His Glory

155A/155B

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to post so many times for little things, please be patient with me because im a little insane right now. :wacko: Im going through everything and trying to tie any loose ends up. Through london my husband will not need a datv if he has a 155A/155B visa packet. Will they give that to him at the time of issuing his visa, if he is approved?

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is what I found

A valid U.S. immigrant visa packet (form 155A/155B)is a 'valid visa for DATV exemption purposes

Source

The K3 is not an immigrant visa so I am not sure about the visa requirements on that end. But it also says this:

Passengers exempt from the DATV requirement

Holders of certain documents are, regardless of nationality, exempt from the requirement to hold a Direct Airside Transit Visa when transiting the UK.

A transit passenger is not required to hold a transit visa if he holds or a person with whom he arrives in the United Kingdom holds on his behalf:

a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from another country or territory to the country in respect of which the visa is held;

My suggestion: call the British consulate in Accra and ask them.

All this transit visa stuff is why direct flights are the way to go :thumbs:

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thanks zee. i did try calling the consulate there but i never got through. and al the ticket prices for delta and the other straight through are very expensive. I live in cali. if I was in new your it would be different..plus I only flew once and with was with BA and since im traveling alone to GHana I know what to expect with BA. I did love all their free stuff and personal tvs with all the channels and movies. the prices that I have seen have been 1300 for ba and 1600 for delta

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline

I will have four questions:

1. Here is what I want to know...It seems that the form 155a/155b is the sealed yellow envelope whose top left corner is cut off with scissors and this envelope, from what I can see, contains the documents that you submitted to the embassy in the first place. I've received an immigrant visa on my passport, but why is this envelope called the visa?

2. It seems that there are no additional documents in the envelope then what I submitted to the embassy...Has anybody seen what is inside that envelope? Do they let you keep what's inside the envelope or they take it from you at the POE?

3. How long after you enter the US does your green card get mailed to you?

4. If you enter the US with your immigrant visa but want to leave the US before your green card gets mailed to you, do other countries such as Canada and Mexico recognize the endorsed immigrant visa stamp on your passport as green card and let you enter without a visa? Also, will the US let you back in with that already endorsed visa page? Or should you wait for your green card to arrive before traveling abroad?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.