Samanthajayne

Does anyone know of a good US immigration lawyer in London??

8 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!

Please help me out if you can??

I have a few questions!

1) My husband is a US citizen, and he has a criminal record..kind of major..will this effect my petition in any way?

2) I got refused entry to the usa, basically because i didnt know i needed to apply for a spouse visa before going to usa. I know very stupid. Anyway i was honest to the officer, and he said it shouldnt be a problem, at the interview, is this correct?

3) I commited a crime of moral turpitude 4 years ago. I was 17, at the time, and I was not arrested. However It was on my record. I got a UK police officer to confirm i wasnt arrested, and the fact it was a low value item, etc. Do you think I will need a lawyer? or will i qualify under petty offence law?

Finally does anyone know of a good lawyer here in the uk, who can help me with this situation. I dont have alot of money, but i will find it. So please help me...sooo stressed with this nvc #######.

Just been told case complete, so i guess its a matter of waiting another 6 weeks, before i hear fom the uk embassy :unsure:

Samantha And Julian Rodriguez

Forget the lawyer in the UK, it will cost you a bucket of dosh as they charge £350+ an hour plus VAT at 17.5%.

Just follow the guides here on this site and be truthful when asked questions, do not submit any info unless asked for.

Good luck with your journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Forget the lawyer in the UK, it will cost you a bucket of dosh as they charge £350+ an hour plus VAT at 17.5%.

Just follow the guides here on this site and be truthful when asked questions, do not submit any info unless asked for.

Good luck with your journey.

It depends on what his charges are whether or not they will look the other way.

Just read things and work your way through the site. There is a lot of helpful information that will get you through the process.

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

Hey Everyone!

Please help me out if you can??

I have a few questions!

1) My husband is a US citizen, and he has a criminal record..kind of major..will this effect my petition in any way?

If it were to affect the petition, it would have hapenned before your petition was approved, here at the USCIS level....I think.

2) I got refused entry to the usa, basically because i didnt know i needed to apply for a spouse visa before going to usa. I know very stupid. Anyway i was honest to the officer, and he said it shouldnt be a problem, at the interview, is this correct?

It should not be a problem, just make sure that you declare the refusal if asked about it...do not try to hide it.

3) I commited a crime of moral turpitude 4 years ago. I was 17, at the time, and I was not arrested. However It was on my record. I got a UK police officer to confirm i wasnt arrested, and the fact it was a low value item, etc. Do you think I will need a lawyer? or will i qualify under petty offence law?

If you were not arrested, what exactly is on your record....or how can a crime be on your police record if you were not arrested...were you convicted for said crime of moral turpitude? Did you plead out? I'm not sure how this works...but someone more knowledgable may come along and be able to answe this question properly. Perhaps you may want to peruse the INA (Immigration and Nationality act) I think its on the DOS website somewhere, if not you can google it. It will tell you exactly what deems a person inadmissable as an immigrant under US law.

Finally does anyone know of a good lawyer here in the uk, who can help me with this situation. I dont have alot of money, but i will find it. So please help me...sooo stressed with this nvc #######.

This I definitely don't know the answer to...but I can tell you, a UK attorney may not be of much help....it is US immigration you're talking about, you need a lawyer licensed to practice US law w/ a focus on immigration. Unless there are UK lawyers licensed to practice US law, they will not be of much help to you.

Just been told case complete, so i guess its a matter of waiting another 6 weeks, before i hear fom the uk embassy :unsure:

Good luck

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3) I commited a crime of moral turpitude 4 years ago. I was 17, at the time, and I was not arrested. However It was on my record.

In that case was it dealt with by you being summons to appear before a court. If that was the case and you say it is on your record it is no different than being arrested and taken to court.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

3) I commited a crime of moral turpitude 4 years ago. I was 17, at the time, and I was not arrested. However It was on my record.

In that case was it dealt with by you being summons to appear before a court. If that was the case and you say it is on your record it is no different than being arrested and taken to court.

No, I was never summoned, nor did I go to court. The police officer said I was de arresred, and it doesnt count as an arrest?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

No, I was never summoned, nor did I go to court. The police officer said I was de arresred, and it doesnt count as an arrest?

Ok if you were de-arrested, then there is no record of that on a criminal record file. A de-arrested is normally done in the street.

If you were never arrested and never went to Court there should be nothing on your record (criminal record file) for that offence.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

But there is a record of it, and I submitted it to NVC, with the letter from the officer stating the details. I am so worried, because I know all the rules..and what it falls down to, is that weather I was arrested or not. I commited the crime. I think thats what the US will screw me over with. The fact that yes I was under 18, however its only been 4 years to date. I mean there must have been someone on this site, who have been arrested before or during this visa prosess? Im thinking maybe I need a lawyer now. I did it right up till now, and my case is complete at the nvc. So Im guessing I need legal help. to get me out of this using some legal loop holes or something. I am so tired, Ive been doing this for over a year now. Its unacceptable, we all have to go through this. My husband is flying from texas, to london this weekend, and everytime I say goodbye, I worry if he will have problems with immigration, or when I will see him next? Im also worried as when asked at the embassy about my husbands long ### criminal record, we will be judged on that too. I am just so tired of this #######.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.