anushkam

Expired I-194 while on AOS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI ,

This is connection to my last post : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112385 i wd like to ask one small stupid question.I know all must be knowing this . While we aply for AOS for my man his I-94 wd be expiring on the process of the AOS .NOw with the expired I-94 how does he stay legally in USA ?? Ca someone throw some light on this ................... Thanks !!

Once the I 94 has expired, your status is derived on your pending AOS application. Technically, his status would be a "Period of Stay authorized by the Attorney General".

SA4userbar.jpg

His status is then....pending adjustment of status. He's here "legally"! I carried around a copy of my NOA1 after I got it just in case anyone had asked to see proof that I had applied once my I-94 had expired. Was not an issue however.

Best of luck for a speedy AOS!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FAQ: 6.1)...How soon after we get married should we apply for Adjustment of Status?

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html#6.1

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline
FAQ: 6.1)...How soon after we get married should we apply for Adjustment of Status?

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html#6.1

Great 90 days is fine .We are adjusting from B1/B2 with an AOS. So as suggested he shd carry a copy of his NOA 1 with his expired I-94 ?? Does it come by post or email ??

Or is the return receipt that has to be carried ........( as it is wriiten in the guide "No matter where you file your application, send it "return receipt". Once they receive the application(s) you will be sent an offical receipt. For the 99% of people who filed at the national address per the current filing requirements you will receive an official looking receipt for all your forms that you filed. KEEP THESE FORMS as they are your only proof of having filed and you will need them later. " ) How to send a return receipt ????

Edited by anushkam

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All official communication from the USCIS is in the form of post mail. The return receipt only documents that you submitted a package to a PO box... It is not proof of what the submitted package was for...

The Post Office can guide you on the return receipt process...

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.