Vann

Just Got Married....Now What?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello again, everyone! My baby finally came in and we were recently married on January 28 on the K1 Fiance Visa. My question now is...where do we go from here? We have our marriage forms and I keep hearing about an AOS. What is this and what forms do I apply and where?

Do I need to simply mail in my marriage forms or is there something else?

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

September 25, 2006: Our first kiss :P

September 27, 2006: I proposed to her in person and she accepted! :)

December 20, 2006: Mailed I-129 K1 petition to Texas service Center

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

February 26, 2007: NOA1

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 23, 2007: Frantically prepared documents FedExed

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Interview date: after 8 agonising hours--APPROVED!!! :D

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

January 28, 2008: Marriage

Filed: Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Now you shell out the big bucks.

Make sure you have proof of a legitimate relationship.... add your wife to your utilities, the lease/mortgage, have wedding pictures ready, etc.

"$930 plus a biometrics fee of $80; the fee total is $1,010." (from USCIS)

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

....Wow. I feel quite overwhelmed right now. I remember quite a few people always telling me things like "AOS is the easier part of the VISA process" but if anything--I'm overwhelmed and confused than ever. Am I just overanalyzing something? I'm very confused now.

From the sounds of it I have to pay out over $1,000 in fees???

Also, the info lists were confusing me about my fiance's work permit.

Do we file for this separately from this AOS package? My spouse wants to work right away. Please someone help clear some of this up.

My spouse and I are very stressed now. :unsure:

December 5, 2005: We met online and our lives changed--instant connection, became best friends

May 15, 2006: She is put on temporary hold from her job and asks me if I could hold on for her in the event she didn't get the job back. I said "yes, of course" and she finally proclaimed her love to me and admitted she'd loved me since February.

September 25, 2006: I land in Manila airport and rush into my baby's arms for the first time. We were both surprised to realise we were NOT nervous.

January 15, 2007: Petition returned to me rejected :/ (placed wrong amount on check--duh!)

Febrary 10, 2007: Resubmitted the petition adding updated info pages and a CORRECT check

May 28, 2007: I land in Manila on our anniversary and we feel whole and complete yet again :)

June 20, 2007: NOA2 which said it would take six months for an interview (Dunno why it said that)

August 4, 2007: My baby receives Packet 4 unexpectedly out of nowhere--the frantic cramming begins

August 30, 2007: My baby has a long two days at St. Lukes but checks out fine! :)

September 6, 2007: Plans for her arrival in January 2008 for our wedding are established! :)

Timeline

Is there anyone who can help explain some of this in more detail? I would really appreciate it. The soonest I would have time to contact USCIS would be Wednesday but I would love it if I could get some info now from someone who has already went through this AOS process.

Even with the checklist it all sounds so intricate and confusing.

Someone please help. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Is there anyone who can help explain some of this in more detail? I would really appreciate it. The soonest I would have time to contact USCIS would be Wednesday but I would love it if I could get some info now from someone who has already went through this AOS process.

Even with the checklist it all sounds so intricate and confusing.

Someone please help. :wacko:

Nothing complicated about it, just follow the AOS guide, and if you want to work and/or travel wile waiting for AOS, you file I-765 and/or I-131 along with the I-485.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You asked about her being able to work and the I-765 portion of the AOS accomplishes that. No, she can't work right away, the timelines are roughly 3 months depending on the service centre, but it allows her to work while waiting for the Green card (GC).

As mentioned above, the guides are really helpful and you can alway feel free to ask questions here in the forum!

Good luck

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

First step is to print out the forms I-485, I-765 and I-131 with their accompanying instructions.

Read through the forms and instructions. Try to fill them out. If you run into a question that you are not sure of, ask in this forum as there will be a lot of VJers who will be most willing to help.

Most importanly, don't get stressed out. You can take on anything that now you two are together. :)

Edited by eau_xplain

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.