w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Another tasteless blast from McCain's past... called Chelsea Clinton 'ugly' in 1998

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
America already has a President who seems "uncomfortable" with words. What should you all do? I know, elect in a President who makes inane, condescending and poor taste comments instead! Bingo! :idea:

Yeah right.

You know what would happen to me whenever I met someone in the UK (I mean, after I would open my mouth and they could tell I wasn't local). They'd want to know where in the US I was from. When I would tell them WV - well most of them would burst into a few bars of "Country Roads". After the joke (ha - ha - bleh) was over, I'd get a blast about our President. The word most often used was "warmonger".

I bet they'd just love John McCain and his '100 years in Iraq'.

I don't really mind when those foreign to the U.S. make rude and inane comments such as that. I just smile at them and say something like, "You liked Iraq, did you? Well, you're next." :devil:

They never quite know if I'm joking, considering the state of the "evil warmongering American empire" which is just what I'm hoping to play up. If they're going to act like morons, that's fine. I'll screw with their heads. If I can make them paranoid, all the better.

Chelsea might be ugly...then again look who's talking... :whistle:

I always find him rather arrogant when he speaks. This was just another example...btw he creeps me out for some reason. :unsure:

McCain is arrogant (you need to be if you're a politician) and a little creepy, but then again... Chelsea isn't exactly a runway model either. Of course, I'm wondering what any of that has to do with his potential ability to be a leader and her character at all! The commentary just seems pretty shallow and unnecessary, I think. It does give us something to talk about though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
It may not be politically correct but the man has a valid point.
HUH??? What "valid point" do you pull out of this?
Duh, the simple point that Chelsea is fugly.
Since when do irrelevancies qualify as valid points?

Tasteless, IMO. Why does everyone keep defending McCain's lack of tact? I guess that's not an important quality in a president?

The guy speaks his mind in an honest fashion. That counts for something. :yes:

It counts for something that he's arrogant and obnoxious? Wow!

It shouldn't matter what someone thinks of the Clintons, McCain pulling stuff like this is just plain wrong period. Jokes on how he's telling the "truth" and "being honest" are IMO just a show of how full of it people are, because hey it makes it okay when it's someone you don't like, right? What happens when the shoe is on the other foot? What if it's your wife that is reffered to as a b!tch, and your daughter ugly because *insert name here* is her father?

If Americans are okay with this sort of rethoric then frankly they deserve whatever comes from choosing yet again a complete, arrogant moron for President.

And before you start, no! I'm not a fan of the Clintons or of Obama for that matter. I'm actually thankfull I don't have the right to vote cause I honestly don't know which idiot I would pick.

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It may not be politically correct but the man has a valid point.
HUH??? What "valid point" do you pull out of this?
Duh, the simple point that Chelsea is fugly.
Since when do irrelevancies qualify as valid points?

Tasteless, IMO. Why does everyone keep defending McCain's lack of tact? I guess that's not an important quality in a president?

The guy speaks his mind in an honest fashion. That counts for something. :yes:

It counts for something that he's arrogant and obnoxious? Wow!

It shouldn't matter what someone thinks of the Clintons, McCain pulling stuff like this is just plain wrong period. Jokes on how he's telling the "truth" and "being honest" are IMO just a show of how full of it people are, because hey it makes it okay when it's someone you don't like, right? What happens when the shoe is on the other foot? What if it's your wife that is reffered to as a b!tch, and your daughter ugly because *insert name here* is her father?

If Americans are okay with this sort of rethoric then frankly they deserve whatever comes from choosing yet again a complete, arrogant moron for President.

And before you start, no! I'm not a fan of the Clintons or of Obama for that matter. I'm actually thankfull I don't have the right to vote cause I honestly don't know which idiot I would pick.

I think Hillary earned the "######" label on her own. She and Bill, assuming he actually stuck it in her, provided Chelsea with the genes, as well as a fitting name, of an irish setter.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
America already has a President who seems "uncomfortable" with words. What should you all do? I know, elect in a President who makes inane, condescending and poor taste comments instead! Bingo! :idea:

Yeah right.

You know what would happen to me whenever I met someone in the UK (I mean, after I would open my mouth and they could tell I wasn't local). They'd want to know where in the US I was from. When I would tell them WV - well most of them would burst into a few bars of "Country Roads". After the joke (ha - ha - bleh) was over, I'd get a blast about our President. The word most often used was "warmonger".

I don't really mind when those foreign to the U.S. make rude and inane comments such as that. I just smile at them and say something like, "You liked Iraq, did you? Well, you're next." :devil:

They never quite know if I'm joking, considering the state of the "evil warmongering American empire" which is just what I'm hoping to play up. If they're going to act like morons, that's fine. I'll screw with their heads. If I can make them paranoid, all the better.

I always find him rather arrogant when he speaks. This was just another example...btw he creeps me out for some reason. :unsure:

McCain is arrogant (you need to be if you're a politician) and a little creepy, but then again... Chelsea isn't exactly a runway model either. Of course, I'm wondering what any of that has to do with his potential ability to be a leader and her character at all! The commentary just seems pretty shallow and unnecessary, I think. It does give us something to talk about though.

Well, like the race comments he made - it was about 10 years ago, so its not all that relevant.

Of course it does say something about his character - that he's not beyond "boys club" watercooler talk. However you look at it - its not terribly appropriate. At that age, and that point in his career he really should know better.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah right.

Well, like the race comments he made - it was about 10 years ago, so its not all that relevant.

Of course it does say something about his character - that he's not beyond "boys club" watercooler talk. However you look at it - its not terribly appropriate. At that age, and that point in his career he really should know better.

Oh, I agree -- it wasn't appropriate at all and he should have known better. However, what was I getting was... if he's good at what he does (being a politician and potentially a leader), does it really matter if he's always the most polite and nicest guy around? I don't really think so. I'd rather have someone in-charge who knows what they're doing and is something of a jerk than a real friendly person who's completely hopeless and lost.

I'm not saying that McCain is either the former or the latter. Just that because someone may not have a lot of tact, it doesn't mean he or she doesn't have good qualities elsewhere.

Timeline

Yeah right.

Oh, I agree -- it wasn't appropriate at all and he should have known better. However, what was I getting was... if he's good at what he does (being a politician and potentially a leader), does it really matter if he's always the most polite and nicest guy around? I don't really think so. I'd rather have someone in-charge who knows what they're doing and is something of a jerk than a real friendly person who's completely hopeless and lost.

I'm not saying that McCain is either the former or the latter. Just that because someone may not have a lot of tact, it doesn't mean he or she doesn't have good qualities elsewhere.

Well I don't doubt that he's qualified for his position, or Presidential office, but I think his attitudes go hand in hand with the sort of politician he is - I know people want a strong leader, but does "strength" require a candidate to be a blunt, authoritarian?

I wouldn't (theoretically) vote for him because he's too old, which I suppose makes me an ageist - nothing to do with how competent or not he is (although I'm not too excited about some of his ideas), but from the simple fact that at 72 - there's a real chance he could kick it on the job, or otherwise end up incapacitated like Ariel Sharon.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
I'm not defending McCain's jokes, but seriously, would you select Hillary to be Commander in Chief because some jokes McCain made several years ago are in bad taste?

Absolutely, unequivocally, definitely, YES!! :yes:

Edited by metta

Filed: Timeline

I've always thought of this as quite tasteless and condescending as well.

No way. The Clinton's are NOT racist! Take it back!

Oh, they are.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

Oh, they are.

As long as they don't call Jenna Bush ugly, I'm good.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh, they are.

Oh, Gupt, she's only quoting her favorite icon. After all, she's the "Senator from Punjab" according to Barack. :whistle:

Timeline
I'm not defending McCain's jokes, but seriously, would you select Hillary to be Commander in Chief because some jokes McCain made several years ago are in bad taste?

No. I don't think they're particularly relevant - I think his positions are the main reason to vote for him or not.

But then again... his age...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think Hillary earned the "######" label on her own. She and Bill, assuming he actually stuck it in her, provided Chelsea with the genes, as well as a fitting name, of an irish setter.

A little crude, don't you think?

Timeline

I honestly didn't think so. You know I'm capable of much worse, Mags. It's only nasty because of the participants, me thinks.

Sorry if I offended you, Mags.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you mean you think this is offensive to Irish Setters? :lol: