Roserick

Roserick IR-1 Interview Experience

24 posts in this topic

Alright.. So my wife had her Interview today Feb 20, 2008 @ 8:30am

We went to the Embassy at around 7:30am.. We got in fast upon the guard seeing that we have a 8:30am Interview..

Upon going to the Ticket booth to get our ticket.. We had a good vibes.. Does people in there greeted us nicely and politely, they even played with my daughter then told us to take a seat...

After 10 mins.. My wife's name was called over the microphone for Fingerprinting.. WoW!! She did it in 1 shot. Then the lady asked us to take a seat again and wait for our number to flash on the screen..

Upon seating for about 5 mins our number flashed on the screen and was suggested to go to window 28 for the Filipino Pre-screener.. The Prescreener was a very friendly man, he greeted us nicely. and asked for the needed documents politely.

Here is what he asked us..

Is he the petitioner = YES

Asked me on when I arrived in the Philippines, asked me if our daughter has her US passport already and asked for a copy of the Consular Report or Passport.. We gave her Copy of Consular Report.

Asked my wife how did I get to the US. Asked my wife what do I do for a living, Asked for proof of bonafide marriage.. We gave our photo album which did fit on the slot, when he went through the pictures he said its enough and just present any other documents on the Interview room with the consul.

He went over my I864.. He sees that my Income is on the Border line.. He asked for my 2007 ITR which I said I didn't have.. (oppsss) then asked if I have a co-sponser (sigh) YES!! and I presented my prepared Co-Sponsor I864.. (Thank God). After that he just told us to go back to our seat and wait for our number to flash on screen again for CO Interview..

15 mins has passed.. Number flashed on the screen, (Anxious and nervous) Upon going inside the CO Interview room. (WoW!! the CO is a lady.. :)) Me and my wife greeted the CO good morning and she also greeted us nicely and played with my daughter a lil bit before going through our paper works...

She didn't even asked my wife anything... She took a look at our photo album and was impress on how organize our pictures were.. CO started questioning me on what do I do for a living, Asked me to explain what I really do, and if my daughter has her US passport already and she just said ("Whoa.. That makes my job a little easier")

After that she just told my wife that she will love NYC and telling her its very cold and time is very fast..

She didn't say anything about APPROVED but she was talking to my wife about that she will get a VISA and their just waiting for NSO to send the result of the Document Verification to the Embassy. I was like I already paid for it 3 weeks ago and she was like that's good and just told me she has no control over the Docs Verification Processing..

FYI: Also she told me.. Not everyone is needed for this.. I guess we were just randomly picked. She even told me that she herself believe our relationship its just that its a policy that's out of her hand..

After that she told us to wait outside and we will be called again for releasing..

After getting out we haven't even gotten a seat and we were called again over the microphone to proceed to Window 37 for releasing.. We went to window 37 and was instructed to pay for Docs Verification and Delivery fee.. I was like I already paid for the Docs Verification fee 3 weeks ago.. The clerk was shocked and told me that's a instruction that a CO would decide and I was like it is on their website to pay for the fee 3 weeks before the Interview..

After that she gave us the pink slip and told us to go to the Delbros booth to pay for the delivery fee..

We went to the Delbros booth and paid the Delivery fee, even Delbros don't know what's going on with Docs Verification..

9:30am we got out the Embassy and had a brunch @ Chowking..

So I'm a bit happy that the Interview is done and a bit dissapointed and confuse about where I stand..

Thank You all and Good Luck to all upcomming Interviews..

Hope you like my experience..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

We went to the Embassy at around 7:30am.. We got in fast upon the guard seeing that we have a 8:30am Interview..

Upon going to the Ticket booth to get our ticket.. We had a good vibes.. Does people in there greeted us nicely and politely, they even played with my daughter then told us to take a seat...

After 10 mins.. My wife's name was called over the microphone for Fingerprinting.. WoW!! She did it in 1 shot. Then the lady asked us to take a seat again and wait for our number to flash on the screen..

Upon seating for about 5 mins our number flashed on the screen and was suggested to go to window 28 for the Filipino Pre-screener.. The Prescreener was a very friendly man, he greeted us nicely. and asked for the needed documents politely.

Asked me on when I arrived in the Philippines, asked me if our daughter has her US passport already and asked for a copy of the Consular Report or Passport.. We gave her Copy of Consular Report.

Asked my wife how did I get to the US. Asked my wife what do I do for a living, Asked for proof of bonafide marriage.. We gave our photo album which did fit on the slot, when he went through the pictures he said its enough and just present any other documents on the Interview room with the consul.

He went over my I864.. He sees that my Income is on the Border line.. He asked for my 2007 ITR which I said I didn't have.. (oppsss) then asked if I have a co-sponser (sigh) YES!! and I presented my prepared Co-Sponsor I864.. (Thank God). After that he just told us to go back to our seat and wait for our number to flash on screen again for CO Interview..

15 mins has passed.. Number flashed on the screen, (Anxious and nervous) Upon going inside the CO Interview room. (WoW!! the CO is a lady.. :)) Me and my wife greeted the CO good morning and she also greeted us nicely and played with my daughter a lil bit before going through our paper works...

She didn't even asked my wife anything... She took a look at our photo album and was impress on how organize our pictures were.. CO started questioning me on what do I do for a living, Asked me to explain what I really do, and if my daughter has her US passport already and she just said ("Whoa.. That makes my job a little easier")

After that she just told my wife that she will love NYC and telling her its very cold and time is very fast..

She didn't say anything about APPROVED but she was talking to my wife about that she will get a VISA and their just waiting for NSO to send the result of the Document Verification to the Embassy. I was like I already paid for it 3 weeks ago and she was like that's good and just told me she has no control over the Docs Verification Processing..

FYI: Also she told me.. Not everyone is needed for this.. I guess we were just randomly picked. She even told me that she herself believe our relationship its just that its a policy that's out of her hand..

After that she told us to wait outside and we will be called again for releasing..

After getting out we haven't even gotten a seat and we were called again over the microphone to proceed to Window 37 for releasing.. We went to window 37 and was instructed to pay for Docs Verification and Delivery fee.. I was like I already paid for the Docs Verification fee 3 weeks ago.. The clerk was shocked and told me that's a instruction that a CO would decide and I was like it is on their website to pay for the fee 3 weeks before the Interview..

After that she gave us the pink slip and told us to go to the Delbros booth to pay for the delivery fee..

We went to the Delbros booth and paid the Delivery fee, even Delbros don't know what's going on with Docs Verification..

So I'm a bit happy that the Interview is done and a bit dissapointed and confuse about where I stand..

Congratz buddy, I knew you can do it. We are both so happy for both of you!

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Congratz buddy, I knew you can do it. We are both so happy for both of you!

Im happy too that the Interview is over.. But I'm a bit lost right now..

I feel like I'm in the same case with ed3ppp :blink:

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Congrats with the interview. i hope you get the results of the document verification soon!

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations and thanks for sharing this experience.

I tried calling Delbros the moment i read here in VJ about some who paid before hand but delbros failed to send in the request for document verification. May i ask if you tried calling Delbros before the interview?

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

Congrats..

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

Congratulations on the interview Roserick and thanks for sharing your experience.

I am sorry to hear about your delay. Your situation sounds very similar to ours except that Meryll was never told about the document verification. She was asked to pay the verification fee a second time and then given a blue request for more documents form.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Congratulations! :dance::dance:

Just be more patient you'll get it soon...

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Congratulations!!!

:thumbs: congratulations ROSERICK. god is good and he will grant ur request. continuous prayers for u and ur family ( wife and ur kid )

godbless

Thanks all for the support..

I really hope USEM get the result from NSO soon...

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.