amerasianlove

HELP!!!!why my case isnt touched by uscis?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:help: we sent the k1 visa petition on October and we got our NOA1 on Nov.9 and everyday im checking my account on uscis they touched our case last Nov.28,2007 . My concern is, i have read some November filers here on vj and their case were touched 3 or 4 times already..My question is..Why it seems like they dont touch or update our case?

I get a lil nervous now. :wacko::help:

:help: we sent the k1 visa petition on October and we got our NOA1 on Nov.9 and everyday im checking my account on uscis they touched our case last Nov.28,2007 . My concern is, i have read some November filers here on vj and their case were touched 3 or 4 times already..My question is..Why it seems like they dont touch or update our case?

I get a lil nervous now. :wacko::help:

mayumi_anthony,

Touches (or lack of) don't mean much - many petitions are not 'touched' until they are actually approved (ours was this way). It can be nerve-wracking to see others being touched while yours is not, but it doesn't mean you're being 'left behind' or that others are 'ahead' of you. Your timeline shows a possible adjudication date - stick with that as a general guide. :thumbs:

Yeah - I wouldn't panic - we went five months without a touch then got a couple before getting approved - I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know i shouldnt be thinking and get worried now but i just cant help!

This forum is such a big help to me,making me feel im not alone and getting impatient sometimes :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

"Touching" is meaningless and no big deal. Some petitions get 'touched" and others never do. It only indicates someone had your petition in their hands and made note of it on the database. What truly counts are NOAs (yeah!) and RFEs (Boo!) :)

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My petition didnt even get touched once whilst it was in the hands of VSC. The only time the status changed from notice of receipt was when I got approved, so you have nothing to worry about.

My K1 Timeline

06 09 2007 I-129F sent to VSC

08 09 2007 I-129F received by VSC

11 09 2007 NOA1

13 09 2007 Check cashed

16 01 2008 NOA2 (126 days since NOA1)

31 01 2008 Packet 3 received

06 03 2008 Packet 3 sent to Embassy (I took my sweet time gathering documents)

14 03 2008 Packet 4 Received

09 04 2008 Interview APPROVED

18 04 2008 Visa in hand :0)

22 07 2008 POE JFK (EAD stamp given without even asking)

02 08 2008 Wedding

AOS

18 08 2008 AOS sent

21 08 2008 AOS received at Chicago lock box

11 09 2008 Biometrics

25 09 2008 Case transfered to CSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.