Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I forgot who was it that stayed at the CHRISTAR VILLAS in Kingston. If you did please link me. I want to know how the property was. If you have any other recomendations for the Kingston area, please type it here. Thanks.

Good afternoon Trelawny,

I stayed at The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites in Kingston, whenever I go to JA. I love the hotel, because the buffet breakfast is included in the cost of the room. Whenever I am there I only need to eat my breakfast at the hotel since my in-laws are feeding me for lunch and dinner. I give this hotel a 4.5 rating, it is clean, safe and was very accommodating to my indivual needs. This might sound a little snobbish it is a real Hotel, not a motel(like motel8). I don't want anyone to take this wrong, but I hate motels.

Tre, I strongly recommend this hotel, but again , to each it own.

Thanks Roxie, no offense taken. I don't do motels either. After finding condoms (USED) in the bathtub that was it for me. No more motels.

thanks for the great info. I was thinking of staying at a hotel the night of interview so we aren't late for the 730 appointment. Are these hotels near the Embassy?

Thanks

Wakey

Hi Wakey,

This Hotel is right next door to the Hilton, close to the Embassy. The Embassy recommends the Hilton, but price is tooo high for the lack of accommondations. Again, the breakfast buffet is GREAT.

http://www.courtleigh.com/

Be Bless

Roxcie

Roxcie;

I remember the hotel now. Thanks.

Tanks!!! :thumbs:

The Courtleigh looks lovely.

FYI - I was farting around and searching for hotels and found that the Hilton offers a AAA discount.

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot who was it that stayed at the CHRISTAR VILLAS in Kingston. If you did please link me. I want to know how the property was. If you have any other recomendations for the Kingston area, please type it here. Thanks.

Good afternoon Trelawny,

I stayed at The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites in Kingston, whenever I go to JA. I love the hotel, because the buffet breakfast is included in the cost of the room. Whenever I am there I only need to eat my breakfast at the hotel since my in-laws are feeding me for lunch and dinner. I give this hotel a 4.5 rating, it is clean, safe and was very accommodating to my indivual needs. This might sound a little snobbish it is a real Hotel, not a motel(like motel8). I don't want anyone to take this wrong, but I hate motels.

Tre, I strongly recommend this hotel, but again , to each it own.

Thanks Roxie, no offense taken. I don't do motels either. After finding condoms (USED) in the bathtub that was it for me. No more motels.

thanks for the great info. I was thinking of staying at a hotel the night of interview so we aren't late for the 730 appointment. Are these hotels near the Embassy?

Thanks

Wakey

Hi Wakey,

This Hotel is right next door to the Hilton, close to the Embassy. The Embassy recommends the Hilton, but price is tooo high for the lack of accommondations. Again, the breakfast buffet is GREAT.

http://www.courtleigh.com/

Be Bless

Roxcie

Roxcie;

I remember the hotel now. Thanks.

Tanks!!! :thumbs:

The Courtleigh looks lovely.

FYI - I was farting around and searching for hotels and found that the Hilton offers a AAA discount.

Hi, The rates i have been able to get at The Courtleigh is as follows:

Room Type Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Avg Nightly Rate

Deluxe Room $157.50 $157.50 $157.50 $157.50 $157.50 $157.50 Book Now

One Bedroom Suite $202.50 $202.50 $202.50 $202.50 $202.50 $202.50 Book Now

The Rates at the Hilton is as follows:

Room Type Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Avg Nightly Rate

1 King Bed Pool or City View Non Refundable $209.00 $209.00 $209.00 $229.00 $229.00 $217.00 Book Now

2 Double Beds Pool or City View Non Refundable $209.00 $209.00 $209.00 $229.00 $229.00 $217.00 Book Now

1 King Bed Pool or City View $229.00 $229.00 $229.00 $249.00 $249.00 $237.00 Book Now

2 Double Beds Pool or City View $229.00 $229.00 $229.00 $249.00 $249.00 $237.00 Book Now

2 Double Beds Executive Floor Non Refundable $239.00 $239.00 $239.00 $259.00 $259.00 $247.00 Book Now

Now I would take the 157.50 with a full breakfast anytime over the Hilton 209.00 rate, with a bigger swimming pool. I hope this information is helpful.

Be Bless

Roxcie

:ot: I remember there was some chat about this "the other day", but I can't remember the outcome. If you are permanent resident with a social security number but not a U.S. Citizen, do you get a stimulus check?

Good afternoon everyone.

Follow this link to your stimuls check https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?app=IRACTC.

Be Bless

Roxcie

:ot: I remember there was some chat about this "the other day", but I can't remember the outcome. If you are permanent resident with a social security number but not a U.S. Citizen, do you get a stimulus check?

Yes!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is well. It has been a while. I wanted to share that I just found out that I129 file has been approved finally. I am so excited.

Health and Wellness to all!!!

Health and Wellness to you always

May your life be filled with many colors.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, now tht I spoke with him things do look better. He actuallygot there a little after 8am and got #25 and went through to the CO who reviewed his papers and said everthing is ok but she needs the other copy of the PC. When he comes back with it, he will get the visa. I looked at the copy that I have and it seems like it is the original, so I will bring it down when I go in two weeks. He is rescheduled for June 26th.

Thank you all for your empathy in this overwhelming situation. I really appreciate it. I am more upset about it than he is. He said that it will work itself out and that God know best. Not to worry. I wish I had the inner calm that he has. Thngs like this does not bother him as much as it does me.

june 26 is my anniversary. thats a good sign :)try not to let this get you down claire..just use this time to complete some kind of great project for his arrival?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Hey Yardies I've been reading for 3 days catching up...

Claire sorry to hear about what happened, try not to worry yourself too much, this is a stumbling block in the road that you and Mike will leap over in June.

Jomo my condolence (sp) to you and your family.

Lawny hopefuly whoever this person is who is harrassing you will go anyway, and leave you to be.

Jax and Nanny your babies are absolutley BEAUTIFUL :luv:

Gill easy hup yuhself tings will fall in place :yes: Congrats to Ken and his new job :dance:

Kimmy mi se yuh change yuh screen name ie throw mi off fe wan minute.

Congrats to all those with NOA1, NOA2's and upcoming interviews :dance::dance:

Jawi and luvtravln welcome back tuh yaad!!

Anyone else that I may not have mentioned.... (((((HUGS)))) to you all!!

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Hey Trelawny.....

Check this out. It would appear you are not alone.......

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126236

So sad, what a way for people to reach out for help. If you're out there, you're fogiven, and I'm here.

Lawny, you have the biggest (L) !!!

IS -- I try. I just had to get what was on my mind out. It was my way of reaching back, a bit harsh some may think, but you have to be like that sometimes. Once I do that, I'm good to go.

Did you call Ms. Cleo yet? You know Sunny is waiting on her.

Yes I am because I looked in my e-mail today and NOTHING was there. :(

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Hey Trelawny.....

So sad, what a way for people to reach out for help. If you're out there, you're fogiven, and I'm here.

Lawny, you have the biggest (L) !!!

IS -- I try. I just had to get what was on my mind out. It was my way of reaching back, a bit harsh some may think, but you have to be like that sometimes. Once I do that, I'm good to go.

Did you call Ms. Cleo yet? You know Sunny is waiting on her.

I'm trying Sunny-Gurl!! She's not taking my calls...... :rofl:

Well, does she have a cellphone????? :lol:

Claire,

Sorry about the news! I'm praying for you and Mike.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardies I've been reading for 3 days catching up...

Claire sorry to hear about what happened, try not to worry yourself too much, this is a stumbling block in the road that you and Mike will leap over in June.

Jomo my condolence (sp) to you and your family.

Lawny hopefuly whoever this person is who is harrassing you will go anyway, and leave you to be.

Jax and Nanny your babies are absolutley BEAUTIFUL :luv:

Gill easy hup yuhself tings will fall in place :yes: Congrats to Ken and his new job :dance:

Kimmy mi se yuh change yuh screen name ie throw mi off fe wan minute.

Congrats to all those with NOA1, NOA2's and upcoming interviews :dance::dance:

Jawi and luvtravln welcome back tuh yaad!!

Anyone else that I may not have mentioned.... (((((HUGS)))) to you all!!

Hey Sonny,

Good to see you gurl!!! Don't be a stranger!! :luv::luv:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hey Trelawny.....

Yeah this perve contacted me alot and it was very disturbing. I wish I knew it wasnt an isolated case.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, now tht I spoke with him things do look better. He actuallygot there a little after 8am and got #25 and went through to the CO who reviewed his papers and said everthing is ok but she needs the other copy of the PC. When he comes back with it, he will get the visa. I looked at the copy that I have and it seems like it is the original, so I will bring it down when I go in two weeks. He is rescheduled for June 26th.

Thank you all for your empathy in this overwhelming situation. I really appreciate it. I am more upset about it than he is. He said that it will work itself out and that God know best. Not to worry. I wish I had the inner calm that he has. Thngs like this does not bother him as much as it does me.

He actually got there around 0745 and they took him right in and he had the interview. He was laughing and all about the whole thing, how easy it was, although he was a bunch of nerves.

He told me a story about a guy who was there for a fiance visa and couldn't spell his finance name and the CO said "this is the woman who you want to spend the rest of your life with and you can't spell her name?" She spelled it for him but when he went to write it he look uncertain and she said "I am not helping you anymore." Mike said he left before the guy's interview was completed. Another lady was there with her 18yo daughter and had issues with the AOS and they gave her a paper to come back.

Mike got a yellow paper with missing documents to resubmit on 6/26. I have never heard about a yellow paper. Has anyone else? I guess I will see it when I go home in two weeks.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Bad News Guys. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

I am crying my heart and eyes out right now. Mike's interview was rescheduled for June because he did not have the second copy of the police certificate. I look and realized that I still have the extra copy. I had emailed the consulate, after Tonya posted and said Drew was asked for his, and was told that it was not necessary for him to have it if it was sent to the NVC :wacko:

Now when he got there he was turned back. They did not even do the interview and schedule a time for him to drop it off, they rescheduled the whole interview. How can they be so cruel and disheartening? :angry:

I have to talk to him when he gets home to get the full story.

Learn from my experience all who have their interviews coming up. Make sure you have the second copy of the police certificate with you. :thumbs:

Oh, Clair. I am so sorry.

Hugs........

Thanks JG.. This too shall pass. :yes:

Timeline
Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is well. It has been a while. I wanted to share that I just found out that I129 file has been approved finally. I am so excited.

Health and Wellness to all!!!

Congrats typee!!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.