w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Hillary: People who refuse to buy health insurance may have wages garnished

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Another good response on Democratic Underground:

I, for one, would happily pay a tax for guaranteed single-payer healthcare, but am very much against being forced to purchase insurance from a private corporation that will cut corners and deny claims to pad their bottom line.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree, I don't get the idea of using the current insurance system to create Universal Health Care. It's like taking the worst aspects of both systems to create a new one.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

The average cost of insurance for an American who is not covered by their employer is over $300 a month. THREE HUNDRED. Wages in many parts of the USA are far lower than in the UK yet NI was MUCH lower than the equivalent 150 quid (in exchange rate). Suddenly start taking $300 a month or a similar figure out of someone's wages who only earns say $1500 a month and you are going to have MAJOR problems.

NI in the UK covers unemployment, pension AND healthcare for a far lower fee. Plus we don't have all the pre-pays and co-pays, dental is included (for the most part for adults and completely for kids) and you can go to the doctors when ever you bloody well want as many times as you want. Not all insurance in the USA does that, especially if you're on the lower end of the affordability spectrum.

Simple fact here Dev is you are pro Hillary and will never agree with anyone who isn't. That's nothing to get all knicker twisty waddy about, it's just the way things are. *shrugs* Now, where's my bagel gone? I'm hungry.

:lol:

Was that a personal dig? It certainly isn't the mod speaking! :wacko:

You resort to name-calling when I ask a simple question about NI in the UK. Then you bring my political candidate into it. Pathetic.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The average cost of insurance for an American who is not covered by their employer is over $300 a month. THREE HUNDRED. Wages in many parts of the USA are far lower than in the UK yet NI was MUCH lower than the equivalent 150 quid (in exchange rate). Suddenly start taking $300 a month or a similar figure out of someone's wages who only earns say $1500 a month and you are going to have MAJOR problems.

NI in the UK covers unemployment, pension AND healthcare for a far lower fee. Plus we don't have all the pre-pays and co-pays, dental is included (for the most part for adults and completely for kids) and you can go to the doctors when ever you bloody well want as many times as you want. Not all insurance in the USA does that, especially if you're on the lower end of the affordability spectrum.

Simple fact here Dev is you are pro Hillary and will never agree with anyone who isn't. That's nothing to get all knicker twisty waddy about, it's just the way things are. *shrugs* Now, where's my bagel gone? I'm hungry.

You resort to name-calling when I ask a simple question about NI in the UK. Then you bring my political candidate into it. Pathetic.

Nope, no personal dig at all, once more you are perceiving personal slights were none exist. My point was that you clearly get emotional about Hillary and, sometimes, I just think things aren't worth getting twisty knicker syndrome for because the pro-Hillary and the anti-Hillary brigades will never agree.

That's all.

Nope, no personal dig at all, once more you are perceiving personal slights were none exist. My point was that you clearly get emotional about Hillary and, sometimes, I just think things aren't worth getting twisty knicker syndrome for because the pro-Hillary and the anti-Hillary brigades will never agree.

That's all.

Right. This is because we are SO.TIGHT, right? :wacko:

Not just healthcare my sweet.

Another gem from Democratic Underground:

This individual mandate stuff is ####### ... The plan, force everyone to buy their overpriced plans. Make the health insurance fat cats even fatter.

Nothing will change until we go to a single payer system. You cannot force mothers working two jobs to buy health insurance when they can barely afford their rent, utilities, groceries and putting clothes on their kids' backs.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Clothing will change until we go to a single payer system. You cannot force mothers working two jobs to buy health insurance when they can barely afford their rent, utilities, groceries and putting clothes on their kids' backs.[/i]

Exactly. If you are going to bring in mandatory health insurance then make it affordable. Make it $50 a month or something like that, not the full price insurance that would have to be paid at the moment. Even the state health insurance programs are pricey.

Edited by Mags

Ok, enough Democratic Underground. Here is what the right-wingers on Free Republic have to say:

We are already seeing that in MA and VT where this has been tried that people are willing to pay the fines to avoid having to pay for expensive coverage and coverage prices are not going down. In VT, where this has been in place for somewhere closer to a decade, the state is annually in fiscal crisis because the Howard Dean solution is more expensive that expected (shocking!!) and they are raising taxes to cover it. In MA, people are just taking the fine which will likely have to be raised to match the cost of the insurance to change the consumer/taxpayer behavior.

But boy don’t these all sound great on TV until you actually have to put them into practice!

Welcome to the USSA, comrade. You must learn to love Big Sister.

Old Commies die but Hillarious lives on.

I am all for a 100% income tax on any politician who votes for such a bill.

How’s her Heinous going to “garnish” the wages of legal and illegal immigrants who work off the books? Of course she won’t touch them

There is some hope for those who live near the southern border. I predict that if we get stuck with socialized medicine, Mexico will become the center of medical excellence for the Americas as American doctors move there to practice. It will be like the US is the salvation today for the Canadians who are being rationed to death by their socialized system.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I, for one, would happily pay a tax for guaranteed single-payer healthcare, but am very much against being forced to purchase insurance from a private corporation that will cut corners and deny claims to pad their bottom line.

Exactly. Garnishing someone's wages to pay for a profit based system would be the worst kind of healthcare system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is the #1 reason why, if she were the only candidate on the ballot, I wouldn't vote for her.

Either the gov't needs to provide the healthcare, or it stays the hell out of it.

As it always happens, the people who don't qualify as truely "poor", but who are living paycheck to paycheck are the ones who will get screwed by this. Any extra dollars out of their pay for healthcare or whatever means that someone doesn't eat or some utility doesn't get paid.

Not to mention that the government putting their sticky fingers directly into my paycheck in the form of garnishments is just creepy and a bad precedent.

I agree.

It's startng to sound like you might vote for McCain. :unsure:

Exactly. Garnishing someone's wages to pay for a profit based system would be the worst kind of healthcare system corporate welfare.

There, fixed that for you. But what other than more corporate welfare do really you expect from the establishment?

Another good post on Democratic Underground:

Just look at what happened with mandatory auto insurance. It was promised that if everyone had to have insurance rates would be significant lower for everyone, if everyone had insurance; what we saw instead is that auto insurance rates have continued to go up and up and up with no end in sight.

What mandatory insurance does either health or auto is it lets the insurance companies gouge everyone. They know that with mandatory insurance that you realistically have no place to go. Yes they might lose your business to another gouging company, but they will likely gain just as many back who are dissatisfied with the other companies.

For profit companies MUST constantly increase their rates to generate higher and higher profits for their share holders. It's their sole purpose under the law. As long as for profit companies are involved your rates WILL continue to rise each and every year of your life.

Mandatory coverage is not the answer. Single payer is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

100%, me three!

This is the #1 reason why, if she were the only candidate on the ballot, I wouldn't vote for her.

Either the gov't needs to provide the healthcare, or it stays the hell out of it.

As it always happens, the people who don't qualify as truely "poor", but who are living paycheck to paycheck are the ones who will get screwed by this. Any extra dollars out of their pay for healthcare or whatever means that someone doesn't eat or some utility doesn't get paid.

Not to mention that the government putting their sticky fingers directly into my paycheck in the form of garnishments is just creepy and a bad precedent.

I agree.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

knicker twisty waddy.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!