~~~water~~~

Arabic satellite

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can you just get a box like in Egypt or do you need to subscribe?

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Try this

www.jumptv.com

I always use it

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

If you want satellite, the only option for arabic is Dish Network. Other options are internet tv OR that dish that gets you all the free to air channels but you won't get most of the good ones on that.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Yep, Dish Network. I hope you have two TVs at home. If not, do yourself a favor and get a second. I don't have this problem with Moh but I did with my ex...he took over the TV. If you don't want to be bored out of your mind either get another TV or stock up on books.

I think I got lucky, my hubby watches everything with me. Even those TLC and WE tv shows, like baby story and bridezillas, LOL. But we TIVO almost everything and watch it when we want. In the beginning I got 2 tv's for this reason but we don't even use the 2nd one at all.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Timeline

My current husband watches all my FoodNetwork, TLC, TravelChannel, etc. shows. My ex did not. We usually were in separate areas of the house when he was home because of the satellite. Hmmm maybe that's why he's my ex. :D

We do not have Arabic satellite at home currently. We have Xbox Live. Apparently that's more entertaining. :D

My current husband watches all my FoodNetwork, TLC, TravelChannel, etc. shows. My ex did not. We usually were in separate areas of the house when he was home because of the satellite. Hmmm maybe that's why he's my ex. :D

We do not have Arabic satellite at home currently. We have Xbox Live. Apparently that's more entertaining. :D

Well we have arabic satellite because of me :innocent: I gotta have my arabic soap operas!

Timeline
Yep, Dish Network. I hope you have two TVs at home. If not, do yourself a favor and get a second. I don't have this problem with Moh but I did with my ex...he took over the TV. If you don't want to be bored out of your mind either get another TV or stock up on books.

I think I got lucky, my hubby watches everything with me. Even those TLC and WE tv shows, like baby story and bridezillas, LOL. But we TIVO almost everything and watch it when we want. In the beginning I got 2 tv's for this reason but we don't even use the 2nd one at all.

I don't have tivo but I do have dvr which I think is the same thing and it's gotten so bad that I won't watch anything live anymore because I can't stand not being able to fast foward through the commercials!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't have tivo but I do have dvr which I think is the same thing and it's gotten so bad that I won't watch anything live anymore because I can't stand not being able to fast foward through the commercials!

Yesssssss :lol: me tooooooo!! Sometimes, if i really want to watch it around the same time, i pause it and go take a bath and make coffee, and then i sit and watch, so i can fast forward through commercials!

There's one commercial that really drives me nuts and if i'm watching something live and that commercial pops up , i pause it just to fast forward it :lol: that cracks the kids up everytime it would happen..... it's that Oxiclean man that seems to scream at you, who also does the orange glo anddddddd the one I detest the most: KABOOOOOOM :wacko:

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

my cable provider has arabic network so i got it for my husband. he hated it cuz it was mostly egyptian chanals so he told me to get rid of it and save the extra money.

We have Dish Network and hubby loves all his arabic channels. I kinda enjoy them too!

I know Dish Network has lots of Arabic Channels. Now a days, some cable companies are also offering at least one Arabic Channel. I've noticed most of the cable are offering Art America. I don't have any, since I don't speak Arabic, but I know Art America is a very popular one among Arabic Speaking people.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline
We have Dish Network and hubby loves all his arabic channels. I kinda enjoy them too!

I know Dish Network has lots of Arabic Channels. Now a days, some cable companies are also offering at least one Arabic Channel. I've noticed most of the cable are offering Art America. I don't have any, since I don't speak Arabic, but I know Art America is a very popular one among Arabic Speaking people.

I have ART. Not sure if hubby will like it though. I'll let you all know when he gets here!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.