Sprailenes

Why don't girls get along with girls?

52 posts in this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Men engage in the same petty jealousies that women do - they just go about them in a different way

Yeah we have our buddies beat someone up in a dark bar while we pay off the bartender look the other way.

Men do crazy things, women say crazy things.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Like Lisa, I used to have a majority of male friends. Now almost every new friend I make is female, I've noticed. I think they feel safer as friends immediately.

That said, I have way more friends who stay good friends from high school that are male. I was trying to decide why that was, and I think it's because with girls, inevitably some sort of drama comes up that drives a wedge between you. I had a best friend for years and years but we haven't spoken in 2 and a half because of some dumb fight. I have another friend who I did everything with in college but whose wedding I didn't even attend.... I don't have any problems like that with the men who have been in my life for a long time.

Men engage in the same petty jealousies that women do - they just go about them in a different way

Yeah we have our buddies beat someone up in a dark bar while we pay off the bartender look the other way.

This is true - though I seen heterosexual men behave like gossips in a sewing circle more than a few times.

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is true - though I seen heterosexual men behave like gossips in a sewing circle more than a few times.

True, some of us guys hang out to long at the watercooler :blush:

I once had a female boss and she was the best. She never micromanaged and always went to bat for me during reviews. But there were some women that I worked with that I was not "supposed" to go eat lunch with that she did not like. That was sort of a strange time. We both parted ways years ago when she quit and I got laid off but we still keep in touch because of work related contacts.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think I started to hang out with guys in college, before that was always girls.

As for the work environment, if I could choose I'd work only with men. I don't see work people as my friends, I'll never consider them my friends, so let's be professional and talk about work when talking is necessary. I don't care about the chit chat, plus I don't give a fu!ck about what u did on your weekend, quit talking, women talk too much and they eat all the time, that annoys me.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

I dunno. I guess I must live in my own little bubble. I have male friends and I have female friends. I have close male friends and I have close female friends. There are mean people in this world of both sexes. Those people are not my friends. I think it must be an age thing, Sprailenes. And I'm obviously not in that age bracket because I don't know anyone like that. If it's not an age thing then I'm back to square one.... I live in a bubble.

iagree.gif