w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Hillary: People who refuse to buy health insurance may have wages garnished

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Another good response on Democratic Underground:

I, for one, would happily pay a tax for guaranteed single-payer healthcare, but am very much against being forced to purchase insurance from a private corporation that will cut corners and deny claims to pad their bottom line.

Exactly. Garnishing someone's wages to pay for a profit based system would be the worst kind of healthcare system.

Yes it would. Wouldn't be all that much different from the current system - except people will be forced to suck the corporate teat. I think that would be pretty much the worst for people on low/limited incomes.

Exactly.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More wisdom from Democratic Underground:

If you vote for her and she becomes president I hope you remember you voted for her when you are sitting in the dark one night because you couldn't pay the light bill because of the "universal health care deduction" she had taken from your paycheck.

The only difference between oligarchy and communism is that in oligarchy the state is the corporation.

And she serves the state/corporation well.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
More wisdom from Democratic Underground:

If you vote for her and she becomes president I hope you remember you voted for her when you are sitting in the dark one night because you couldn't pay the light bill because of the "universal health care deduction" she had taken from your paycheck.

The only difference between oligarchy and communism is that in oligarchy the state is the corporation.

And she serves the state/corporation well.

If HC seriously intends to push something like that it will prove that she's a wolf in sheep's clothing and a sell-out to corporate america. Still it can hardly be something to campaign on - you can't make health insurance mandatory without at least trying to lower the costs.

Would people vote for that? You'd have to be crazy to, IMO.

Then again... GWB could hardly be described as "representative" of the general public.

Edited by Number 6

Then again... GWB could hardly be described as "representative" of the general public.

You edited before I could post it....

People were crazy enough to elect GWB, is what I was gonna post.... lol

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

You edited before I could post it....

People were crazy enough to elect GWB, is what I was gonna post.... lol

Seriously - that man isn't even slightly representative of the people who voted for him. Which begs the question... why did people vote for him.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If HC seriously intends to push something like that it will prove that she's a wolf in sheep's clothing and a sell-out to corporate america.

Of course she isn't a sell out to Corporate America. Just look at the good she did for all those Wal-Mart employees by ensuring they got a union those many moons ago.

Oh.

:wacko:

Edited by Mags

Timeline
If HC seriously intends to push something like that it will prove that she's a wolf in sheep's clothing and a sell-out to corporate america.

Of course she isn't a sell out to Corporate America. Just look at the good she did for all those Wal-Mart employees by ensuring they got a union those many moons ago.

Oh.

:wacko:

That's nothing - after her '93 healthcare proposal fell through, she became one of the largest recipients of financial donations from the private healthcare industry.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The average cost of insurance for an American who is not covered by their employer is over $300 a month. THREE HUNDRED. Wages in many parts of the USA are far lower than in the UK yet NI was MUCH lower than the equivalent 150 quid (in exchange rate). Suddenly start taking $300 a month or a similar figure out of someone's wages who only earns say $1500 a month and you are going to have MAJOR problems.

NI in the UK covers unemployment, pension AND healthcare for a far lower fee. Plus we don't have all the pre-pays and co-pays, dental is included (for the most part for adults and completely for kids) and you can go to the doctors when ever you bloody well want as many times as you want. Not all insurance in the USA does that, especially if you're on the lower end of the affordability spectrum.

Simple fact here Dev is you are pro Hillary and will never agree with anyone who isn't. That's nothing to get all knicker twisty waddy about, it's just the way things are. *shrugs* Now, where's my bagel gone? I'm hungry.

I was paying $585 a month to cover Andre. I cried the day he got health insurance through work.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Wow that's a heinous amount of money....

Through work I only pay about $220 a month for both me and the wife. That includes medical, dental and vision...

Of course we don't have / haven't had any health problems. If we do - no doubt that will go up...

Through work I only pay about $220 a month for both me and the wife. That includes medical, dental and vision...

Of course we don't have / haven't had any health problems. If we do - no doubt that will go up...

Your premiums shouldn't. You pay a group rate, your rates will change when the group rate changes.

Timeline

Your premiums shouldn't. You pay a group rate, your rates will change when the group rate changes.

That's cool - we can still be "pre-existing conditioned" of course.

Just for the first year.

Not if you're currently healthy with no pre-existing conditions :lol: