aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks you guys for your input. I am just so worried about getting denied. I hope we hear something very soon! :) It's getting frustrating....

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nigel,

can you add me to your list please, I had to submit a waiver (I-601) in London yesterday. Reason = CIMT the visa was a K1

regards

Paul

Nigel,

can you add me to your list please, I had to submit a waiver (I-601) in London yesterday. Reason = CIMT the visa was a K1

regards

Paul

Sure Paul C... ;) Hope your interveiw went ok even tho you have to file a waiver hang in there buddy 8wks is the norm...15 wks is the max...

London DHS waivers list

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........wait for police cert...............N/Y/F

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 31st Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............3/FEB/05.........................Pending case

Last we hear that London (DHS) waivers takes.. 8/12 wks to Process..

If Anybody who will file a waiver through London Embassy please leave Details then ill add you to the waiver list...

MistyB...How ya doing Hon :thumbs: feel that stress going away yet?

Nigel change my date to Jan. 30.. :P pleeeeeeease?

uhm..stress going away??? yeah sure... :whistle: well we're under a little stress. The next big hurdle is the passport thing. We have three kids to get passports for and we're going up to Stockholm on the 15th so hopefully that goes well. A 4 hour train ride with 3 very rambunctious kids is well..HARD WORK! :wacko:

After that comes the next hurdle which is finding a house (that's not going so well...yet) and after that of course is finding the right shipping company.

It really never ends does it? ;)

How is it going on your end??? When are you planning on moving if you havent yet?

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay, guys, we got the police certificate finally! So the courier is delivering our waiver app on Monday. Now the waiting and stressing begins well and truly! Let's hope it really is the eight weeks and not the 12! Trying to plan a wedding here!!!

Paul, I'm sorry to hear you had to file a waiver after all. I was hoping good news for you. Did it go well otherwise? Cas said they were very polite and helpful with him.

Misty, I'm so glad to hear things are going well for you. Trying to figure out how you're going to get home is a good kind of stress, yeah? :D

Anyways, that's all I have to report. Everyone have a fabulous weekend!

Tiff

It is a good kind of stress but a PITA! It looks like we may end up in an apartment after all and after 6 LONG years of living in one, I am very disappointed! :crying:

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

update MistyB Apprved Date :dance: ......

London DHS waivers list

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........wait for police cert...............N/Y/F

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 30th Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............3/FEB/05.........................Pending case

Anymore updates please let me know.... :thumbs:

Sorry about being nitpicky Nigel...I am a control freak! :P

I read your other post Paul C and I am sorry you had to submit a waiver as well but London is a great place to do it if you must. IMO, Rome is one of the worst places! They are still giving out the processing time as 12-15 weeks but I dont buy that. I think that's worst case scenario like Nigel said.

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

Thanks for that Misty! and the words from Nigel and cmltdg are also very much appreciated.

Yeah my day in London was probably best forgotten (see post in foreign embassy forum), I couldn't beleive they let me wait and stress until 4 pm (after having entering the embassy at 11 am), but hey it's all over now.

I guess you were right about that more than one conviction thing Misty, I really thought I had a chance but I was hardly gonna argue with the guy, besides he was really nice and apologized for the long wait....

so guess this is my new home for a while eh?

I'm in good company though, so feeling ok here :D

hey Nige, can you change my date to 2nd of feb?, as that's when the waiver was submitted, cheers

Timeline

Hi nigel and everyone,

you can add our dates to your list.

Case K3 , CIMT, Jan 5 06

cheers.

sorry to hear you waited so long Paul. I was there for about 2 and a half hours and was going stir crazy then

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

update Wendybob :yes: Welcome on board Hope your waiver gets processed fast.. ;)

Paul c sorry they messed you about but the ball is back in there court now ..just sit back a few months and you be sorted...the time will fly.....best wishes..

London DHS waivers list

ATEST INFO...

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 30th Jan 06

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............2/FEB/05.........................Pending case

Wendibob...K3.......I-601.............CIMT..............5th/Jan/06.......................Pending case...

Edited by nigel

Thanks for those words Nigel, appreciate them! oh by the way it's 2006 when I filed ! sorry to be a fusspot! :lol:

Nigel, just a quick question, do they normally inform the applicant by mail or by phone, when the visa's approved?

It's just that the guy in the embassy said that they would write? yet I hear from you guys that they phoned?

regards

Paul

Cmltgt...I know you said you have got your police cert back and you was going to file today Monday the 6th but i would like to know when they have your waiver so then the clock will start ticking away once they have got your waiver.....so maybe i might add you for the 7th or 8th Feb.....let me know if you find out they have it please...

Paulc.... If you only committed one "petty" crime before the age of 18 ..then, they can Forgive and sometimes even if you committed one petty crime after 18 sometimes they will let it slip......but more often after 18yrs of age they make you file.....after all if they can get $265.00 it all helps for the goverment...

This all depends on several factors... The crime itself and what would be the max sentance which could be given by the court...Hang in there you be fine im sure... ;)

Paulc...They can do both....but more often i hear they call in the morning most of the time...but somehow they will get hold of ya...make sure they got any contact details...which you proberly did... ;) Hanh in Buddy you be fine... :yes:

Ok....I wanted to ask is anybody on here who has a lawyer to file there hardship letters and waiver for them..

As for our case we just filed everything ourselfs with hardship letters ect....cas there is some good people on here and I2us.net who can help and give great advise on how to go about writeing hardship letters.

Best wishes Everyone who has filed waivers i know its bloody hard to wait on ya life but hang in there, the time will pass....i know sometimes things feel like it drags on but while you wait get something positive going in the meantime...

Nigel :thumbs:

London DHS waivers list

ATEST INFO...

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............2/FEB/06.........................Pending case

Wendibob...K3.......I-601.............CIMT..............5th/Jan/06.......................Pending case...

Edited by nigel

Timeline

Nigel,

We had a lawyer, we were really clueless when all this happened. But if I could do this all over again I probably could of done it myseld with the help of this website. My lawyer was referred to US from my fiance brothers lawyer. Yes he is a really good lawyer but very very expensive. We could have but a brand new car or put a nice down payment on a house with the amount he has charged us. Yes he is out of London but still it is ridiculous how much he has charged. He has tripled the amount that he had originally told us. And we don't even know for sure they will let him back in the US.

BTW still no news...should I start counting the weeks from the original date we filed dec. 2nd or the date they actually started processing it, which was Dec 13.

jpkeswim

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

I would count from when they started to process it. I think you'll hear something next week by the latest. :)

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.