mamajo

Police Certificate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

A question for the forum, what happens if a country does not issue Police Certificate - or have capacity to do it? Does this affect the K-1 Visa process? Will the K-1 Visa be denied if a country doesn't issue it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the same situation-rumor has it that the consulate that issues the visa will know which countries do not and will waive the requirement.

Right now I have emailed the consulate in the Philippines(mine) and am waiting for a response from them on this issue.

I will post when I get some definate answer.

Mike and Mely

Met online -6/10/07

Met in Philippines-11/10/07

I-129F mailed -11/23/07

NOA2 -5/09/08

USEM recieved -5/28/08

Medical test -6/16/08 PASSED

Interview -6/23/08 APPROVED

Visa in hand -7/04/08

Flight to USA -7/09/08

Married -7/31/08

AOS Sent -8/24/08

Biometrics -9/20/08

EAD received -11/16/08

Green Card Ordered-2/13/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
I am in the same situation-rumor has it that the consulate that issues the visa will know which countries do not and will waive the requirement.

Right now I have emailed the consulate in the Philippines(mine) and am waiting for a response from them on this issue.

I will post when I get some definate answer.

Any help you provide will be greatly appreciated!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you look on the DOS travel reciprocity website it will give you information regarding if police certificates are available and general description of the process. DO NOT expect the consulate officer to know what PC's are or are not available.... equip yourself with the appropriate information and include it in you document evidence

YMMV

Timeline

Yes obviously everyone can print out the generic information available on the state dept website about the availability of the police certificate from a particular country, whether this will satisfy the particular consulate in question is another matter, maybe-maybe not.

I think it is much wiser to contact the consulate in question and ask them how they want you to handle the situation, that way when you go for your interview, there can be no doubt they will be satisfied with what you have for them.

Mike and Mely

Met online -6/10/07

I-129F mailed -11/23/07

NOA2 -5/09/08

USEM recieved -5/28/08

Visa in hand -7/04/08

Flight to USA -7/09/08

Married -7/31/08

AOS Sent -8/24/08

Biometrics -9/20/08

EAD received -11/16/08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
I'm in a similar situation. One is, the UAE apparently only issues police certificates when you're physically in the country. I'm also having problems obtaining an Egyptian police certificate and haven't been able to get a proper answer in that regard, so I keep trying to get in touch with the embassy, so far, unfortunately, without success. :( Guess I'll have to keep trying...

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Timeline

Yes I emailed my embassy in question about 5 weeks ago, but on thier website it says to allow 4-6 weeks for a response!

If that doesnt work I will switch tactics and call them.

Mike and Mely

Met online -6/10/07

I-129F mailed -11/23/07

NOA2 -5/09/08

USEM recieved -5/28/08

Visa in hand -7/04/08

Flight to USA -7/09/08

Married -7/31/08

AOS Sent -8/24/08

Biometrics -9/20/08

EAD received -11/16/08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.