 4 weeks prior to your immigration medical examination.

or

An antibody titers blood test showing proof of immunity to chickenpox (varicella).

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Does jasman ever say anything???

She is in every forum and basically just uses smilelys, I think she is trying to get more blocks and hearts. It's alittle annoying , don't you think? We are here for info, not smileys?

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Timeline

Some people are fascinated with piling up the posts (hearts)!!. Does get annoying, but each their own I guess, lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.