EBONY_SEAN

GIVING UP THE GREENCARD

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LAST YEAR MAY 2007, MY STEP SISTER CAME TO AMERICA FROM JAMAICA WITH HER 2 KIDS. MY MOM AND DAD FILED FOR THEM. THE FIRST MONTH SHE WAS HERE SHE DID NOT GET ALONG WITH MY DAD. SHE IS 27 YEARS OLD AND SHE THOUGHT SHE KNEW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT AMERICA. FIRST OF ALL SHE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO READ. MY MOM HAS A FRIEND WHO MANAGES TARGET STORES AND SHE GOT A LINK FOR AN OVERNIGHT POSITION THERE.

MY MOM DID THE APPLICATION FOR HER, SHE PASSED THE DRUG TEST HERSELF AND THEY SET IT UP WHERE SHE WOULD DO THE INTERVIEW WITH MY MOM FRIEND. WELL LOW AND BEHOLD THE ###### DECIDED SHE GOING BACK TO JAMAICA BECAUSE MY DAD WOULDNT GIVE HER MONEY TO BUY CLOTHES FOR A PARTY. SHE DIDNT WANT TO COOK FOR THE KIDS SHE DIDNT WANT TO CLEAN UP BEHIND THEM SHE DIDNT WANT TO DO ANYTHINKG EXCEPT WATCH TV ALL DAY.

WELL THIS WENT ON FOR 2 MONTHS. MY MOM OFFERED TO HER TO PUT HER IN HER OWN APARTMENT AND PAY 1 MONTH SECURITY AND 1 MONTH RENT BY THE TIME ANY MONEY IS DUE SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN PAID PLUS THEY TOLD HER THEY WOULD HELP WITH THE KIDS. THE FOOL TURNED IT DOWN. SO THEY BOUGHT HER A 1 WAY TICKET AND LET HER GO BACK AND SHE WOULDNT LEAVE THE LIL BOY BUT SHE LEFT THE 10 YR OLD THAT SHE HATES FOR REASONS WE DONT KNOW OF.

WELL SHE FOUND OUT WHILE SHE WAS IN JAMAICA THAT SHE HAD TO RETURN IN 6MOS OR HER GREEN CARD WOULD BE ABANDONED AND SHE SOMEHOW GOT BACK TO AMERICA JANUARY 11, 2008, 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE DEADLINE. SHE DID NOT CONTACT MY MOM MY DAD OR HER DAUGHTER THAT SHE LEFT WITH THEM. SHE ENDED UP IN A HOMELESS SHELTER WITHIN A FEW DAYS AND ANOTHER BY THE SECOND WEEK

MY MOM AND DAD SAID SHE CANT STAY WITH THEM AND THE HOMLESS SHELTER SAID SHE CANT STAY IN A SHELTER EITHER. I BELIEVE THEY BOUGHT HER THE TICKET AND SENT HER BACK. WELL SHE HAS 6MOS TO STAY OUT OF THE COUNTRY . EVEN IF THEY ALLOW HER TO STAY WITH THEM SHE DOESNT WANT TO RETURN TO THEIR HOME.

MY MOM CALLED IMMIGRATION TO SEE HOW SHE COULD GET OUT OF THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT THAT SHE SIGNED AND THEY SAID 4 WAYS ONLY.....BECOME A CITIZEN, LEAVE THE US PERMANENTLY, WORK FOR 40 QUARTERS (10YRS) OR TO DIE.

WE CANT KIDNAP HER AND MAKE HER STAY WITH THEM SO HOW DO WE RECTIFY THIS SITUATION. THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT A GREENCARD AND HERE SHE IS THROWING AWAY 2 GREENCRDS DOWN THE DRAIN.

any advice is welcome

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Timeline

Group: Members

Filed for: K-1

Texas Service Center

Local Office: CHARLESTON SC

My Timeline

My Photos

LAST YEAR MAY 2007, MY STEP SISTER CAME TO AMERICA FROM JAMAICA WITH HER 2 KIDS. MY MOM AND DAD FILED FOR THEM. THE FIRST MONTH SHE WAS HERE SHE DID NOT GET ALONG WITH MY DAD. SHE IS 27 YEARS OLD AND SHE THOUGHT SHE KNEW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT AMERICA. FIRST OF ALL SHE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO READ. MY MOM HAS A FRIEND WHO MANAGES TARGET STORES AND SHE GOT A LINK FOR AN OVERNIGHT POSITION THERE.

MY MOM DID THE APPLICATION FOR HER, SHE PASSED THE DRUG TEST HERSELF AND THEY SET IT UP WHERE SHE WOULD DO THE INTERVIEW WITH MY MOM FRIEND. WELL LOW AND BEHOLD THE ###### DECIDED SHE GOING BACK TO JAMAICA BECAUSE MY DAD WOULDNT GIVE HER MONEY TO BUY CLOTHES FOR A PARTY. SHE DIDNT WANT TO COOK FOR THE KIDS SHE DIDNT WANT TO CLEAN UP BEHIND THEM SHE DIDNT WANT TO DO ANYTHINKG EXCEPT WATCH TV ALL DAY.

WELL THIS WENT ON FOR 2 MONTHS. MY MOM OFFERED TO HER TO PUT HER IN HER OWN APARTMENT AND PAY 1 MONTH SECURITY AND 1 MONTH RENT BY THE TIME ANY MONEY IS DUE SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN PAID PLUS THEY TOLD HER THEY WOULD HELP WITH THE KIDS. THE FOOL TURNED IT DOWN. SO THEY BOUGHT HER A 1 WAY TICKET AND LET HER GO BACK AND SHE WOULDNT LEAVE THE LIL BOY BUT SHE LEFT THE 10 YR OLD THAT SHE HATES FOR REASONS WE DONT KNOW OF.

WELL SHE FOUND OUT WHILE SHE WAS IN JAMAICA THAT SHE HAD TO RETURN IN 6MOS OR HER GREEN CARD WOULD BE ABANDONED AND SHE SOMEHOW GOT BACK TO AMERICA JANUARY 11, 2008, 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE DEADLINE. SHE DID NOT CONTACT MY MOM MY DAD OR HER DAUGHTER THAT SHE LEFT WITH THEM. SHE ENDED UP IN A HOMELESS SHELTER WITHIN A FEW DAYS AND ANOTHER BY THE SECOND WEEK

MY MOM AND DAD SAID SHE CANT STAY WITH THEM AND THE HOMLESS SHELTER SAID SHE CANT STAY IN A SHELTER EITHER. I BELIEVE THEY BOUGHT HER THE TICKET AND SENT HER BACK. WELL SHE HAS 6MOS TO STAY OUT OF THE COUNTRY . EVEN IF THEY ALLOW HER TO STAY WITH THEM SHE DOESNT WANT TO RETURN TO THEIR HOME.

MY MOM CALLED IMMIGRATION TO SEE HOW SHE COULD GET OUT OF THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT THAT SHE SIGNED AND THEY SAID 4 WAYS ONLY.....BECOME A CITIZEN, LEAVE THE US PERMANENTLY, WORK FOR 40 QUARTERS (10YRS) OR TO DIE.

WE CANT KIDNAP HER AND MAKE HER STAY WITH THEM SO HOW DO WE RECTIFY THIS SITUATION. THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO WANT A GREENCARD AND HERE SHE IS THROWING AWAY 2 GREENCRDS DOWN THE DRAIN.

any advice is welcome

JULY 2005 - WE MET

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't have any advice for this situation. I just wanted to say I am so sorry.

My SIL seems to be mirroring some of these similar behaviors. She came here on a K-3 5 years ago and has been back and forth to Jamaica more times then I can count, staying for months on end......every time something does not go her way. She's been through her husband, several boyfriends, her uncle, medicaid, WIC, homeless shelters.....support of any kind she can wrangle. She's taken her kids back to JA and left them on and off during that time, always with the promise that she will better her life.....GED, job after job....nothing ever changes. I wish I knew why my SIL continues to do this stuff, then maybe I could help you. I really feel she wants something; but doesn't know how to get it. She sees her life going a way I just don't see yet, and she can't figure out how to get to where she wants to get.

It seems these women have so many opportunities and are just wasting them. I pray for all of them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Texas Service Center

My Timeline

My Photos

any advice is welcome

My girl,

This is and I hate to say a common story. I know several people who hae been in this situtation. And all I can say is UNGRATEFUL WRETCH...best solution...tell your MOMMY not to worry about her. I tell you, so many people get so many opportunities to come to the states for JA and all they know how to do is )(#*$)( it up. I'll pray for you and your mom, but RUN THE GAL! Ya'll offering your hand and she don't want to take it...RUN HER. Let me tell you something, as SAD as it is...when people can't read or they have difficulty reading or understanding things, they get fustrated and want to take it out on everyone. She dame with 2 kids, getting help and she want to act bad...what a stress...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

My SIL seems to be mirroring some of these similar behaviors. She came here on a K-3 5 years ago and has been back and forth to Jamaica more times then I can count, staying for months on end......every time something does not go her way. She's been through her husband, several boyfriends, her uncle, medicaid, WIC, homeless shelters.....support of any kind she can wrangle. She's taken her kids back to JA and left them on and off during that time, always with the promise that she will better her life.....GED, job after job....nothing ever changes. I wish I knew why my SIL continues to do this stuff, then maybe I could help you. I really feel she wants something; but doesn't know how to get it. She sees her life going a way I just don't see yet, and she can't figure out how to get to where she wants to get.

It seems these women have so many opportunities and are just wasting them. I pray for all of them.

JG,

That sounds like my brother's friends WIFE.........so SAD

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I answered you in the ungrateful green card holder thread.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I used to feel sorry for her, Tre. Lately, we've picked out so many inconsistancies in her stories, that we don't even believe them anymore.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

u SURE SHE doesn't have some man in JA that she is trying to keep. I can understand being homesick and all that...can't understand about leaving one of her children behind..but to each her own. why can't your mother pull the affidavit of support. I think maybe this post is better suited to the effect of family changes forum.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
u SURE SHE doesn't have some man in JA that she is trying to keep. I can understand being homesick and all that...can't understand about leaving one of her children behind..but to each her own. why can't your mother pull the affidavit of support. I think maybe this post is better suited to the effect of family changes forum.

SHE WAS ABUSING THE OLDER CHILD WHICH WE DIDNT KNOW. SHE ONLY ASKED FOR A TICKET FOR HER AND THE SON. ACTUALLY THEY DIDNT WANT ANY OF THE KIDS TO LEAVE. THEY WANTED THE KIDS TO HAVE A NEW BEGINNING

MY MOM CALLED IMMIGRATION AND THEY SAID THE ONLY WAT TO PULL THE AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT IS 1. SIL HAS TO COMPLETE 40 QUARTERS OF WORK (10YRS)

2. SHE CAN BECOME A CITIZEN

3. LEAVE THE US FOR GOOD

4. DIE

ALL 4 ARE IMPOSSIBLE

JULY 2005 - WE MET

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

Timeline

WE FEEL SHE HAS NO AMBITION. SHE WANT NOTHING OUT OF LIFE. MY MOM IS THE OUT OF THE ORDINARY KIND AND SHE TRIED HER BEST TO TALK TO HER FIND HER MORE THAN ONE JOB AND THE ONLY THING SHE WANTED TODO WAS GO TO PARTIES WHICH SHE NEVER WENT TO ANY.

JULY 2005 - WE MET

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

Timeline

Texas Service Center

My Timeline

My Photos

any advice is welcome

JULY 2005 - WE MET

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

If she did not get her green card yet, then her sponsor (who did the Declaration of Support) can DISAVOW the commitment. If she got her green card already, it may be too late to do that.

If she did not have her green card, and left the US, then how did she get back in? I was under the impression that, if you leave after you've been granted a visa, and your application is pending and you don't have any special permission to do so, you have abandoned the application process.

If she did not have her green card, and left the US, then how did she get back in? I was under the impression that, if you leave after you've been granted a visa, and your application is pending and you don't have any special permission to do so, you have abandoned the application process.

This is a FAQ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.