themaker75

Fiancee went home without being married

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, in 2005 I was engaged and brought my fiancee and her son here on a K-1 visa. Huge mistake, but luckily I found that out before I got married. I sent them home on the first plane I could find. Since then I have met a woman much better suited for me since them. We have been long distance dating (spent 3 months with her recently) for a year now. And talking marriage in 2009.

So.... my question is how will the government view this. I called the VSC when this happened to tell them she was leaving and basically they told me they didn't care. I thought there would have been some formal declaration or show of proof that she really did leave and not just become an illegal immigrant. I'm concerned this will come back to bite me. Other than that phone call, I have no proof she left.

Thanks for your time!

Cisco

Edited by themaker75

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Read form I-129F directions, you probably will need to file a waiver of the IMBRA restrictions on multiple visa filings.

B. If you are seeking a waiver of the filing limitations imposed by IMBRA, you must attach a signed and dated request for the waiver, explaining why a waiver would be appropriate in your case, together with any evidence in support of your request.

9. Mandatory Tracking of Multiple Petitions and Dissemination of Information Pamphlet.

The International Marriage Broker Regulation Act requires USCIS to maintain a database to track repeated petitions for K visas. Upon approval of a second petition for a K-1or K-3 visa filed by the same U.S. citizen petitioner,USCIS will notify the petitioner that information concerning the petitioner has been entered into a multiple visa petition tracking database. USCIS will enter all subsequent K-1 or K-3 petitions filed by that petitioner into the database. When a subsequent petition for a K-1 or K-3 visa petition has been filed less than ten years after the date the first petition was filed, USCIS will notify both the petitioner and the beneficiary of the number of previously approved petitions listed in the database. USCIS will also send the beneficiary a pamphlet containing information on legal rights and resources for immigrant victims of domestic violence.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

You can find much about waivers in the IMBRA forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=126

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks for the info on that. Has anyone here filed multiple petitions? Any idea how long this holds up the process? Seems like a good idea on the governments part, coz I'm sure many people play games with these women, but my girlfriend is 100% in the loop about my past. If it adds say 2 months onto the process, then I'll just file 2 months earlier than I would have. What a life. If it's not one thing it's the other. And all these problems at 32! Yikes!

Thanks

Timeline
Thanks for the info on that. Has anyone here filed multiple petitions? Any idea how long this holds up the process? Seems like a good idea on the governments part, coz I'm sure many people play games with these women, but my girlfriend is 100% in the loop about my past. If it adds say 2 months onto the process, then I'll just file 2 months earlier than I would have. What a life. If it's not one thing it's the other. And all these problems at 32! Yikes!

Thanks

I'll look the Imbra forum. Didn't know what t hat was. Thanks :)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds like you got directed to the best place for you. My understanding is that if the person leaves before the I94 is expired, then it doesn't go against you. At least they left the country when they couldnt fulfill the visa terms. Hope this one works out for you.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a friend that is on his 2nd petition and had to request an IMBRA waiver, and was approved within 4 months. His fince will probably interview in April.

He filed in September or October

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dont worry so much. I brought someone to the US in 2004 from the Philippines and we got married then filed for divorce in October 2006. The divorce was final in Feb 2007. I went to the Philippines to see someone in March 2007. I have since went back in September 2007 and Feb 2008 to see her again. We filed for a fiance visa in October 2007 and just got our approval March 3 2008. Just make sure to be honest and explain everything. I would attached something to your paperwork to explain and show your honesty.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.