LloydandMarilu

Peru Fiance Visa Interview ???

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Well. First time I am posting

I am a USA citizen, my fiaince is from Peru

started gathering the info needed. I should recieve from my love (DHL) by next week then I will send off.

Brief History:

I met Marilu in October 2004. I was traveling to Peru for business about 4 or 5 times a year.\

We started a realtionship.

I fell in love with her very quickly.... but.... I was married. SHe got to know me, and knew I was not happily married and was there for my children.

I came to realize that it was better for my children if I am happy so.....

I separated from my wife in March of 2006

Finally in December of 2007 my wife signed the divorce and in January of 2008 it was final.

Me and my sweet Marilu shoud have our papers in by the next month.

I know the length or time till we get approved is unpredictable, I am guessing 6 to 7 months.

My first question

1. what have others experienced for time from Peru

2. I am confused about the interview. Will I need to go to Peru for the final interview or am I interviewed in the states.

3. What if I owe some back taxes... worried about what I will show on 2008 and may not be able to cover the tax due.

Thanks for your help

Lloyd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

started gathering the info needed. I should recieve from my love (DHL) by next week then I will send off.

Brief History:

I met Marilu in October 2004. I was traveling to Peru for business about 4 or 5 times a year.\

I fell in love with her very quickly.... but.... I was married. SHe got to know me, and knew I was not happily married and was there for my children.

Finally in December of 2007 my wife signed the divorce and in January of 2008 it was final.

I know the length or time till we get approved is unpredictable, I am guessing 6 to 7 months.

My first question

2. I am confused about the interview. Will I need to go to Peru for the final interview or am I interviewed in the states.

3. What if I owe some back taxes... worried about what I will show on 2008 and may not be able to cover the tax due.

Thanks for your help

Lloyd

Check out the Latin American forum...there are some peruanos there.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and the journey.......

1. You hit the nail on the head...... around 6 to 8 months is about the average time if no bumps in the road

2. You do not have to attend the interview in Peru. But it is highly suggested that you attend the interview.

3. They are not interested in if you can pay your taxes. They are interested if you can afford to support your fiance once she is here.

Best of luck

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Brief History:

My first question

Thanks for your help

Lloyd

Lloyd,

The responses above are good ones. There is additional info under the guides tab on this site as well as the link titled Embassy info. You can select Peru and get helpful info. Also the link titled Reviews will give you some idea of other's experiences at the embassy in Peru.

As for me and my love, we are still awaiting NOA2 but we can keep in touch throughout the process if you want, some of the very best info I have received has been from others here on VJ...

Jun: I Met Elias in Peru

Oct: Returned to Peru. Elias proposed!!

Nov 26: Mailed I-129F to VSC

Nov 28: Rec. Signature Confirm of delivery from USPS

Nov 29: Check cashed ; rec. receipt number. E-NOA1

Feb 14: Touch

Feb 14: NOA2 by email!

Feb 19: File Arrived @ NVC

Feb 20: Hard-copy NOA2

Feb 21: File Left NVC for Lima.

Feb 25: File @ U.S. embassy in Lima!

Mar 04: Rec. Packet 3/4

Mar 18: 8 a.m. My Morenito's Interview!!

Mar 25: VISA IN HAND!!!

Apr 4: My love is home!!!!

Apr 29: Our marriage. And life begins anew..

Dec 31: Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP to Chicago

Jan 5: Rec. e-mail confirm of delivery from USPS

Jan 8: Check cashed. MSC number not visible....

Jan 12: Rec. Hard Copy Notices for AOS, EAD, and AP. Touched

Jan 16: Rec. NOA-Biometrics Scheduled 1/28/09

Jan 28: 9:00 a.m. Biometrics appt. Fast - 15 minutes in and out!

Jan 29: Touched.

Feb 3: AOS Trans. to CSC

Feb 10: AOS Arrived @ CSC

Mar 04: Touch on AOS

Mar 09: Notifice that AP approved 3/6/09

Mar 13: Rec. AP

Mar 16: Rec. EAD (surprised as USCIS shows no updates)

Apr 3: Rec Welcome Letter, AOS approved 03/30 (surprise, no updates on website)

Apr 8: GC Received

June 5: Our precious baby girl arrived!

June 7: Our darling son arrived!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My first question

Thanks for your help

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd, in the same boat here..these peruvian women are something else... :thumbs: .....anyways, my wife and I decided to go with a lawyer, although with all the info here you really dont need one. My wife and I actually got married last year in May. At the moment we are getting the necessary signatures from my wife and then well send the first packet sent by the NVC back to the NVC. All together it'll be about a year for us when this gets all done. Many finish in 9 or sooner, I guess depending on turn around time and individual case. I personnaly will go with my wife to the interview as she is expecting our little one at the moment :) good luck to you..you definitely came across the right place to seek advice.....

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey my fiance is from peru and it has been 3 months so far for the 1-29f since i got the noa 1 ..what can you tell me how long this whole process takes and when I can expect to be approved and how is the embassy in peru when she goes..what will she need to do and bring..any pointers..thanks alotttt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hey my fiance is from peru and it has been 3 months so far for the 1-29f since i got the noa 1 ..what can you tell me how long this whole process takes and when I can expect to be approved and how is the embassy in peru when she goes..what will she need to do and bring..any pointers..thanks alotttt
You've posted in a thread that's nearly 4 years old. The OP hasn't been on VJ for 13 months.

You'd do best to read the Embassy Info and "Reviews: Embassy" for Lima (see atop any VJ page), then read the various threads from other Peru filers, and only then ask your unanswered questions, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.