metinil

POE Int'l Airport, can't do JFK for EAD

7 posts in this topic

I want to be able to get an EAD at my POE. I've read that this can be done at JFK. I would be flying from Canada and believe that my POE would be the international airport I fly out of. All the other times I've visited the US I've cleared customs in Vancouver. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions on how to get around this? I'm sure it doesn't hurt to ask for the EAD at any POE, but it's a matter of it being granted, which it sounds like only happens at JFK.

Thanks!

ROC Journey:

01/19/11 I-751 & ROC package sent via USPS Priority

01/21/11 Package delivered to California Service Center

01/25/11 Check cashed

03/07/11 Biometrics

04/14/11 Approval Notice Date

04/18/11 Approval Notice Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FAQ:

5.5)...Is there any way I can make absolutely, positively sure that my fiance(e) will receive work authorization so that they can go to work and help to pay the bills right away?

A..No.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-enter.html#5.5

NOTE K-1 is "Work Auth" primarily to be able to get the SSN, some states are strict in their interpretation of a federal law that requires persons applying for a "license" to have SSN, this can cause a problem with marriage license if only one person has SSN and the other (the K-1 holder) does not.

K-1 is NOT a work visa, it is a marriage visa.

If work is your priority then marriage first and then apply for a CR-1 visa, CR-1 is an immigrant visa that is work authorized by the green-card issued immediately upon entry.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, your only chance is to ask for the stamp going through the PFI in Vancouver.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

vancouver has given the stamp out... just ask.

Thanks, that gives me some hope!

ROC Journey:

01/19/11 I-751 & ROC package sent via USPS Priority

01/21/11 Package delivered to California Service Center

01/25/11 Check cashed

03/07/11 Biometrics

04/14/11 Approval Notice Date

04/18/11 Approval Notice Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
I want to be able to get an EAD at my POE. I've read that this can be done at JFK. I would be flying from Canada and believe that my POE would be the international airport I fly out of. All the other times I've visited the US I've cleared customs in Vancouver. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions on how to get around this? I'm sure it doesn't hurt to ask for the EAD at any POE, but it's a matter of it being granted, which it sounds like only happens at JFK.

Thanks!

The 90 workstamp is not even worth getting in my opinion,you can however give it a shot.

I got mine in JFK and did not get my SSN# intime so I could not make any use out of it.

Thanks!

The 90 workstamp is not even worth getting in my opinion,you can however give it a shot.

I got mine in JFK and did not get my SSN# intime so I could not make any use out of it.

??? Quite the blanket statement based on your UNIQUE experience.

For the sake of balance, here's my experience:

EA Stamp at JFK. Applied for SS # in Los Angeles, 15 days into my life in the US, received SS Card one week later. IN other words, less than a month in I had everything I needed. I am sure others have similar tales.

Furthermore, I might that if we had filed for AOS asap (difficult due to 2 week wait for certified California marriage certificate), there would have been a decent chance of having a very short or no gap between EA Stamp/I-94 expiry and receipt of real EAD.

Finally, you do NOT need a SS # to start working. You just need it before they can pay you - so if there is a delay in getting the #, your salary could be held back. In fact, the employer cannot ask for your SS # during the interview, read the I-9 instructions. It is enough to say that you have applied for it.

Cheerio

Edited by Johnnie Oz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.