Loterly_Richard

has anyone here attempted suicide? admit or deny it on your medical?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i need to hear your comment badly about this new post, coz i think i have the same situation. kindly read. this was posted by a vjer name jom:

Hi everyone, :help::help::help:

I need the best advice possible for this issue.

My very good friend will have her interview first week of April, her medical on the last week of March.

Before she met her USC fiance, she was in a relationship where her ex bf would many times leave her and to stop him from leaving she actually hurt herself by using a blade. Her intention was not to commit suicide but to make the ex bf return to her. Now, she has scars on her left arm, about 12 of them, white scars from the blade, about 2 inches from the wrist line. The scars are very near each other.

I understand that during the physical exam, the doctor would actually examine the wrists to look for signs of attempted suicide. This is what worries my friend. I also am not sure what to advice her , whether to admit the act or not.

She tried covering it with make up but to no avail. She even thought of intentionally burning the area, like a cooking accident to cover the scars.

What is her best option now? If I remember right, if one will admit to this, she will be referred to a psychiatrist.

We patiently await for the members' replies . Thanks a lot.

thank you in advance

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act reads:

(a ) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(1 ) Health-related grounds.-

(A ) In general.-Any alien-

(I ) to have a physical or mental disorder and behavior associated with the disorder that may pose, or has posed, a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others, or

(II ) to have had a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder, which behavior has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of the alien or others and which behavior is likely to recur or to lead to other harmful behavior,

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

They may or may not require a waiver.

This is NOT considered to be a moral turpitude issue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude

Your font size in prior post was fine, no need for the large bold size, we are not BLIND. It just looks like you are YELLING!

SEE Duplicate: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113818

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i need to hear your comment badly about this new post, coz i think i have the same situation. kindly read. this was posted by a vjer name jom:

Hi everyone, :help::help::help:

I need the best advice possible for this issue.

My very good friend will have her interview first week of April, her medical on the last week of March.

Before she met her USC fiance, she was in a relationship where her ex bf would many times leave her and to stop him from leaving she actually hurt herself by using a blade. Her intention was not to commit suicide but to make the ex bf return to her. Now, she has scars on her left arm, about 12 of them, white scars from the blade, about 2 inches from the wrist line. The scars are very near each other.

I understand that during the physical exam, the doctor would actually examine the wrists to look for signs of attempted suicide. This is what worries my friend. I also am not sure what to advice her , whether to admit the act or not.

She tried covering it with make up but to no avail. She even thought of intentionally burning the area, like a cooking accident to cover the scars.

What is her best option now? If I remember right, if one will admit to this, she will be referred to a psychiatrist.

We patiently await for the members' replies . Thanks a lot.

thank you in advance

Yes they will probably ask about it. My wife worked in a meat shop and had some small cuts on her arm from cutting meat and they asked about that.

If she had a job at some time that could account for the scars that would be nice. ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

wow i even was not thinking about that kind of things.

I did some stupid things when i was a teenager.

And so i tried to suicide when i was 14. Its so far, I'm 37 ad what i did when i was 14 mean nothing. As i was teen.

And yes i have some scars on my arms, its really white as its old. I hope to don't have problems at the medical about that.

:blink:

Edited by MissYoko

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

I'm sure that during her medical, your friend is going to be asked about it. Please don't lie. I don't know after you've described the scars, how she'd be able to lie anyway.

I remember a few times where people on here have admitted or been asked at a medical about suicidal scars, were referred for a psychiatric referral. What this means is that your friend will have to see a psychiatrist and they will discuss the issues surrounding why your friend cut herself.

I think at the end of the day, the US wants to know how stable the applicant is, should they require medication, and basically, will they before a public charge while here. The psychiatrist will write a report, and hopefully give your friend a copy, which will probably tell the Embassy or Consulate, whether they believe she needs psychiatric intervention.

It is never okay to lie, and it's pretty extreme to think that your friend would deliberately burn herself to hide cut marks on her wrists. That in itself is REALLY concerning.

Try using the search feature here on the K1 forum for suicide, or psychiatric. I know I've seen previous threads about this.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks to all vjers who prayed for me, i'm done with my medical. i passed.. yipeeee i love u all thanks be to God. wish me luck on my april 4 interview.. goodluck to others aswell

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.