BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Is there anything I can do while waiting? what forms and documents are needed?.... very anxious about it!!...

Hope you'll get your interview soon! : )

Lucie, there's a tremendous amount you can do while you're waiting. All the forms required by the US government are basically the same - whether they are in something called an information packet, a packet 3 or 4. You can download all the forms either here or from the embassy website and complete them now. The USC can start on the Affidavit of Support and get additional support of an ongoing relationship together. There is a lot to do between now and the interview (police certificates take the longest) so it's best to get moving now......plus it takes your mind off waiting. Hope it's soon for everyone waiting.

Sunny - I really like that you got another touch......it sure underscores the "oops" theory.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hi Everybody!!

Like Cécile, I received my packet 3 today!! :dance::dance:

Things are going faster now, and I start to worry about selling some of my stuff, and I am happy about getting closer and closer from the day I will be with my sweet baby!! :D

Like everyone here, I am still having good hopes that sunnybear or shes will get their NOA2 really really soon!!! It always sucks when some of the thread are left behind! Try to keep your good energy girls!!! We cannot wait to see you doing the happy dance! (L)

Hey Pam!

Congrats for your packet 3!

me I'm still desperatly waiting for my NOA2 (145 days)...But I'd like to know what's exactly in packet 3. Is there anything I can do while waiting? what forms and documents are needed?.... very anxious about it!!...

Hope you'll get your interview soon! : )

Hello Lucie

Here is the content of packet 3 in France (I got mine the same day Pam got it):

- a document telling you what you'll need to get (birth certificate, police record, divorce decrees if needed, financial docs: I-134 and its proofs, etc)

- the DS-230 part 1 that you'll have to send back to the embassy

- the DS-2001, which is a form stating that you have gathered all that is needed and that you now want an interview

- an "intent of marry" letter that you have to fill out but not sign, it has to be brought at the interview and signed in front of them (like the DS-156 and DS-156K)

- a document telling you what forms you'll have to bring at the embassy (DS-156 that you fill out online, DS-156K that they give you in the packet 3)

- instructions on how to get a police record and how to take good US-passport sized photos

Bryan and I had started preparing everything when we got NOA2:

- I asked him to fill out the I-134 and get it notarized, to get a letter from his employer, to get his tax transcripts and scan his last paychecks

- I got a birth certificate (by the way, in the packet they say that it needs to be less than 1 year old) and my police record. I had already taken the photos.

- you can fill out the DS-230, DS-156 and DS-156K (they're available here, but I waited until they sent me packet 3

- you can start gathering proofs of your relationship, even though they don't seem to ask for anything at the US embassy in France

I hope that will help you :)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

So tempted to call CSC, must...wait...be...patient...:blink:

Has anyone seen a NOA2 take longer because of children? I am so flustered about that. We have a kid together, he's not on the birth certificate though. Since he couldn't be physically present at the time. She's with me though, so should I not wonder anymore about that subject? :whistle:

Actually No, I really haven't seen any correlation between the length of processing time and the existence of children. Your child is a US citizen and should have her own passport already. Did you register witht he American embassy when she was born to notify them that she is the daughter of a USC?

No...that didn't cross my mind...didnt know I could do that?

She was born here & she does have her passport!

Timeline

Hi Lucie!

Well, between my answer to your e-mail and Cécile's answer, I think you got all the informations you need!(by the way, Cécile's answer is so such clearer than mine! :P )

Like Cécile, I waiting to received my P3 before I filled out the DS forms through their website, but did everything else in advance.

So, yes, there is quite some things you can get started before you and your fiancé get approved!!

Again good luck!!

Sunny, I hope you get good news from CSC soon, and yes, getting touched would make me happy too!

Still hoping to see some more january filers getting approved!! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi all-

I've never posted on this thread, but since we got our NOA1 on nearly the first day of January, I guess this is where I should have been for a while! :-)

We got our NOA2 on 30 May, which seems a lot later than a lot of your January filers, but we did get an RFE, which probably added two weeks or so.

It's been so frustrating to wait so long, but at least they didn't lose anything of ours. And for some reason, we've never been able to see when our case was touched. Seeing that on other people's timelines was odd, and I still don't know how to account for it.

We're not waiting for packet 3, which, thanks to all of you guys, we have nearly completed before it even arrives. We're really, really hoping we get assigned an interview soon, as my fiance intends to come back home (here...the UK isn't home anymore) as soon as we have the letter with the date in hand. That's certainly a "tie to the home country" eh?

Anyhow, I do wish all of us poor CSC filers luck in getting through this tedious, frustrating process.

Cheers all-

Cheryl

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-02

I-129F RFE(s) : 2008-05-14

RFE Reply(s) : 2008-05-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-30

NVC Received : 2008-06-06

NVC Left : 2008-06-09

Consulate Received : 2008-06-13

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-06-21

Medical : 2008-06-27

Packet 4 Received : 2008-06-28

Interview Date : 2008-07-15 - APPROVED!!

Visa Received : 2008-07-17

US Entry : 2008-07-20

Marriage : 2008-08-02 (one year from the day we met!)

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 155 days from your filing date.

Your interview was 42 days from NOA2. [Average wait time is 82 days!]

Onward to AOS!!!!

Timeline
Hi all-

I've never posted on this thread, but since we got our NOA1 on nearly the first day of January, I guess this is where I should have been for a while! :-)

We got our NOA2 on 30 May, which seems a lot later than a lot of your January filers, but we did get an RFE, which probably added two weeks or so.

It's been so frustrating to wait so long, but at least they didn't lose anything of ours. And for some reason, we've never been able to see when our case was touched. Seeing that on other people's timelines was odd, and I still don't know how to account for it.

We're not waiting for packet 3, which, thanks to all of you guys, we have nearly completed before it even arrives. We're really, really hoping we get assigned an interview soon, as my fiance intends to come back home (here...the UK isn't home anymore) as soon as we have the letter with the date in hand. That's certainly a "tie to the home country" eh?

Anyhow, I do wish all of us poor CSC filers luck in getting through this tedious, frustrating process.

Cheers all-

Cheryl

Welcome Cheryl and looks like you actually had a decently fast process! Especially with the RFE as well! I am one of the unlucky ones here waiting and waiting for the day our NOA2 arrives.....let us know when your man gets his interview date! Or is it you awaiting the date?

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Happy Sunday friends,

Just wanted to share a quick update from my neighborhood... The embassy got our paperwork last week, Greivin picked up Packet Three on Friday, his Medical will be on Wednesday, I am flying to Costa Rica one week from tonight, and our Interview has already been set... Wednesday, June 25th at noon!

Our interview will be 28 days after the NOA2. A lot of luck, a lot of phone calls, and a whole lot of reading VJ guides allowed us to fly through the last few stages. We have plane tickets already purchased for the two of us to fly home to Seattle together on July 5th (knock on wood) assuming everything goes well in the next two weeks. I am certainly no expert in any of this, but would be happy to share any details if anyone would find it helpful.

Sunny, I have been checking your profile everyday. I think the touches are a great sign. I am absolutely thinking about you everyday, and as far as I'm concerned, you're not the one that got left behind... just the case that deserved a little extra love and attention. Your positive outlook is always so refreshing and I wish you many more happy days and peaceful nights as we await the final news on the NOA2. Wait, maybe I should take that back... you won't need "many" days, cause it's right around the corner, I just know it. :thumbs:

Once again, here's to another exciting week of visa activities. I hope everyone is finding moments of peace amidst the whirlwind of stress and anxiety that is this process. Every day that goes by is a day closer to the reunion that will last forever. Let's have a great week.

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hi Lucie!

Well, between my answer to your e-mail and Cécile's answer, I think you got all the informations you need!(by the way, Cécile's answer is so such clearer than mine! :P )

Like Cécile, I waiting to received my P3 before I filled out the DS forms through their website, but did everything else in advance.

So, yes, there is quite some things you can get started before you and your fiancé get approved!!

Again good luck!!

Sunny, I hope you get good news from CSC soon, and yes, getting touched would make me happy too!

Still hoping to see some more january filers getting approved!! :star:

Thank you very very much Blake, Cécile & Pam!!! you all really helped me.it is so much clear now! :)

I still have a question though, hehe! what is the difference between I 864 and I 134? On the website of the Am.embassy in France it says that packet 3 contains I 864, but it looks the same as I 134 ....

Thank you!

Timeline
Thank you very very much Blake, Cécile & Pam!!! you all really helped me.it is so much clear now! :)

I still have a question though, hehe! what is the difference between I 864 and I 134? On the website of the Am.embassy in France it says that packet 3 contains I 864, but it looks the same as I 134 ....

Thank you!

I-864 is what is needed for AOS after the marriage, I-134 is what is needed for the K1 visa. It is written I-864 on the website embassy because it was previously used for K1 too. In packet 3, the paragraph about "financial information" contains a reference to the I-864, but they crossed it out and wrote I-134 on top of it. So, the form you need is the I-134. :)

(it sounds like I know everything :P but that's not true: actually I was afraid we didn't fill out the right form, so it was a relief when I read what was written on packet 3)

Hi all-

Cheers all-

Cheryl

Welcome Cheryl and looks like you actually had a decently fast process! Especially with the RFE as well! I am one of the unlucky ones here waiting and waiting for the day our NOA2 arrives.....let us know when your man gets his interview date! Or is it you awaiting the date?

Welcome here Cheryl!

Hello Sunny! let's all hope that this week is yours :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Welcome to Cheryl!

Courtney - hurrah for your interview! I guess we had better start an official interview list soon!

boohbah - Registering your child's birth at US embassy. Your child (congratulations, by the way!) should (provided your fiancé meet the criteria) be eligible for US citizenship, and should also be able to hold a US passport, thus there is no need for your child to go through immigration. :)

Good Monday morning, all - I hope that this week brings many more approvals. :) I just had my last vaccinations. The HPV not only took all of my remaining money for this month but also stung and caused a little bleeding! :crying: Typical! The TDaP and MMR were completely painless, by the way - couldn't even feel them going in.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

Hey Rachel good to hear you done with the jabs! Was that all you had to get then or did you get others as well? Have you got your interview date set yet?! How exciting!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

No interview date yet - I can't send back Packet 3 just yet. :( Still waiting on my police certificate and on Alex's dad's affidavit of support (the bank letter, specifically).

I only had to have the MMR (had that a fortnight ago), the TDaP and HPV, so I'm all done now. :) The HPV is actually a six month course of three injections, but I will only have time to get two before I move. AOS only requires you to have had the first one, but I may as well have all I can.

Nearly there now, though! My next big worry is how to move all of my possessions - how did Gareth move his? Or didn't he have that many?

Also: :dance: :dance: :dance: Some cheerleaders for a NoA2 for you!

EDIT: The super-lovely nurse who gave me my vaccinations said she'd have the record ready to collect at reception by the end of the week. So I'll take that to the London medical to wave in their face to prove I don't require any more injections.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the delay Sunny,

Am pulling for you guys here........have been busy this week with work but we have Maria's interview set for July 9 and Medical will be about a week before that.......

Good luck to everyone with the NOA-2 that are still waiting for it!

Eric

01/09/2008 - mailed I-129F to CSC via Fedex

01/10/2008 - received @ CSC

01/11/2008 - NOA1 was issued

01/14/2008 - check cashed

01/23/2008 - NOA1 hardcopy received

05/07/2008 - RFE

05/14/2008 - RFE mailed back to CSC

05/29/2008 - NOA2

06/15/2008 - Interview date set 07/09/2009

07/04/2008 - Medical Passed!

07/09/2008 - Visa Aprroved!!!!!!!!

09/18/2008 - She is here with me again in the USA!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi steven! my fiance also put "manila" on that question on the application form... i am currently living in "metro manila" as well and never leave anywhere else..

im just curious why it went to the HK embassy. u mean the NVC will sent it to the nearest embassy on your beneficiary's address??

Yes, that is what they do...send it to the embassy nearrest the beneficory's curent (as of when you filed for visa or last filed change) address. I tried to notify the NVC of her anticipated address change but they were to quick for me and had already sent it to Hong Kong USE before they processed my address change request.

Happy%20in%20HK.JPG

And you wonder why I am in love....!! God's AWESOME gift!!

Timeline

Small update about our life (nothing to do with the immigration process): Bryan moved in our new apartment yesterday. He took today off to finish unpacking everything :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.