Meg and Grae

Originals to Embassy?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well. My fiance and I are finally moving through this process. He's received packet three in the mail and is working on that. I'm compiling my paperwork and all the things that the visa journey time line suggests mailing to him. I'm wondering-what originals do I need to send him? I've read that I can send him a cert. copy of my birth certificate and avoid mailing my passport. Do I need to send originals of cards, letters, etc? I'm just wondering because they should have my entire original I-129F packet. The cards are the only thing I can remember that I made copies of. That and my passport I guess.

Also, my mom is filing as our co-sponsor. I make enough money but because I just graduated from college, my W-2 for 2007 only reflects about 1/4 year thus does not show enough income. Anyway, what should my mother right on the Affidavit of Support as her relationship to my fiance. Is co-sponsor okay? I know this has been asked on the board before but I've never seen a real answer to it.

Thank you so much for all thoughts, comments, etc.

Good luck to all.

Meg

unitedkingdom-.gif

newzealand-.gifunitedstates-.gif

10/11/2005 We met!

K-1

10/27/2007 Sent I-129F to VSC

05/09/2008 Interview. Approved.

06/23/2008 Point of Entry

07/02/2008 JP Wedding Date

AOS Paperwork

08/21/2008 Mailed AOS Paperwork

08/27/2008 Check Cashed/Case Opened

10/11/2008 Church Wedding

03/05/2009 Greencard Arrived!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are not required to send originals of anything unless they are specifically asked for by the consulate in there document request packet. The *suggestion* to have originals at the interview is more about CYA than anything else.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Eventhough your w-2 only showed 1/4 income, have an employment letter with an income. It must show either hourly wage or yearly salary. Then on the derived income line on the I-134, put the salary there. In case of hourly wage, determine the max hours you can possible work in a year and multiply that by your wage and place that sum on the derived income line. Many of the visa attendants are lazy to do the calculations, you need to put a value there.

Just take the documents mentioned on the packet 3. If the embassy requires something more, they'll let you know. For your mother, just use a notarized I-134, which is the same as your affidavit of support.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Meg, for the interview the consulate will want to see the original, plus recieve a copy of the documents you mentioned above, for the BENFICIARY of the K1. So that means for your fiance. You've already sent copies your stuff to the processing service center in order to get the NOA2. The only thing you need to provide you fiance with for the interview is the sponsorship stuff.

Edited by julezabelle

Timeline
Meg, for the interview the consulate will want to see the original, plus recieve a copy of the documents you mentioned above, for the BENFICIARY of the K1. So that means for your fiance. You've already sent copies your stuff to the processing service center in order to get the NOA2. The only thing you need to provide you fiance with for the interview is the sponsorship stuff.

Thank you all so much for the help. console, I've been wondering about this all as I have two jobs on top of W-2's that don't show the full year!! Any suggestions there? I was thinking I'd combine incomes (MY 2 jobs) on the affidavit with an * then do the calculations and explanations on a separate sheet. I know there is a part on the support letter that asks for relationship. What should my mom write?

unitedkingdom-.gif

10/11/2005 We met!

K-1

AOS Paperwork

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Don't give them a letter, it'll only make it worse. Just totaled up the two jobs, find the total income, and place it on the derived income line. If they ask your fiancee where you got this from, the employment letter will be accepted. I helped someone on this before. The embassy accepted the affidavit.

Your mother need not write an affidivat. Use the form I-134 as well. Also, include the most recent tax returns or better yet, past three years. In the relationship part just put petitoner's (your name basically) mother.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline
Don't give them a letter, it'll only make it worse. Just totaled up the two jobs, find the total income, and place it on the derived income line. If they ask your fiancee where you got this from, the employment letter will be accepted. I helped someone on this before. The embassy accepted the affidavit.

Your mother need not write an affidivat. Use the form I-134 as well. Also, include the most recent tax returns or better yet, past three years. In the relationship part just put petitoner's (your name basically) mother.

Okay, thank you so much for the help. I'm sure with my mom's income and mine together (which are more than enough to prove support) they won't give us any hassle. Just trying to make sure I've got everything together and straightened out. Thanks again. Meg

unitedkingdom-.gif

10/11/2005 We met!

K-1

AOS Paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.