James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
James, Congratulations on your approval. Kez kept asking if you had been approved yet, right up to the end. I only wish she was here to see this for herself.

Congrats again you have had a long long wait.

Jon

Jon,

Who knows, maybe Kezzie is our little VJ angel up there, trying to help all of us along on this journey. Lord knows how much she relished all the good news that was posted here, or how much she supported those who were having tough times. One can never have too many angels.

This really is a side note, but I'll never forget on our church wedding day, I looked up to the sky and said, "Dad, (who had passed away 4 months before our wedding) all I want as a wedding wedding gift are Gustavo's papers". Gustavo and I had been home from our reception for 15 minutes and we were still in our wedding clothes. My mother said, "Will you guys go get the mail"? We walked to the mail box and lo and behold, there were the three envelopes from USCIS for work authorization, advanced parole, and adjustment of status. It truly was amazing. I looked to the heavens and said, "Thanks, Pop!" :innocent:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
James, Congratulations on your approval. Kez kept asking if you had been approved yet, right up to the end. I only wish she was here to see this for herself.

Congrats again you have had a long long wait.

Jon

Thanks, Jon. You are truly blessed to have had someone like Kezzie in your life.

Meh

Filed: Timeline

Congatulations James! You were the quasi-king of the losers list after all. One year and one month? Just like us..

You played it safe by getting the I-551 stamp, since your wife is headed on a trip...

Not sure how reliable the USPS is in Miami...is theft of USPS mail an issue there? There was an interesting thing on 20/20 about it some time ago.

My wife will be applying for citizenship in July, exactly 3 years after her original entry (yeah, we are relishing her 10-year green card for a whole 3 months!). We decided to use our IRS government rebate check to help pay for it (if it comes, and if we get anything) It takes about 8 -10 months through the San Antonio office here in Texas. You can even bring it in by 2 months if you get an early swearing in date. The times just have to line up right.

An interesting tid-bit. The 10 year green card expiration date is from the date it is issued, not from your original "anniversary date".

And we never got that approval notice in the paper mail...just the green card.

If you are not a savvy internet user you have no idea its coming. When we got ours in the mail, I nearly tossed it out as it was stuffed between the flyer coupons....:)

Edited by kalstravels

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Yay! Claudia just called me after her InfoPass -- the officer told her that according to the computer, we were approved yesterday and should be getting the approval email in a couple of days and the card a week after that.

FINALLY! punkrh2.gif I won't believe it (or update us in the list), though, until I see the email.

Too bad we couldn't find this out before the InfoPass. InfoPass appointments in Miami are "appointments" only in the most generic, loosely used form of the word. She arrived about ten minutes before her appointed time of 10:00 a.m. They didn't see her until 11:30. Plus, even though the office is six miles north of downtown, she STILL had to pay $10 for parking in the lot for the place! She did get a 12-month stamp for her trouble, though, just in case . . . .

Karnac said the 15th, and lo and behold you found out on the 15th, and no James I am NOT your ajudication officer, had I been you would have been approved a long time ago and all the brickbats would have turned into boquets. Best wishes on your quas-nearly official approval, and I fully understand your wanting to be doubting Thomas on this latest wrinkle.

Now for you other anxious TSC-VSC transferees for a small fee you too could receive a prediction from Karnac, although I suspect too many of you were not born when Johnny Carson was the host of the tonight show.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yay! Claudia just called me after her InfoPass -- the officer told her that according to the computer, we were approved yesterday and should be getting the approval email in a couple of days and the card a week after that.

FINALLY! punkrh2.gif I won't believe it (or update us in the list), though, until I see the email.

Too bad we couldn't find this out before the InfoPass. InfoPass appointments in Miami are "appointments" only in the most generic, loosely used form of the word. She arrived about ten minutes before her appointed time of 10:00 a.m. They didn't see her until 11:30. Plus, even though the office is six miles north of downtown, she STILL had to pay $10 for parking in the lot for the place! She did get a 12-month stamp for her trouble, though, just in case . . . .

James,

This is an unofficial YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :dance::dance::dance: . About "unofficial" time. I've been checking on here to see if you got your approval. Congratunofficialations :thumbs:

I hope everyone on the Loser board gets their approval.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

I've been coming back to this thread just to see if James got approved. Finalmente! Felicitaciones!

I can't believe that the Miami office charges for parking and doesn't keep appointments on time. I have often thought it unfortunate that everyone could not have the same level of service that we get in San Antonio where the parking is free, the appointments are actually appointments and local petitions are handled in a timely manner. If one office can do it, why can't they all do it?

Unidos en los E.U. y estamos muy felices.

Timeline

James Wonderful news PLease let us know when you get the email...........

:thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs::dance:

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

Thanks, all. Yes, jsouthwick, Karnak did call it -- kind of, heh heh. At this point, it's not the fact of approval that's important but getting the freakin' card since travel plans are set for about three weeks from now. Oh, well, at least we have the stamp. I hope that's not a problem when Claudia reenters the country with just the stamp and they look up in the computer and ask her where the green card she was issued is. Probably not, but who knows . . . .

Meh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Thanks, all. Yes, jsouthwick, Karnak did call it -- kind of, heh heh. At this point, it's not the fact of approval that's important but getting the freakin' card since travel plans are set for about three weeks from now. Oh, well, at least we have the stamp. I hope that's not a problem when Claudia reenters the country with just the stamp and they look up in the computer and ask her where the green card she was issued is. Probably not, but who knows . . . .

Seriously I don’t even think that customs at the airport have that kind of info… what can I tell you!!! The miscommunication between them is incredible absurd… So James I won’t worry about it for now….

For me, On June 6 will be my First NOA anniversary… how cute he???? Wonder what would be my present this year???? Maybe…. A trip to immigration in a couple of weeks! NICE! So….. Here I am, almost a year and no freaking news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously… this is pissing me off!!!!!! The only hope is that maybe I am approved just like you but they haven’t send me the email????? NOOOOOOOOOOOO… that would be too much to bear for me!!!! LOL!!!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Timeline

Karnak predicts Smartie around the 26th of May, BBrudi and Cassie June 3rd, BBan 6/26 & Imailin Juy 1.

Timeline

Once you get the official e-mail notice, then you should have the card in your hot little hands within a week, some folks have received their cards in as little as 4 days, but count on a week to 10 days. Best wishes, and sorry we won't be seeing you on the N-400 toteboard.

Timeline

Once you get the official e-mail notice, then you should have the card in your hot little hands within a week, some folks have received their cards in as little as 4 days, but count on a week to 10 days. Best wishes, and sorry we won't be seeing you on the N-400 toteboard.

A few of the NSC Losers were verbally told they were approved but did not receive the email (let alone the card) until 2-3 weeks after the date they had been told they were approved. So I can believe that the IO at the InfoPass was correct in telling us we had been approved, but was only guessing when he said we should receive the email in a couple of days. We'll see!

Edit: I meant to add, we'll probably pop up on the N400 board at some point. I just don't know when.

Edited by James

Meh

Timeline

A few of the NSC Losers were verbally told they were approved but did not receive the email (let alone the card) until 2-3 weeks after the date they had been told they were approved. So I can believe that the IO at the InfoPass was correct in telling us we had been approved, but was only guessing when he said we should receive the email in a couple of days. We'll see!

Edit: I meant to add, we'll probably pop up on the N400 board at some point. I just don't know when.

Yeah, and even though you and your family are probably sick of the whole process, I would respectfully suggest that once you get the carta verde you file the N-400 as they are not any faster getting that out than our previous experiences with USCIS. My wife was hesitant at first but appreciates the ease of travel on an American passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.