febfiller

February fillers thread

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

VSC and CSC are two VERY different beasts....

I do not hold high hopes with VSC. I am afraid it will be a few months before approval for us. Nothing we can do but wait and study/prepare for the next step. Sometimes I hope the K3 goes through, sometimes the CR-1, as long as something goes through. No touch since April for K-3 and May 8 for I-130... Checking every day, but I am off to a 2 week holiday, so I promised myself I will not be checking for 2 weeks!!!! :whistle:

I'm starting to freak out!!! VSC has not changed their processing times! but I'm hoping that I get approved by the end of may or maybe June, may God bless all of you and give us strength to overcome this hard and cruel times separated of our love ones.

Don't give up hope....my case was approved in the middle of May along with about 7 other February filers. Hoping for the end of May or June isn't hoping for too much at all =)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just spoke to a USCIS rep and she told me that the processing times shows July and haven't changed because there is toooooo many July petitions but that it doesn't mean that they are only reviewing July petitions that there are adjudicators working on other months petitions and she even told me that I might get my case approved before theirs that there is no way to predict it by the processing times shown on their website as not everyone at USCIS works only on those shown there. she even told me not to panic and expect to get my case approved soon. should i belive her?? LOL i'm surprised by the way she treated me she was way to sweet!

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

Ni la distancia ni el tiempo podran separar dos vidas determinadas a estar unidas...

Neither time nor distance can separate two lives that are destined to become one..

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/18/2008 Assigned Case number

12/22/2008 DS3032 and AOS bill generated

12/26/2008 Received INN by mail

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/27/2008 sent DS3032 and I-864 package

12/29/2008 DS3032 choice of agent confirmation

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/03/2009 sent DS230 package

01/07/2009 Complete Affidavit review and acceptance

01/12/2009 Case complete

04/13/2009 interview (approved)

K3 @ Embassy

sent to US embassy at SDO 12/19/08

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I have just spoke to a USCIS rep and she told me that the processing times shows July and haven't changed because there is toooooo many July petitions but that it doesn't mean that they are only reviewing July petitions that there are adjudicators working on other months petitions and she even told me that I might get my case approved before theirs that there is no way to predict it by the processing times shown on their website as not everyone at USCIS works only on those shown there. she even told me not to panic and expect to get my case approved soon. should i belive her?? LOL i'm surprised by the way she treated me she was way to sweet!

Yes, I think she may be right. If you look at the other threads there are some people who filed in September and October ’07 got their approval. Also, I do not think that they have so many filers in July’07. I don’t think it takes three months to finish up that load, they are just clearing up back logs. This is just my opinion. It is nice to hear that they are giving good responses like this!!!

I-130

02/04/2008 -mailed i130 to VSC

02/19/2008- received by VSC

12/15/1008- NOA2 email received

12/22/2008 - NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

12/29/2008 – MAILED & EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

01/03/2009 – PAID AOS FEES

01/05/2009 – PAID IV FESS

01/08/2009 – SENT AOS PACKAGE

02/03/2009 - CASE COMPLETE

03/26/2009 - CR 1 INTERVIEW

I-129F

05/17/2008 – MAILED I-129F TO VSC

05/29/2008 – NOA1

12/15/2008 – NOA2

12/22/2008 – NVC ASSIGNED CASE NUMBER

12/24/2008 – SENT TO THE CONSULATE

01/06/2009 – SENT PACKET 3

03/05/2009 - K-3 INTERVIEW

Yes, I think she may be right. If you look at the other threads there are some people who filed in September and October ’07 got their approval. Also, I do not think that they have so many filers in July’07. I don’t think it takes three months to finish up that load, they are just clearing up back logs. This is just my opinion. It is nice to hear that they are giving good responses like this!!!

WOW!! that would be great, technically Im a Jan. I-130 filer and sent in the I-129F in February, Im so worried as we are against the clock, time wise, financially and my common sence left a long time ago.

I'll take either petition apporval real soon.

Good luck everyone, and let us keep faith with ever card delt to us.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

WOW!! that would be great, technically Im a Jan. I-130 filer and sent in the I-129F in February, Im so worried as we are against the clock, time wise, financially and my common sence left a long time ago.

I'll take either petition apporval real soon.

Good luck everyone, and let us keep faith with ever card delt to us.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm starting to freak out!!! VSC has not changed their processing times! but I'm hoping that I get approved by the end of may or maybe June, may God bless all of you and give us strength to overcome this hard and cruel times separated of our love ones.

Don't give up hope....my case was approved in the middle of May along with about 7 other February filers. Hoping for the end of May or June isn't hoping for too much at all =)

hI WHAT DOES "TOUCHED" mean? sorry im just new here. Im so happy that ur case was approved already. Im still waiting for mine. We filed last Feb and received noa1 last feb 20, till now we are still waiting for my noa2.. makes me feel worried,,, but patience is a virtue. Hope to hear from you.

Timeline

Honeyleen,

Please update your timeline, that will help others.

Try this

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Click on Case Status Online + Register ( as applicant ) + Login

Case status search ( Enter your EAC............ ) and the date that say's last updated is what " touch " means when your case change desk or person date will be updated.

Let me know if this helps.

Edited by rmusic

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

2008-01-29: I-130 Sent

2008-09-15: I-130 Approved

National Visa Center

2008-09-15: Case received at NVC

2008-11-03: CASE COMPLETE

Done Done Done Done Done

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Any Vermont Service Center February filer who got their I-130 approved without any congressman help or expedites process?

Vermont site shows I-130 for spouse visa still shows July 2007 date but I have seen/heard some people for Sept and Oct filers got approval without any help so it seems like they are working on other months files but just not sure where is the process right now.

I have filed in February and still waiting for I-130 approval please everyone from Vermont Service Center filers join me and share your experience and ideas.

Please reply my post with anyone who has filed I-130 in Vermont Center and has any info to share with all of us.

Thank You.

CR-1 Visa filed @ Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2007-12-05

USCIS

01-11-2008 I-130 Mailed

09-11-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC:

9-16-08: NVC Received case from USCIS

02-19-09 Left NVC to BOM Consulate

BOM Consulate:

03-05-09 Interview Date

03-05-09 Visa Received (Yes Finally!!!!)

POE

03-09-2009: POE- New York

03-11-2009: Applied for SSN

03-17-2009: Received SSN

03-25-2009: Applied for Driver Licence

03-30-2009: Received Driver Licence

03-23-2009: Received "Welcome Letter"

03-30-2009: Green Card Received

USCIS I-751 Process

12-24-2010 Applied for Condition Removal

xx-xx-2011 NOA receipt date

xx-xx-2011 Biometrics appointment (Fingerprints)

xx-xx-2011 Interview

xx-xx-2011 Approval Notice

xx-xx-2011 Green Card Mailed (Approved for 10 years)

USCIS N-400 Process

12-22-2011 Applied for Citizenship

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

waitingforever

I also filed back in february, and I have heard nothing NADA, I lost any hope of getting approved any soon, So I decided to travel and see my wife, it has been 6 months that we are separated and I had enough from Vermont center and their slow and non professional treatment of our case holding our lives in their hands, I will not let them ruin my life that is why i am not relying on them to approve any soon.

I know a close freind of mine who filed in september 2007, Vermont center also, and was just approved this month so it took them almost 10 months to approve. That is why I say that they may start to approve february fillers like us till october or november. I wish I could be more optimistic but it is always better to expect the worst than hold your hopes on this 3rd world like bureaucracy...

Anyway I wish you all the best and good luck to get your case approved very soon, I will be very happy for you..

TiMeLiNe

----------USCIS-----------------------------------------------

02/06/08 sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

02/08/08 Package received at the Chicago Lockbox

02/25/08 NOA1 received

08/26/08 Case transfered from VSC to CSC

09/01/08 touch

09/23/08 touch

09/23/08 NOA2 notice received by e-mail

09/24/08 another touch after approval

------------------------NVC------------------------------------

09/29/08 NVC received

10/05/08 DS3032 and AOS bill generated and mailed

10/29/08 Case Completed at NVC

.[/color]

Timeline

Hi all feb filers...anyone got any news from VSC? I am seeing some ppl getting their files moved and getting I130 approved...it seems like VSC is moving...finally date is updated to Sept 2007 from July.

Hope all of keep updating this thread.

Thanks!

CR-1 Visa filed @ Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2007-12-05

USCIS

01-11-2008 I-130 Mailed

09-11-2008 I-130 Approved

NVC:

9-16-08: NVC Received case from USCIS

02-19-09 Left NVC to BOM Consulate

BOM Consulate:

03-05-09 Interview Date

03-05-09 Visa Received (Yes Finally!!!!)

POE

03-09-2009: POE- New York

03-11-2009: Applied for SSN

03-17-2009: Received SSN

03-25-2009: Applied for Driver Licence

03-30-2009: Received Driver Licence

03-23-2009: Received "Welcome Letter"

03-30-2009: Green Card Received

USCIS I-751 Process

12-24-2010 Applied for Condition Removal

xx-xx-2011 NOA receipt date

xx-xx-2011 Biometrics appointment (Fingerprints)

xx-xx-2011 Interview

xx-xx-2011 Approval Notice

xx-xx-2011 Green Card Mailed (Approved for 10 years)

USCIS N-400 Process

12-22-2011 Applied for Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.