Vikki_Phil

I need information soon

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:(:help::crying::clock: Our 129f has been approved and we are waiting for notice from Manila now. I was talking with my fiance this morning and she confessed to me that she had been married over 10 years ago. She was only with him for 5 months. She had never told me before. That is not my problem. She loves me enough to tell me now. I love her and forgive her for not telling me. My problem is that the G-325a is wrong now because she did not list any former husband. of course she does not have a former husband because it was never anulled. The second problem is she also has 2 birth certificates. I dont think I can explain this completly but will try to explain. She says that when she was born an aunt told the midwife to give her her name. Well this is where I get confused. She has a birth certificate with a different name that she has used since she was in her 20's(she is 43 now). She has a passport and other papers in this second name. The original BC is not listed in her registrar but she thinks it is in Manila. She used the original BC from time of birth to get married. We havent checked yet to see if it ever got registered, but she thinks it was in Manila. Can she still get an anullment and us use the same papers? Should i try to use info pass to try and change the info? Will we have to re file? can we put a hold on the embassy? Will this block her from ever entering the US because the paper work is wrong even if we try to correct it? I love her so much and I know she loves me. Her past is exactly that, the past. We are wanting to go forward with our future. My heart is absolutly breaking over this. I am even considering moving to the phils to be with her, but My mother is getting up in years and I have a 26 year old daughter with a 3 year old grandson. I am so torn trying to figure out what to do. PLease please give any info you can.

Does the information on the G-325a match the first or second birth certificate?

Be advised that getting a new name, birth cert, and passport is sometimes used by women in the Philippines to avoid having to getting an annulment.

I forgot to tell you the name match's the second BC. That is the one she has gone by for a long time now

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I think I'm following all your pronouns but please stop referring to "it" and say what "it" is.

I take it you are not certain there was ever a legal marriage registered with the PI authorities. Yes, you need to find this out first. If the marriage was never registered then she isn't legally married and your problem is solved.

If she was married and not annulled, then you are dead in the water on your current visa process. She's married and does not qualify as anybody's fiancee. You, the USC need to simply withdraw your petition for a fiance visa. You need not give any explanation and I would advise not saying anything more than perhaps you will pursue immigration later.

Also, if she's married, you don't have a fiancee. You have married girlfriend.

To be together, she'll need to get the marriage annulled and then you can make your future plans from there. Marriage in the PI and a CR1 visa would probably be a safer bet for you at that time due to IMBRA issues as well as this bungled attempt.

Well said my Friend. :thumbs:

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This will be caught when you go to interview. Its why they now do the document verification. Women there will get a new name, birth certificate and passport to circumvent having to get an anullment. It is widespread enough they now verify every document to make sure its not forged and its really registered with the NSO. They will check her and if they find she is fraudulent they can deny her and put a flag that she is trying to get a visa fraudulently. That carries a ban with it. Be very careful here.

Your I-129 F is not valid and you cant put it on hold.You both were not free to marry when you filed so its not any good period. You will have to start it again after her anullment. Secondly the G-325A has information on it that is fraudulent now since she was not truthful on hers. You send in the I 129F under penalty of perjury that the information is true and correct. They will not take this omission lightly or that she has 2 birth certificates and has a prior marriage.

Thirdly why did she wait all this time to tell you when clearly this needed to be dealt with before you filed. That would be a MAJOR red flag on her.

You have a mess on your hands and its not going to clean up easily. My advice is to cancel the K1 before its process in manila and verified. Get her anullment and then reapply, possible with a K3 since you will have IMBRA to deal with filing 2 petitions within 2 years.

What you have here is serious and you need to stop the K1 before it gets worse.

Get her anullment, then reapply.

Anullments there cost and take time. Good luck...

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
This will be caught when you go to interview. Its why they now do the document verification. Women there will get a new name, birth certificate and passport to circumvent having to get an anullment. It is widespread enough they now verify every document to make sure its not forged and its really registered with the NSO. They will check her and if they find she is fraudulent they can deny her and put a flag that she is trying to get a visa fraudulently. That carries a ban with it. Be very careful here.

Your I-129 F is not valid and you cant put it on hold.You both were not free to marry when you filed so its not any good period. You will have to start it again after her anullment. Secondly the G-325A has information on it that is fraudulent now since she was not truthful on hers. You send in the I 129F under penalty of perjury that the information is true and correct. They will not take this omission lightly or that she has 2 birth certificates and has a prior marriage.

Thirdly why did she wait all this time to tell you when clearly this needed to be dealt with before you filed. That would be a MAJOR red flag on her.

You have a mess on your hands and its not going to clean up easily. My advice is to cancel the K1 before its process in manila and verified. Get her anullment and then reapply, possible with a K3 since you will have IMBRA to deal with filing 2 petitions within 2 years.

Thanks for the info. It does look like I will have to stop the K-1. Such a heart breaker to think we are so close and to have to start at square one. But I am not giving up on her.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the info. It does look like I will have to stop the K-1. Such a heart breaker to think we are so close and to have to start at square one. But I am not giving up on her.

Find out first whether she's actually legally married.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Find out first whether she's actually legally married.

Thank you That will definatly be first thing on our agenda.

Timeline

I want to say thanks to everyone for your response's. PLease keep us in your prayers for Gods favor in this matter. I saw my Vikki's face this morning as she told me the situation. I know that her heart is broken and she is beating herself up for not telling me sooner. I have been in siuations where I should have spoken sooner in a situation and once you let it go it gets harder to say anything. I am proud of her for getting the strength to tell me at all. Some may think i am niave. I say I am in love and blessed to have her in my life. Thanks again to everyone. God Bless you all in your journey's

Timeline

Apparently if they get the docs with new name through NSO they will verify. I personally know of one such case. Maybe they just need to find the right people to bribe at the NSO? :o

the consulate in Manila will know if she's married due to "document verification" and for that she'll be more likely be denied on her interview.

Annulment process takes 6 months or more. Some paid over 50,000-200,000 pesos and took 2 years. I hope she can get a good lawyer once she started this process.

you can get infos here about the annulment in the Phil. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111491[/b]

Pls read the link given by lirachadsbaby so you would at least have idea how much annulment cost in the philippines and how long the process will be.

I was talking with a person earlier today that used to work for the Philippines national government and she was saying it may not have gotten registered we will be checking this out. She says if it is not registered to go about the process as normal. I appreciate your posts. I need all the help I can get. I am thankful I have my God for help. And the ones he has respond with good info.

I also had a wedding 8years ago which was never registered (THANK GOD! we lived as common law partners for a couple of years, forced to have a wedding because of the coming of second baby but separated a month after the wedding.. been separated for 8years now) And I was told by the court I don't even need to get nullity of marriage since it was never registered in the first place. Same response I got from our local registrar here and I got CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from NSO (National Statistics Office) already as proof that I don't appear in their marriage indices.

Whether her marriage was registered or not is easy to verify. Just have her go to the nearest NSO and apply for CENOMAR so she could immediately check if she have record of being married or not and of course she will still need the CENOMAR for her interview(in Davao, CENOMAR is released a day after application, unlike before where applicants will have to wait 3weeks to get it... i just don't know in other areas). Also, have her try to get NSO copies of her two birth certificates to check and verify if the first birth certificate was not really registered as what she said. (In Davao, certified birth certificates are released after a few hours depending on the volume of application for the day, again I don't know how long it will take in other areas but usually she could get it the same day). Maybe it is best for her to try applying CENOMAR under the 2 different names on her 2 birth certificate just to be sure.

It doesn't matter if her original birth certificate is in manila or if she got married in manila and then lives in other part of the Philippines. Copies of all our birth certificates, marriage certificate, death certificates here in the Philippines are endorsed to the NSO by local registrars so basically, we have a central database here. NSO is where US embassy will go for "document verification" of our birth certificates & whatever NSO documents.

If it turns out she is listed in the Philippine marriage indices under one of those two names (be it the original or the one she used for her passports & etc.)... the next best thing to do would be to consult a good lawyer... but even then, she would still need to sort out the confusion of her two birth certificates... especially if she used the original birth certificate in all her records from birth to 20years.

I hope you guys will be able to sort this out soonest. I wish you all the luck.

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline
the consulate in Manila will know if she's married due to "document verification" and for that she'll be more likely be denied on her interview.

Annulment process takes 6 months or more. Some paid over 50,000-200,000 pesos and took 2 years. I hope she can get a good lawyer once she started this process.

you can get infos here about the annulment in the Phil. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=111491[/b]

Pls read the link given by lirachadsbaby so you would at least have idea how much annulment cost in the philippines and how long the process will be.

I was talking with a person earlier today that used to work for the Philippines national government and she was saying it may not have gotten registered we will be checking this out. She says if it is not registered to go about the process as normal. I appreciate your posts. I need all the help I can get. I am thankful I have my God for help. And the ones he has respond with good info.

I also had a wedding 8years ago which was never registered (THANK GOD! we lived as common law partners for a couple of years, forced to have a wedding because of the coming of second baby but separated a month after the wedding.. been separated for 8years now) And I was told by the court I don't even need to get nullity of marriage since it was never registered in the first place. Same response I got from our local registrar here and I got CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from NSO (National Statistics Office) already as proof that I don't appear in their marriage indices.

Whether her marriage was registered or not is easy to verify. Just have her go to the nearest NSO and apply for CENOMAR so she could immediately check if she have record of being married or not and of course she will still need the CENOMAR for her interview(in Davao, CENOMAR is released a day after application, unlike before where applicants will have to wait 3weeks to get it... i just don't know in other areas). Also, have her try to get NSO copies of her two birth certificates to check and verify if the first birth certificate was not really registered as what she said. (In Davao, certified birth certificates are released after a few hours depending on the volume of application for the day, again I don't know how long it will take in other areas but usually she could get it the same day). Maybe it is best for her to try applying CENOMAR under the 2 different names on her 2 birth certificate just to be sure.

It doesn't matter if her original birth certificate is in manila or if she got married in manila and then lives in other part of the Philippines. Copies of all our birth certificates, marriage certificate, death certificates here in the Philippines are endorsed to the NSO by local registrars so basically, we have a central database here. NSO is where US embassy will go for "document verification" of our birth certificates & whatever NSO documents.

If it turns out she is listed in the Philippine marriage indices under one of those two names (be it the original or the one she used for her passports & etc.)... the next best thing to do would be to consult a good lawyer... but even then, she would still need to sort out the confusion of her two birth certificates... especially if she used the original birth certificate in all her records from birth to 20years.

I hope you guys will be able to sort this out soonest. I wish you all the luck.

Thank you very much for the Response. Lots of good information here. Vikki Texted me this morning to say she had gone to check on cenomar but had to get more info on THE OTHER GUY . LOL She said his name is listed as single. I am praying that this is a good sign for us.

Timeline

I think I am getting a better understanding now of the 2 birth cert's. Vikki has gone by the name on the the second Birth Cert. pretty much since birth. She nor her parents never saw the first BC until way later in Viki's life when she needed a copy for a passport. The name used on original BC was given from an aunt. Since her father did not know any different he gave her the name She has been using since she was born. When she got married in 1997 they said she had to use BC name. that marraige lasted 5 months and he walked out on her. she has not seen him since. In 2003 Vikki went to regitrars office to see about another passport. They told her they could not find where the BC with her original name was on file. Vikki asked if she could go ahead a register the name she had gone by since birth. The office said yes so that is how she ended up with late registration and 2 BC's. I asked Vikki to try and get a cert of no marraige on both names. She has one for the name she has used all her life. She is attempting to get one for the name on the first BC. She went to the voters registration to get the man she married mother maiden name. She also found the mans name listed as single. We are now waiting to see if she can get cenomar If so we are going to be OK. Praying that marraige was never register with NSO. Whew what a mess. Please keep us in your prayers that God will show favor to us in this situation.

I think I am getting a better understanding now of the 2 birth cert's. Vikki has gone by the name on the the second Birth Cert. pretty much since birth. She nor her parents never saw the first BC until way later in Viki's life when she needed a copy for a passport. The name used on original BC was given from an aunt. Since her father did not know any different he gave her the name She has been using since she was born. When she got married in 1997 they said she had to use BC name. that marraige lasted 5 months and he walked out on her. she has not seen him since. In 2003 Vikki went to regitrars office to see about another passport. They told her they could not find where the BC with her original name was on file. Vikki asked if she could go ahead a register the name she had gone by since birth. The office said yes so that is how she ended up with late registration and 2 BC's. I asked Vikki to try and get a cert of no marraige on both names. She has one for the name she has used all her life. She is attempting to get one for the name on the first BC. She went to the voters registration to get the man she married mother maiden name. She also found the mans name listed as single. We are now waiting to see if she can get cenomar If so we are going to be OK. Praying that marraige was never register with NSO. Whew what a mess. Please keep us in your prayers that God will show favor to us in this situation.

What is really important is HER own cenomar... the ex husband could have gotten married since then so his marital status wont really be of help.... If she has not heard nor seen the guy since 1997 that would really be a very very good thing for you both.... i think absence of 5 or 7 years without ANY CONTACT could be a good ground for annulment under presumptive death (pls click HERE for added info) if there was a valid marriage to begin with.

i'll be keeping you both in my prayers. God speed.

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,i gathered from your post that she admitted that she got married in 1997,so she knew by heart that she's still married and is not capable of applying for a k-1 visa,did you ask her if she signed for a marriage certificate when they got married and if she keeps a copy of it?if she's seen a copy and knew that it has been registered,there's no use of getting a CENOMAR coz it will just show her record that she's been married and still very much married.Now if she'd never gotten any copy nor have seen their MC she should apply for a CENOMAR or at least get a copy of their MC,she should first try getting a copy from their local civil registrar where they got married,because sometimes,local civil registry didnt get a chance to forward it to NSO the reason why they have no copy.

You may want to cancel first your K-1 application and sort this out first to avoid delays or even a possible denial for not telling the truth.

About her BC, if the US embassy will verify it,and if there were 2 different names listed on different BCs, it's possible that they will get both copies if the names of parents and her birth date are identical.

I wish you goodluck and may you be able to find a solution to your problem.

09/25/2005 - Date when I filed for Declaration for Nullity of Marriage (Manila RTC)

01/04/2007 - Met my Fiance on MySpace.com

05/04-12/2007 - First visit

07/16/2007 - Pre - Trial hearing

10/05/2007 - First hearing

01/11/2008 - Decision granted

02/13/2008 - Court released the finality

02/22/2008 - Sent my fiance all the docs needed to file for a K-1

03/12/2008 - Received the docs that i sent him

03/13/2008 - I129F sent to CSC

03/14/2008 - I129F delivered at CSC signed for by E.Galindo at 11:10AM

03/20/2008 - Check cashed

03/21/2008 - NOA1 received thru mail

3LITRNoT3D_3tsZokYfsalAky26jxC9h.jpg

4389.gif

4407.gif

Hi,i gathered from your post that she admitted that she got married in 1997,so she knew by heart that she's still married and is not capable of applying for a k-1 visa,did you ask her if she signed for a marriage certificate when they got married and if she keeps a copy of it?if she's seen a copy and knew that it has been registered,there's no use of getting a CENOMAR coz it will just show her record that she's been married and still very much married.Now if she'd never gotten any copy nor have seen their MC she should apply for a CENOMAR or at least get a copy of their MC,she should first try getting a copy from their local civil registrar where they got married,because sometimes,local civil registry didnt get a chance to forward it to NSO the reason why they have no copy.

You may want to cancel first your K-1 application and sort this out first to avoid delays or even a possible denial for not telling the truth.

About her BC, if the US embassy will verify it,and if there were 2 different names listed on different BCs, it's possible that they will get both copies if the names of parents and her birth date are identical.

I wish you goodluck and may you be able to find a solution to your problem.

I think the OP did say that the beneficiary is not really sure if it was registered or not.

I had a wedding 8 years ago and I did sign a marriage contract during the ceremony... if i did not try getting a copy of the contract for adjustment of my kid's status (supposedly from illegitimate to legitimated by virtue of parents' marriage) 2 weeks after, I wouldn't have known early on that my wedding was not yet registered at that time and that the priest who officiated had not received his renewed license the time and day of the wedding.

another case is my friend's parents, after 30years somebody is claiming that they were the legal family since the marriage between my friend's parents 30years ago was not legitimate... all those 30years there was never a question of the legitimacy of the wedding, until recently.

my point is, signing a contract and holding a copy of it and thinking that it was registered is not enough to verify if it was legitimate or not... sad to say there are a lot of couple here who in good faith, thought that they were legally married to their spouses only to find out after several decades that the marriage was not legal after all due to some circumstances.

as of going to the local civil registry, the certificate printed on NSO paper is the only accepted document now, even in local colleges and universities and most especially with USEM. getting a copy from the local civil registrar doubles the amount (pay for the local registrars copy then, pay for the certification @ NSO-- learned that mistake when i first requested birth certificate for our school--- and sadly, it was still rejected coz they wanted a BC printed on NSO paper-- papers from local civil registry with NSO certified stamp was not good enough because that is easier to fake)... and USEM will only verify documents directly with NSO not with local registrars. Getting CENOMAR @ NSO is just 180 pesos, birth certificate is 125pesos, a small price to pay for your peace of mind, why go through the hassle of going to the local civil registrars...

as for the 2 birth certificates, she needs to get court order that the person on the first bc and the 2nd bc is one and the same (sadly this process takes months), that is only if both BC are registered with NSO or if she have legal documents under both names... she have the responsibility to have this sorted before her interview and not just go and let the USEM sort this out themselves.. that is if she wants approval and not AP.

BTW, i did not list the biological father of my kids as ex husband or spouse on the USCIS forms nor did i list any previous wedding date or annulment date since we have no record of any marriage at all and the court said there was nothing to annul because there was no record at all and it was 8years ago, way way pass the time limit allowed for any solemnizing officer to register any marriage. So, if the OP's fiancee don't have record of that marriage she contacted 10years ago, then their K1 papers are still good to go... i would say verify the facts of that supposed marriage first and clear up the problem with 2 BCs before deciding what to do with your K1 application.

God speed.

ROC

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.