w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Ten Traits That Make You Filthy-Rich

How many of the ten traits do you have?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How many of the ten traits do you currently have?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1. Patience :yes:

2. Satisfaction :yes:

3. Organization :yes:

4. Discipline :no:

5. Reflectiveness Not sure . . . . :unsure:

6. Creativity :yes:

7. Curiosity :yes:

8. Risk-Taking :no::no::no:

9. Goal-Oriented :yes:

10. Hard- and Smart-Working Sort of, but I didn't include this one in my vote.

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting...You-Filthy-Rich

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was thinking about how they should really call this "ten traits that might keep you out of debt."

The only thing that makes you rich is being born that way or extreme luck and ingenuity combined.

Filed: Timeline
I was thinking about how they should really call this "ten traits that might keep you out of debt."

The only thing that makes you rich is being born that way or extreme luck and ingenuity combined.

I think it comes down to (like all things class related) how you define 'filthy rich'. I define the term as someone akin to a Brunei sheikh... in which case these ten traits won't cut it.

I believe if one had all ten traits, a comfortable life would probably be pretty much guaranteed. No debt, a few vacations a year, no worrying about the bills. Which is what I would think what most people really want. Right now if my heater dies I will have to worry about where the money comes from. That's not 'comfortable' and getting there is the goal. Just my 2 c.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think it comes down to (like all things class related) how you define 'filthy rich'. I define the term as someone akin to a Brunei sheikh... in which case these ten traits won't cut it.

I believe if one had all ten traits, a comfortable life would probably be pretty much guaranteed. No debt, a few vacations a year, no worrying about the bills. Which is what I would think what most people really want. Right now if my heater dies I will have to worry about where the money comes from. That's not 'comfortable' and getting there is the goal. Just my 2 c.

Hehe, you gotta move! We were dayum comfortable in Minneapolis. Now if we needed a major purchase we'd be kinda screwed. Not stopping us from probably staying here though. :)

Filed: Timeline

Hehe, you gotta move! We were dayum comfortable in Minneapolis. Now if we needed a major purchase we'd be kinda screwed. Not stopping us from probably staying here though. :)

Yeah. I know what you mean. My wife and I are both very comfortable, maybe too comfortable, with our lack of comfort :P

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess I have about 7....

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

1. Patience - none

2. Satisfaction - :thumbs:

3. Organization - :thumbs:

4. Discipline - not with money :blush:

5. Reflectiveness - :thumbs: as a result of not having discipline, i reflect a bit too much

6. Creativity - :thumbs:

7. Curiosity - :thumbs:

8. Risk-Taking - i dont think money is something to play with

9. Goal-Oriented - :thumbs:

10. Hard- and Smart-Working - :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

In regards to money, the only thing I don't do is take risks. Too bad the discipline trait doesn't translate over to other parts of my life!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
#11 - inherit.

I wish. When my 4 relatives die, there will be nothing but angry bill collectors calling us asking where their corpses are located to call and probably six liens on their houses we didn't know about. GO LEGACY! Woo hoo!!