maritimer

Visting during VisaProcess for Dual Citizens

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All, I have dual citizenship, I have a canadian passport and a british passport. I mostly travel on my Canadian passport as it seems to be less hassle at the pre-clearance customs. My question is.... While I am in the K1 process and I travel back and fourth to visit my fiance, if I use my british passport will they still know that I am applying for a visa. Its no big deal to me as I have enough evidence to show my ties to Canada, lease agreements, letter from my employer etc and I know the border agents at the airport from flying back and fourth every 2 weeks, but I was curious if it would show up on their system.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd use your Canadian passport, since you are not going to the US through a connecting flight from the UK, and it's good evidence to have all those lovely passport stamps. ;) But this is just my opinion.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
I'd use your Canadian passport, since you are not going to the US through a connecting flight from the UK, and it's good evidence to have all those lovely passport stamps. ;) But this is just my opinion.

thanks, Cassie, I am from Nova Scotia too. My US home is gonna be boston.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Canadian passport all the way......

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks, Cassie, I am from Nova Scotia too. My US home is gonna be boston.

yep, born in Cape Breton, raised on the South Shore, VERY familiar with your stomping grounds of Halifax. :)

Boston is a neat city, enjoyed visiting it very much. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

During my Spring Break in March were heading up to Newport RI, maybe drive up to Boston for the day. Only been to the Airport! Would be cool to catch a Bruins game!! They do play the Leafs on Thursday march6 and the Caps on Saturday!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
During my Spring Break in March were heading up to Newport RI, maybe drive up to Boston for the day. Only been to the Airport! Would be cool to catch a Bruins game!! They do play the Leafs on Thursday march6 and the Caps on Saturday!

I am going to a bruins game next saturday in boston, they play Washington I think. Yeah my first Bruins

Filed: Other Timeline

If you used your British passport you'd be subject to the Visa Waiver Programme and not the Canadian visitor status. You'd have to fill in the I-94 (W is it?) when you entered the US, and then you'd have to tell them at the visa interview why you have two passports and why you used the British one rather than the Canadian one. This could trip them up some and confuse them. Or they may recognize you at the POE and say "hey aren't you Canadian?" and then haul you in for interrogation and all sorts of nasty cavity searches :o

;)

Better to use the Canuck one, less hassle. And less chance for them to accuse you of trying to defraud the system.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am going to a bruins game next saturday in boston, they play Washington I think. Yeah my first Bruins

ya the caps are in town on March 8th at 1 pm!! I was thinking of trying to go, as we wil lbe in Newport RI, BUT we will have our dog with us!! cant really leave her by herself in RI all day,lol oh well

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.