Aman Ram

DCF Processing times

57 posts in this topic

:blush: -Hi everyone This is a DFC delhi Question.

Wanted to know what peoples experience was with the time it takes from USCIS Delhi accepting your I-130 to when you got a Case# assigned to your petition. Thank you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
:sleepy: Is there anyone out there with any experice DCF delhi.

Perhaps someone in the regional forum can help you out. Also check: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

I am in the same boat as you are.... Let me know if you get some information..Will do same from my end....

Here is what I found:

FORM I-130

An immigrant visa is required of anyone who wishes to enter the United States to reside there permanently, whether or not that person plans to seek employment in the United States.

The USCIS Office in New Delhi accepts Form I-130 [Petition for Alien Relative] by U.S. citizens

filing for the immigration of their family members classifiable as “immediate relative” except siblings irrespective of any age.

Immediate Relatives:

The following relatives of U.S. citizens are eligible to qualify for immigration in the immediate relative category.

Spouse or Minor Child of a U.S. Citizen:

An Immigrant Visa may only be processed for a child if he/she has no claim to U.S. citizenship.

Parent of a U.S. Citizen :

U.S. Citizen must be 21 or over

Step-parent or child of a U.S. Citizen:

Stepparent-stepchild relationship must occur before the child’s 18th birthday

Note: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws and cousins cannot sponsor a relative for immigration.

Effective June 1, 2006, U.S. citizens who wish to file an I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) for their immediate relatives must provide evidence that they are residents of India. Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-term, valid Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the Government of India. Additional evidence should include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid in India, rent/property receipts, and utility receipts in India. In most instances a finding of residency cannot be made with less than 90 days continuous presence in India.

United States Citizens may file their petitions between 9:00 AM and 12:00 Noon on all normal business days. The Petitioners must comply with the filing requirements of this Office.

United States Citizens MUST BE PRESENT to file their petitions. If a United States Citizen is filing for a spouse, it is recommended that the spouse also appear so that immigration officials may ask any questions necessary for the adjudication of the petition.

Applicants who do not meet the above residency requirements must file their petitions in the United States with the Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence. The address for the Service Centers can be found on the petition or on the website at www.uscis.gov.

Family Petitions (I-130)

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi accepts I-130 petitions from U.S. citizens who reside in India.

U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in India, and/or are abroad temporarily as a visitor or on business, must file the petition in the United States.

If you are not eligible to file in New Delhi, you should file the petition with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center having jurisdiction over your place of residence or last residence in the United States. Lawful Permanent Residents must file the petition in the United States.

Evidence of Residence

As per 8 CFR (33) The term "residence" means the place of general abode; the place of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without regard to intent.

Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-term, valid Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the Government of India. Additional evidence should include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid in India, rent/property receipts, and utility receipts in India.

In most instances a finding of residency cannot be made with less than 90 days continuous presence in India.

Under no circumstances a petition can be filed with a foreign office of the Service or at an American consular post solely for the purpose of obtaining prompt action on a petition.

I-130 PROCESSING

Q. Who can file Form I-130 [Petition for Alien Relative] at the USCIS Office in New Delhi,

India?

A. A U.S. citizen who is a resident of India can file Form I-130 on behalf of

his/her spouse, parents and child (less than 21 years old) at this Office. Normally, a Residential Permit issued by the Government of India would suffice as proof of residence in India.

Q. What documents are required in support of the Form I-130 [Petition for Alien Relative]?

A. For Spousal Cases:

· Form I-130 completed and signed by the U.S. Citizen Petitioner

· Form G-325A completed and signed by the U.S. Citizen Petitioner

· Form G-325A completed and signed by the beneficiary

· Proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e., U.S. Passport, Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate)

· Proof of nationality of the beneficiary (i.e. Passport, birth certificate, school certificate)

· Marriage Certificate

· Proof of termination of prior marriages

· Passport size photograph for both Petitioner and Beneficiary

· Marriage Album/Photographs, if available

For Child:

· Proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e., U.S. Passport, Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate)

· Proof of nationality of the beneficiary (i.e. Passport, birth certificate, school certificate)

· Marriage Certificate of Parents

· Birth Certificate of beneficiary indicating Parents’ names

· If the child’s name was not entered at time of registration of birth, school certificate must be submitted indicating parents’/father’s name

For Parent:

· Marriage Certificate of Parents

· Birth Certificate of the Petitioner indicating Parents’ names

· If the child’s name was not entered at time of registration of birth, school certificate must be submitted indicating parents’/father’s name

Q. What is the fee and how can it be paid?

A. Please click here for the latest on Form I-130 fee. The fee must be paid in cash

to the Embassy cashier who accepts both the U.S. and Indian currency.

Q. Can I mail the Form I-130?

A. No. You are required to submit this form in person.

Q. Where is the USCIS Office located?

A. The USCIS Office is located at the American Embassy, Shantipath,

Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.

Q. Do I need an appointment to file my Form I-130?

A. No. We accept walk-ins on any business day between 0900 to 1200 hours.

Q. How much time would I require to submit my Form I-130?

A. Filing of Form I-130 at this Office is usually a one-day process. However,

please make adequate travel plans to accommodate unforeseeable events.

Q. When will my case be approved?

A. A decision is usually made within one week of the receipt of your application.

Filed: Timeline

Sahana,

that's good info, but remember that filing the I-130 and getting it accepted is ONLY the first step in the process. After that comes the gathering of supporting documents, the police certificates, medical examinations, and finally the wait for an interview at the consulate.

Good luck in your process and keep posting!!!!! :D

L.

Yep thats from the US embassy website Delhi

From what is says and my experience is That the USCIS office in Delhi will not accept your application unless you are a Indian resident at the time of Submitting your Petition So #1 you must prove you are a Indian resident

the Minimum time of stay is 90 days, stated above in Sahana Post . In most instances a finding of residency cannot be made with less than 90 days continuous presence in India. then you also need extra's FRRO is the best but they told me they will also accept Utility bills, taxes paid in india, Employer information (must be a credible agency), Bank account in india indian address, drivers license indian not international, affidavits from neighbors.

Then you need

· Form G-325A completed and signed by the U.S. Citizen Petitioner

· Form G-325A completed and signed by the beneficiary

· Marriage Certificate

· Proof of termination of prior marriages

· Passport size photograph for both Petitioner and Beneficiary

· Marriage Album/Photographs, if available

ALL this can be submitted in a walk in interview best time to go is 10am you don;t have to wait in line but you do have to wait in the back room may take an hour or so but they usually help every one. I did not see anyone get sent off because they(USCIS) were to busy but I did see them get sent off if they did not bring any one thing from the list above.

:o Getting alittle worried NOW .... I saw that VISH and a few other people got a letter form there local consuletes in two to three weeks IT's been 7 weeks and no news for us :clock: AHHHHHHHHHH whats up with this is it by consulet or just random luck. I really starting to getting a little stir crazy ^^^^

:o Getting alittle worried NOW .... I saw that VISH and a few other people got a letter form there local consuletes in two to three weeks IT's been 7 weeks and no news for us :clock: AHHHHHHHHHH whats up with this is it by consulet or just random luck. I really starting to getting a little stir crazy ^^^^

Hi Aman Ram - I feel your pain! Have you tried contacting either USCIS in Delhi or the Consulate in Mumbai? Maybe they could check around a little bit...

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

HI Carolyn yeah had called Delhi Consuler office on Feb 6 they said no case number assigned yet and to call back in three weeks if letter 3/3.5/ (let us know your ready to interveiw packet with case #) does'nt arrive so will call again next friday to see whats up if we don't hear anything :( I did check with USCIS talked with the lady that interveiwed us African Amercain nice lady on Jan 18 she said everything good on their end And as of Jan 15 or 16 can't remember it's been Approved for Filling with USCIS Delhi whatever that means cuz I thought at that point I whould get a case number. In any case I don;t see if The place we submitted the back office I think Department of Homeland Security building and its The Embassy that gives a case number The ENTERANCE building how long could it possible take to get there If People in Mubia and Chennie are getting there letters how is it possible that people whose cases staying in delhi are filled yet. WHAT CHOULD HAVE HAPPENED did someone TRIP AND LOSE MY FILE walking over from one building to the other>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOoo probelly not = Knock on wood. AHHHHHHHHH :)= feel better

Good luck Carolyn :) and everyone else man never knew you could miss someone this much :wub:

Edited by Aman Ram

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

New Delhi is the only Consulate to handle DCF ... it has lot of load of applications.. and consulates in India r the busiest all over the world now, Just dont worry . Hang in there and collect rest of the documents and certificates required.

God Bless

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Hi again Aman Ram,

Just a quick question, did you get the 3.5 packet at the USCIS office in Delhi when you submitted your I-130? We did, and if you did, it may just be that you need to submit all those required documents to the Mumbai Consulate to get an interview...

There has been some confusion for us (too many papers, too many places to find too many tidbits of information!), but we are starting to think that we should just send the forms to Chennai. As the person from the Chennai office told me - in a very vague and muddled way - Please send the FORMS ONLY from the 3.5 packet, NOT the documents...

We are going to send the DS 230 (parts I and II), the I-864 and any documents required to support it, and the DS 2001 next week. I don't want to wait and wait and wait for something that just might not show up!

As far as including Police Certificates, etc. copies, I guess that would be a 'document' so we won't send those til we get the Interview date and request to mail things through VFS 15-10 days before the date.

I am sure that whomever wrote the instructions for this process think that they are clear, but man, there are so many little things that can snag you!

Good luck to you, and keep us posted!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

OK, here is the latest correspondance with the Consulate:

From me:

I have filed my I-130 petition in Delhi (Feb. 6th) and received packet 3.5 from the USCIS officer.

1) Please tell me, exactly which forms should be sent to the Chennai Consulate to start the process to get a visa interview?

2) Also, should these forms be sent via VFS or any courier company such as Blue Dart or Fed Ex?

From Consulate:

Thanks for your inquiry. You have to send in the completed Ds230 forms and readiness for interview form.

Please send them via courier.

Visa Information Unit

Hope this helps others! :)

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

OK, here is the latest correspondance with the Consulate:

From me:

I have filed my I-130 petition in Delhi (Feb. 6th) and received packet 3.5 from the USCIS officer.

1) Please tell me, exactly which forms should be sent to the Chennai Consulate to start the process to get a visa interview?

2) Also, should these forms be sent via VFS or any courier company such as Blue Dart or Fed Ex?

From Consulate:

Thanks for your inquiry. You have to send in the completed Ds230 forms and readiness for interview form.

Please send them via courier.

Visa Information Unit

Hope this helps others! :)

Hey Carolyn-

I was not given the packet 3.5 but told it would come through the mail :unsure:

:hysterical:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.