tuty

Filing in March

1,254 posts in this topic

I guess I just got excited when I saw how some got the noa2 in a month's time.

I did the same thing. The average for March filers has been climbing mostly as VSC slowed down some at the beginning of April. Yours could be another 2-3 weeks, but then you never know because they get out of order and approve somebody really fast. That's why we're all crazy, obsessed nuts here. :wacko:

Today's obsession: I think my petition left the NVC for London today. No confirmation but I was eyeing a package on DHL tracking so decided to fixate on it being ours. Like I said NUTS. I'll call NVC late tonight when they're not busy and check status.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Today's obsession: I think my petition left the NVC for London today. No confirmation but I was eyeing a package on DHL tracking so decided to fixate on it being ours. Like I said NUTS. I'll call NVC late tonight when they're not busy and check status.

nah, that's not nuts at all. i'm sure if i was at that point, i'd be doing the exact same thing. hope when you call you find out it's on it's way :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Glad you are feeling better, Erin. :) Perspective is a wonderful thing! ;)

Tuty, there is really nothing you can do to get that document sooner? I did a google search regarding argentinian id's and could only find someone in your situation... waiting. :( I'd send them a letter each day requesting it... maybe they'll just want to get rid of you... or at the very least get their attention! I hope you get it sooner than you think.

You are so sweet! thanks...! Well we tried...but at least I thank god I have my baby and that I had the wonderful oportunity of meeting him. I guess if there isnt any option I will just to wait and keep going as usual. Donnie promised that if that is the case and we have to wait that long he will come more often and for longer periods...keeping a possitive approach....( I guess thats the only alternative) :crying::wacko:

Hello Happy Campers

The sun has been out again today hoorah! I was going to walk home and set off in the right direction although to get home I HAVE to walk through the shopping center and by the time I came out the other side I had too many bags to carry. Teehee I bought lots of nice new summer tops that actually fit because my wardrobe from last summer is 3 sizes too big in some cases. All courtesy of my overdraft of course. Sadly I got home and opened up my emails - for the first time today - and there wasn't a NOA2 in sight ... there was however a £100 phone bill :( so I'm thinking I might have to take some of my new stuff back :angry:

Erin I'm super glad you are getting a hold of the problems that were worrying you most. Its strange how once you get one thing under control everything else seems much more manageable too. Definitely don't forget the sunscreen, I would rather be as pale as I am (I'm very English pale) than some of the lobster looking ladies I saw today, NOT pretty. The sun doesn't half bring all the weirdos out of the woodwork as well!

Tuty lovely I'm sorry for the way things have worked out for you. Will the waiting mean that your NOA2 is likely to expire? Can't Donnie get his embassy to request it? Ahhh I'm sure you have thought of everything already I just wish that I could help some. Will be nice for you to spend some time with Donnie and hopefully you will be able to lift your spirits some. If there is anything we can do to help let us know, although my talents don't stretch very far ... maybe to a song at best.

I becoming quite habitual about my daily post to you all, so there it is. I hope you guys are all well.

Bex xxx

I guess they will wait on us....and thats whats congressmen are for! lol

yvfip2.png

4464359_bodyshot_300x400.gif4592513_bodyshot_300x400.gif

LQPEsa5e7K0

.png

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Israel

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-08

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-04-02

NVC Received : 04-09-08

NVC Left : 04-14-08

Consulate Received : 15 April, 2008

Packet 3 Received : 21 April, 2008

Packet 3 Sent : 24 April 2008

NOW IS WHEN EVERYTHING GETS STUCK: I have to wait 8 to 12 months for Argentinean ID and another 2 weeks for police certificate (I want to cry)

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage : Wedding on the beach in Pensacola, Florida .....YAY!

Comments : GOOD LUCK WITH THE K1 TUTY and ARIELLA!!!!!!!!

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 34 days from your filing date.

Good morning Marchers

I've now confirmed that my package left NVC Thursday afternoon and it's flying over the Atlantic as I type. Whew! Every little step feels rewarding and boosts your mood. With the weekend upon us, I suppose it will be Monday before it gets delivered to the London Embassy---which is precisely the day I arrive in England. Packet 3 should come while I'm there so we can do that part and organize the docs for the interview together. I finalized my Affidavit of Support and got it notarized this week. Also got the tax transcripts, bank statements, and assorted "proof" of income ready for backup if they ask to see it at the Embassy. So, I guess that means my part is done for now. It's time for me to get my packing organized, charge up the UK mobile phone, and make notes for the cat sitter.

You know what's really crazy? Suddenly all the waiting and agonizing has vanished and I'm thinking..well that was quick and easy. LOL

So hang on everybody, it will happen.

P.S. :idea: Vibes~~~~ to VSC for Bex (Haven't forgotten ya)

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hey March filers.

I'm having a rotten day today, everything feels really unmanageable. I'm starting to really panic about my exams and can't focus properly on revision. Sadly I know I'm not doing enough but I just can't break away from obsessing about the visa. It's a shame they aren't giving me a question on this process I'd ace it. Thanks for the good vibes, mine have just about all run out now I'm afraid. I wish we had just put this whole process on hold until I had finished with school, its in my nature to be really calm and sensible about things but its too much to take on with everything else. Its too late now tho I don't think I'm going to get the grades I deserve in for my degree and thats something that I'm going to regret forever. How sad is that?!

I'm sorry to go all dooms day on you guys. I know there are a lot of people waiting a lot longer than us. Its not the waiting, its the waiting combined with everything else.

On a different note :star: Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day! Although Alan is no longer in active service he was when we first met and it was extremely difficult for all of us that love and care for him. Everyone on here knows how difficult it is to be separated from our partners but the stress and strain on the relationship is multiplied ten fold when one of you is deployed to a war zone. I didn't just worry about when I would get to talk to him/see him again but IF I would. Every time the phone rings and you see an unknown number you panic and when the news came on in the evening telling me that more soldiers had lost their lives I would make myself sick with worry until I heard from him. The day he came home safe I was dizzy with excitement, I would definitely not be able to go through this process if we were still in that situation. Alan is no longer active although he is enlisted in the reserves and we recently had a scare when he was called up for a Muster Drill, it looks like they are unlikely to call him up right now but it reminded us that our lives can still change at any moment. Please take some time out to show your support for the members of this community who are currently going through much more than most of us can imagine. My dear friend Sarah Jayne has created a thread for this here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126800

Thanks guys for listening to my ramblings and I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Lots of Love

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Timeline
I'm having a rotten day today, everything feels really unmanageable. I'm starting to really panic about my exams and can't focus properly on revision. Sadly I know I'm not doing enough but I just can't break away from obsessing about the visa. It's a shame they aren't giving me a question on this process I'd ace it. Thanks for the good vibes, mine have just about all run out now I'm afraid. I wish we had just put this whole process on hold until I had finished with school, its in my nature to be really calm and sensible about things but its too much to take on with everything else. Its too late now tho I don't think I'm going to get the grades I deserve in for my degree and thats something that I'm going to regret forever. How sad is that?!

I'm sorry to go all dooms day on you guys. I know there are a lot of people waiting a lot longer than us. Its not the waiting, its the waiting combined with everything else.

***HUGS***

don't be sorry at all. i agree that it's not the waiting, it's the waiting combined with everything else. we all have so much on the go, both as individuals and within our relationships. i have days when i wish we had waited until we had both sorted things out, but the reality is that there will always be something to deal with. i am hoping that this struggle to be together will make us stronger in the long run. it's very hard for me to see some days, but i know it is true.

i saw my counselor last night. she has been helpful in terms of handling stressful issues at work and such, but last night she focused on "what is he doing for you?" and "why do you want to give up everything here to be with him?" well, today i'm a complete wreck about it all. i don't know what else to say... but my heart hurts. everyone seems to be doubting what i'm doing, not able to understand what i see in him and why i'm willing to move and start a new life. it's true that there are times when he's not there for me, but he can't be. he has a child and a lot happening. it would be unfair of me to demand attention 100% of the time, and i would resent him if he was doing that. i just wish people could be more supportive. i know it's good to really question the path you're on to make sure it's solid, but there seems to be a lack of understanding from other people about the situation and our present reality. i don't know what else i can do to help them get it. and truthfully, part of me does get very sad from time to time when i realize he can never be there for me 100%. but given how i feel when i'm with him, and how we are when we're together, i'm willing to accept the situation for what it is. when this process is all said and done we'll be in such a good place.

gosh... i started out upbeat and ended up here. :blush: i should get back to work. i have 4.5 hours to finalize 6 articles and print a rough draft of a magazine. oh, and the entire office is OUT of the office so i'm covering 3 other desks.

i really appreciate being able to write to you all and know that you'll read and understand and be supportive.

much love,

erin

Erin sweetheart I feel you 100% - I had the visa conversation with my friends for like the 50th time yesterday and they still say things like "but surely if you are marrying an American you can just go live there" and "well I know someone who moved there to live and it was really easy." I lost it a little bit yesterday and was just like YES O.k you are right and I am wrong, there are easier ways to do this I just enjoy putting myself through all this heart ache and stress so I chose the most difficult route I could ... I mean seriously I know that a lot of people are ignorant to this process but why do they feel the need to lecture me on something I clearly know more about than they do. I wouldn't dream of telling a heart surgeon what to do and neither would they for that matter!! Its hard when no one understands. My friends and family don't want me to go but they are at least quite supportive of it all, I don't know if they take it serious or not but they appear supportive.

As for David and his son I get you on that too. I told Alan a long time ago that I was happy to always come 2nd best to Nicholas. I understand that he has a son and that I have no idea how that feels, I knew that when I got involved and I would never dream of coming between them. Alan is very supportive of the 3 of us being a family so that really helps, I don't feel sidelined but I do have to accept that if it came down to that very fine judgment then it would be Nicholas over me. Just as when we finally start a family it may very well mean my our children over Alan for me. However this conversation did go a long the lines of I will happily spend my life coming second to Nicholas but the moment I come 3rd to ANYTHING else that is when you seriously jeopardize this relationship. I won't tolerate coming after work or buddies or even his parents, if he wants me to be mature about it all then there needed to be some give or take. Hell I have 21 year old friends who have ended relationships with their boyfriends because they wont miss football training on a Saturday if Alan would like me to take on the responsibility of a family then the least he can do is play by my rules too.

I may have little life experience but what I do have has taught me that people very often find it difficult to be supportive of others happiness when they are not happy themselves. I'm sorry you aren't getting the support from people that you need right now. We all believe in your relationship and know that you are smart enough to not enter into anything this huge without first making sure it is absolutely 100% what you want. You have to remember that your friends and family only want whats best for you, you haven't been the happiest of bunnies recently and they will see this and be concerned for you. People question me on whether this is the right decision all the time, if one of my friends came to me with plans this big i would definitely do the same. Maybe talk to them and explain how certain you are with your choices and how as this is a very difficult time and you really need their support. As for the councilor she is just trying to establish the route of your unhappiness, I have a friend who is a psychologist and she is always unleashing little seeds in my mind. As long as you have the answers to satisfy yourself you do not need to prove your love for David to anyone else (except maybe him.)

NOW DO SOME WORK!!!

*hugs*

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Ok you might have to prove your love to USCIS, NVC, US Embassy and POE too

BUT THATS ALL!!!

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Timeline

it's true... i haven't been a very happy bunny lately. i am working on it though and feel like i'm made some major progress recently. there's no point getting into it all, but the last few years have been filled with incredible difficulties that i have always managed to overcome. i should be proud of myself!

i am lucky that my family is supportive (or appears to be so), and that the majority of my friends are excited about it all. it's just a few key people who are seriously concerned and the issues they have raised are all valid. i guess that's why i'm so bogged down in it today.

i really appreciate you taking the time to write... i need to clear my head before i write anything more. gosh - it's been a busy day at work but i did it!

(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

happy weekend!

erin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
Hey March filers.

On a different note :star: Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day! Although Alan is no longer in active service he was when we first met and it was extremely difficult for all of us that love and care for him. Everyone on here knows how difficult it is to be separated from our partners but the stress and strain on the relationship is multiplied ten fold when one of you is deployed to a war zone. I didn't just worry about when I would get to talk to him/see him again but IF I would. Every time the phone rings and you see an unknown number you panic and when the news came on in the evening telling me that more soldiers had lost their lives I would make myself sick with worry until I heard from him. The day he came home safe I was dizzy with excitement, I would definitely not be able to go through this process if we were still in that situation. Alan is no longer active although he is enlisted in the reserves and we recently had a scare when he was called up for a Muster Drill, it looks like they are unlikely to call him up right now but it reminded us that our lives can still change at any moment. Please take some time out to show your support for the members of this community who are currently going through much more than most of us can imagine. My dear friend Sarah Jayne has created a thread for this here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126800

Thanks guys for listening to my ramblings and I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Lots of Love

Bex xxx

Im sorry to hear that honey, I do know what you talk about since I live in the Middle East and many people in our families serve in the military ...and times are no other tan awful. We had a war 2 summers ago and I was in a shelter with my 2 little boys ...waiting for it to end...

yvfip2.png

4464359_bodyshot_300x400.gif4592513_bodyshot_300x400.gif

LQPEsa5e7K0

.png

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Israel

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-08

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-04-02

NVC Received : 04-09-08

NVC Left : 04-14-08

Consulate Received : 15 April, 2008

Packet 3 Received : 21 April, 2008

Packet 3 Sent : 24 April 2008

NOW IS WHEN EVERYTHING GETS STUCK: I have to wait 8 to 12 months for Argentinean ID and another 2 weeks for police certificate (I want to cry)

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage : Wedding on the beach in Pensacola, Florida .....YAY!

Comments : GOOD LUCK WITH THE K1 TUTY and ARIELLA!!!!!!!!

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 34 days from your filing date.

Timeline
Im sorry to hear that honey, I do know what you talk about since I live in the Middle East and many people in our families serve in the military ...and times are no other tan awful. We had a war 2 summers ago and I was in a shelter with my 2 little boys ...waiting for it to end...

gosh tuty... i cannot even begin to imagine what that would have been like. i used to work for an organization that assisted children affected by war and conflict. in many ways it was the best job i've ever had (and will ever have). but it was also so difficult to witness all that happens and feel like even though you're trying your best, it will take so much more to make a real change. i do hope that you and your children are never put in that situation again.

i hope you have all been enjoying the weekend :yes:

and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms here (F)(F)(F)

the weather was beautiful here yesterday. i spent most of the day outside. had brunch with a friend and got some sun while sitting on a patio. then we went for a bike ride before i met up with another friend to go for a walk. i wound up helping my friend jason host a bbq dinner at his house. it was a lot of fun and we ate so many good things! steak, asparagus, roasted garlic, grilled tomatoes. mmmmmm.

today has been gray and cloudy. i spent some time at the library, called my mom a few times (it is mother's day, after all :D), went for a walk through chinatown to buy some groceries, and did some meal planning for the week. i also had a very nice nap and spoke with david for a while as he was driving home from his mom's. it's raining outside now so i'm listening to the rain and watching the hockey game.

i'm looking forward to accomplishing a lot this week at work and with some other things i'm moving forward. also trying to think of something i can do for david. he's been going through quite a bit with work so i'd like to send him some sort of care package to keep his spirits up.

aleena - what was the present you were working on for your guy? did you get it finished before you got to visit with him?

anyhow, i should get a quick bite to eat before it gets too late. i hope you all had a great day!

hugs,

erin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone-

Just wanted to say hello. I haven't been around much, because I'm a CSC filer and well, I don't really have any news to update people with. Plus school and work have pretty much taken up all my time, so I don't have much free time to catch up on this site. Anyway, good luck to those who have been approved and are on their ways.

Erin, are we the only CSC March filers lurking around here? Or are there more? I believe we have the same NOA1 date, so hopefully good things will be happening soon!

Good luck to everyone :) Hope the week starts well for all!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Good Morning Lovelies!

I hope everyone has a brilliant weekend and all the mummies were spoiled rotten. I bought my mum some flowers and treated her a bit and she was loving the fact that she gets 2 Mothers Days. Hmmm whatever makes me leaving easier!

Tuty it must be so hard, I get so angry when I hear people complaining about how awful their lives are here in the UK. Most of them have no idea how difficult life really can be at times. But I believe that knowledge is power and everything I have been through makes me stronger and a better person. I'm a big believer in going through life with eyes wide open, even if that means seeing lots of things I might not want to along the way.

Erin your weekend sounded lovely. I can't believe its Monday again. I hope you get all your plans fulfilled this week. Do you know if David has any spare evenings. I like to buy Alan and a friend baseball/hockey/football tickets every now and then so he has to take a night off and enjoy himself. Maybe there is something you have in Canada that he really likes and you could send him some in the mail. I'm always trying to get Alan to send me peanut butter M&Ms (like for the last 3 years) the day he actually does I will be so happy!! Or maybe email some naughty pictures to his work address?!?! Just a thought. ;)

Hi Caity Rose. I hope everything is going well with school - I'll be finished with my degree for ever in 10 days time! (Hopefully.) I am so stoked. Good luck with everything and stop by whenever you can to say hi. Fingers crossed you and Erin wont be to far behind the VSC filers.

I'm giving up on wishing for my NOA2 for a while. I'll be back on the good vibe wagon at the beginning of June but until then W.H.A.T.E.V.E.R USCIS! teehee

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week.

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello my friends!

i haven't been posting in a while mostly because my internet connection at home is down... and i can only get on line while i am at work...

so i managed to stay away from the USCIS web site and Igor's list the whole weekend...and this morning when i finally did check it i was hoping to see at least more approvals...But not even a single one since last Thursday...

So i got a little sad...and then i started reading our thread...and felt a little bad...because there are people going through a lot more stuff than we are... And my biggest worry is that USCIS is slowing down..So i decided to change my perspective on the whole thing and be happy that things are as they are right now...

So what if it takes a little longer? I know that in the end it will all be fine....

This is my last month at my job... I decided to leave at the end of the month and move back to my home town and spend some time with my family...My mom is a little sad about me going to live so far away so i am thinking by the time i finally leave we will be tired of eachother and it won't be such a "tragedy"...lol

plus... i am totally slacking at work...and not happy with it...

so i decided to concentrate about things that i really want to do before i leave...

Number one on my list is visiting a very dear friend in London...and walk around the city for a few days...So i just booked my flight!

I will be having a cup of tea with the queen 3 weeks from now...lol

Erin...now i can reaveal my project!

i will try to post a picture of it ;ater if i can get online from home...

So here it goes...

I work in an advertising agency...so one of my coworkers in the creative department helped a lot. i found a picture of a king and queen (like a royal portrait) on the internet and the designer put our faces on it...lol It came out really good! And we printed it on something that looks like canvas...

And then i looked around for a nice and expensive aged looking frame and i framed the picture...

My baby liked it a lot! He is totaly into personalized gifts..He acually got me an engraved heart shaped jewelry box (with our names and a special message) :star:

hope my suggestion helps...lol

I129-F sent: 03-17-2008

NOA1: 03-24-2008

NOA2: 06-04-2008

Interview: 07-10-2008 - APPROVED!!!

Going back home: 07-23-2008 yaaaaay

Court house wedding: 10-09-2008

AOS sent: 10-16-2008

NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP: 10-22-2008

Case transfered to CSC: 11-07-2008

Biometrics: 11-12-2008

EAD an AP approved: 12-23-2008

AOS approved: 2-27-09

Good afternoon from the UK my March thread friends~~

It's been over 24 hours since I last got out of bed in Texas. It's so nice to be able to stretch out a little after sitting in the car, the plane, the bus or standing in a line. What a beautiful day it is here.

I was going to say something about how everybody sounds more cheerful today and then I completely dozed off on the keyboard. I guess I'd better go get a nap in, so I won't be a zombie when Nick gets home from work.

See ya later.......zzzzzzz......snooze.....zzzz......snore........

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.