The Robinsons

Lawsuit against USCIS

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I just found the article Immigrants sue to speed citizenship applications and was not surprised but still annoyed by the over 500 (mostly ignorant) reader comments that followed the story...I guess it's a sad commentary on the USA Today readership....or maybe the popular in general (?).

The citizens of the US are as dumb as dirt.

Most, not all (I wonder how many of the 'intelligent U.S. citizens know for a fact that the mess in the Middle East is entirely our fault and it started in 1953).

Another case in point: the paranoia since 9-11 and the fact that we have allowed our government to usurp so many freedoms in the name of 'security' and 'protecting the people.' Illegal wiretaps, detention in secret facilities with no charges and no right of habeas corpus. Invasions of sovereign countries to plunder resources.

One of the pleasures now of travelling overseas is the fact that I don't get treated like a criminal automatically in every foreign country I visit. No customs forms, no random harassment of my self or my belongings, I can carry lighters, large bottles of drinks, etc. on planes, etc. and no bullshit accusations of 'Why were you over there, Mr J?'

For God's sakes it was an hour of grilling, etc. just to bring my freaking stepdaughter through immigration at the POE last week into the U.S. What kind of threat does a little girl pose to the United States?

I was greatly ashamed and embarassed for her.

Very well said my friend ,I agree with you 100%

Filed: Other Timeline
Well, I am a US citizen so I guess I fit the description.

USC or not, being a member of a group doesn't necessarily justify demonizing the same group to which you belong.

If you're so pissed about being an American, feel free to endorse me and transfer your citizenship to me as well :thumbs: . OR you can renounce it altogether if you want. Trust me, I know the steps and I'd me more than happy to walk you thru it. So, when do you want to get the process started? :devil::devil:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I just read the comments to the U.S.A. Today article and I'm not gonna say anything but wow. I wonder what the people we see and talk to every day really say behind closed doors.

Dec 19, 2006 - Married at the city hall in Denmark

Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back

Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th

Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam

Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received

Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport

Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address

May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN

May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I just read the comments to the U.S.A. Today article and I'm not gonna say anything but wow. I wonder what the people we see and talk to every day really say behind closed doors.

And the replies to this article just reinforce in my mind why I won't be staying long in the US. I am not really wanted here.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I had the same feelings. Richard says he gets that "you're a foreigner ...go back where you came from" vibe every so often, and I always tell him it's his imagination...now I wonder sigh.gif.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Tom has never gotten that vibe or feeling. That is weird. People mostly love that he's from Scotland and love his accent. He loves it here. I'm sorry not everyone has the same experience as him.

I see it with some other nationalities though, unfortunately.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Tom has never gotten that vibe or feeling. That is weird. People mostly love that he's from Scotland and love his accent. He loves it here. I'm sorry not everyone has the same experience as him.

Don't get me wrong most people adore Richard..same thing they all love the accent and adore the English wit/charm (which he has plenty of :lol: ).. but he says every so often he'll be in a meeting or someplace and he'll encounter a redneckish type that he gets the vibe from. Richard also loves it here. He intends to go for his Citizenship next year and it has nothing to do with Green Card/USCIS hassle etc., especially all he does is sign the forms...he is quite oblivous to all this angst (it's left to me) :whistle:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

especially all he does is sign the forms...he is quite oblivous to all this angst (it's left to me) :whistle:

Same here. I'm the organized freak though. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
I just found the article Immigrants sue to speed citizenship applications and was not surprised but still annoyed by the over 500 (mostly ignorant) reader comments that followed the story...I guess it's a sad commentary on the USA Today readership....or maybe the popular in general (?).

It's not nice to generalize,parcero.I do not consider myself dumb as dirt.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline
Hi everyone,

I'm just curious to know if anyone else read the USA TODAY article on people sueing USCIS because of the long delay for citizenship? I can't say I blame them.

Does anyone know of people sueing for the long delays to get conditions removed? And have anyone had any luck getting their senators involved?

Thanks

I've seen that folks (here) have contacted their Senators but it does not appear that it is much help, which surprises me. As someone who was in a position working for Fed, that dealt with Senator's & Congressman's offices, I know those issues ALWAYS got results.

My congressman actually did help me get my approval.

The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

Most, not all (I wonder how many of the 'intelligent U.S. citizens know for a fact that the mess in the Middle East is entirely our fault and it started in 1953).

Another case in point: the paranoia since 9-11 and the fact that we have allowed our government to usurp so many freedoms in the name of 'security' and 'protecting the people.' Illegal wiretaps, detention in secret facilities with no charges and no right of habeas corpus. Invasions of sovereign countries to plunder resources.

One of the pleasures now of travelling overseas is the fact that I don't get treated like a criminal automatically in every foreign country I visit. No customs forms, no random harassment of my self or my belongings, I can carry lighters, large bottles of drinks, etc. on planes, etc. and no bullshit accusations of 'Why were you over there, Mr J?'

For God's sakes it was an hour of grilling, etc. just to bring my freaking stepdaughter through immigration at the POE last week into the U.S. What kind of threat does a little girl pose to the United States?

I was greatly ashamed and embarassed for her.

Very well said my friend ,I agree with you 100%

I,also agree with you wholeheartedly.When I came back from Panama in 2004,I got questioned by the Border Patrol.Maybe I looked funny,I don't know.

January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

I had the same feelings. Richard says he gets that "you're a foreigner ...go back where you came from" vibe every so often, and I always tell him it's his imagination...now I wonder sigh.gif.

No. It's not a figment of his imagination.Having grown up with people from all over the world,I have seen xenophobia first hand.There are just some American people that cannot accept different cultures.

January 12,2011-RFE

Strangely enough, I'm an American History teacher, and my current unit is on....IMMIGRATION!!! I'm trying desperately to open my students' eyes!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline
I beg to differ with you. I am a US Citizen and I am very intelligent. Generalized judgments such as this will only serve to show one's own immaturity.

I assume you are here because you are engaged/married to a US Citizen?

I am a US citizen and believe me, I know all too well what idiots my countrymen are. How else would you explain the USCIS? A long time ago it was H.L. Mencken who said, ""No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

How dumb are US citizens? How many times have you heard the "she is only coming for a green card statement"? Last week I actually had someone say to me, "I have never talked to someone who is going to be "boinking" a girl from Uzbekistan". I was and am speechless. If anyone comes away from the K1 or whatever visa operation without a very jaded view of the american public--you are either extremely lucky or blind.

US citizens would prefer that someone else do our thinking for us so we can just spew vitriole back out. That is what I read at the US Today article--no thinking, just spewing. Great.....

Hey, according to standardized testing, we're barely ahead of Mexico.

Sorry, I'm an American. Born & raised. Most of the time, I'm severely embarrassed at the ignorance of Americans. Sorry, but it's simple truth that most Americans are "blue pill" kinda folks. In this country we keep telling ourselves that we're the best (China does the same thing, which doesn't make it any more true), but most people just run through their whole lives on autopilot & never open their minds at all. If the fact that they can go through their life not using their brain makes them happy, so be it.

Most people I've met assume that there's something wrong with me because I married someone from another country. How stupid.

The comments on the McPaper (oops, I mean USA Today) website are just further proof to how ignorant, in general, Americans are.

Timeline
Strangely enough, I'm an American History teacher, and my current unit is on....IMMIGRATION!!! I'm trying desperately to open my students' eyes!!!

Good luck on that.

Good luck on that.

January 12,2011-RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.