Jeraly

Planning Your Wedding

39 posts in this topic

Here we go:

Jeremy, today in front of our friends and family, I pledge to be your loving wife. I take you to be my husband as you are and for who you are, just as I offer myself to you as I am for all my faults and virtues. I also offer my heart and soul because I know they will be treasured by you and safe in your love. I vow to build a loving and trusting relationship, to be your companion in joy, comfort in adversity and to bring happiness and laughter into our marriage. I will cherish your company and look forward to working together to build a life of dreams and adventures. I promise that on our journey through life I will find the sunshine behind every cloud and make each day as beautiful to you as you are to me.

I love you… Always.

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perfect! Just perfect, and really lovely sentiments, too. Jeremy is a lucky man!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

:D Yeah - I am going to totally cry... I am saying my vows first so I don't blub *all* the way through them :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
But yes...my friend suggested we go and try on bridal gowns this weekend, then, when I've found a style I like, I can look on ebay/in charity shops for that style! She pointed out that when I try a dress on, it may change my feelings completely - I may feel that a big dress is what I want, or I may find I am too self-conscious in it :)

I'm sure once you start trying on gowns you'll have a better idea of the style you want. I wouldn't worry about being too overdressed though :) - at our wedding I and my family were all dressed up nicely, my mum wore a hat, and they were dressed like they would be for any wedding. Ben's family wore black pants and boring shirts, and our pastor wore shorts! I was surprised because I would always buy a nice dress for a wedding and make an effort, but at the end of the day who cares? As long as you're comfortable with what you wear it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. But like I said, once you've tried on different styles I'm sure you'll have a good idea of what you want :)

Shopping for the dress is the best part, so have fun this weekend! :D

Here we go:

Jeremy, today in front of our friends and family, I pledge to be your loving wife. I take you to be my husband as you are and for who you are, just as I offer myself to you as I am for all my faults and virtues. I also offer my heart and soul because I know they will be treasured by you and safe in your love. I vow to build a loving and trusting relationship, to be your companion in joy, comfort in adversity and to bring happiness and laughter into our marriage. I will cherish your company and look forward to working together to build a life of dreams and adventures. I promise that on our journey through life I will find the sunshine behind every cloud and make each day as beautiful to you as you are to me.

I love you… Always.

That is so beautiful.... I'm all tearful now!

But yes...my friend suggested we go and try on bridal gowns this weekend, then, when I've found a style I like, I can look on ebay/in charity shops for that style! She pointed out that when I try a dress on, it may change my feelings completely - I may feel that a big dress is what I want, or I may find I am too self-conscious in it :)

I'm sure once you start trying on gowns you'll have a better idea of the style you want. I wouldn't worry about being too overdressed though :) - at our wedding I and my family were all dressed up nicely, my mum wore a hat, and they were dressed like they would be for any wedding. Ben's family wore black pants and boring shirts, and our pastor wore shorts! I was surprised because I would always buy a nice dress for a wedding and make an effort, but at the end of the day who cares? As long as you're comfortable with what you wear it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. But like I said, once you've tried on different styles I'm sure you'll have a good idea of what you want :)

Thanks! Although I'm not sure about the fun part...I find it really, really hard to shop without feeling obligated to buy something, so I hardly ever go shopping! If a salesperson is nearby I think they're going to start pressuring me. I'm a bag full of insecurities when it comes to shopping; I always get my friend or fiancé to order for me if possible and if a person recognises me I'm out of there like a flash.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks! Although I'm not sure about the fun part...I find it really, really hard to shop without feeling obligated to buy something, so I hardly ever go shopping! If a salesperson is nearby I think they're going to start pressuring me. I'm a bag full of insecurities when it comes to shopping; I always get my friend or fiancé to order for me if possible and if a person recognises me I'm out of there like a flash.

Girl - this is YOUR day! Try a day when it's not busy (ie - not Sat) Wedding dresses are made for trying on....go in and say 'I'm just here looking for styles, not buying anything today' That will let the salesperson know what you're after...they may try the sales pitch, but just remind them again.

It's really hard going in there sometimes, because they're nerds and have dresses in size 0....I'm a 14, but I'm tall....but the dresses have to be held closed or something....that didn't give me a good idea of whatit really looked like at all :(

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I'll do my best! :thumbs:

And I know what you mean - I'm also taller than average and a typical size 10 (US) - shopping's harder when you're surrounded by 5'2 size 2s!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Rachel, I'm like that too..... tall and a US size 10. I first tried on dresses in the US and they were all tiny! They had to be held with a clip at the back like Udella&Wiz said, because they wouldn't zip up! Plus it was 100 degrees outside and the place didn't have a/c, it was horrible.

I found it different when I tried on dresses in the UK though. Most sample dresses I tried on were a UK 12 or 14, so they actually did up! The one I bought was even too big! It gave me a lot of confidence and that's where I ended up buying my dress. Granted, I only went to one store here in the US, but I hated it. I have pics of me in these dresses I tried on and I looked like a cow! Stores should have 3 samples - small, medium and large!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.