Aman Ram

DCF Processing times

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey Amanram, hope that everything will workout for you soon..... also, I did recieve a package from Delhi when I filed, but we didn't send in cause my Immigration agent told us that we'll receive the same package from the consulate in our case from Bombay with the case number. He said that there is no point filing the forms from package 3.5 without the case number because, it'll be very hard to track it. So we waited and in about two weeks after filing we had the case number and the same package. My wife sent it back and then she now has the Interview date too....hopefully above will clear some confusion regarding the package 3.5.

Also I think residency stamp from FRRO and 60 days stay in India is enough to file from Delhi, cause in my case it was only about 64 days or so only........Also case number are assigned by the respective consulates...so for example if it's from Mumbai then you have BOM in front of you number...

Anyway....good luck to everyone and me as well....:) and congratulation Amanram on pregnancy......

if anyone have any question please don't hesitate to message me....I would surely like to help....hey Sahana sorry i wasn't able to reply soon enought...but it's good to hear that you've already filed. u should have the case number soon...........in couple of weeks hopefully.....

Hello Aman Ram.....

First of all, Congratulation on the BIG news... I pray that all turns out best for all three for you...

Thank you for your wishes, and I hope the same for your faster process..Hopefully, you can argue of this delay, and can get a interview on a faster pace....

Hope all turns out like a "Happy Ending" fairytale...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Amanram, hope that everything will workout for you soon..... also, I did recieve a package from Delhi when I filed, but we didn't send in cause my Immigration agent told us that we'll receive the same package from the consulate in our case from Bombay with the case number. He said that there is no point filing the forms from package 3.5 without the case number because, it'll be very hard to track it. So we waited and in about two weeks after filing we had the case number and the same package. My wife sent it back and then she now has the Interview date too....hopefully above will clear some confusion regarding the package 3.5.

Also I think residency stamp from FRRO and 60 days stay in India is enough to file from Delhi, cause in my case it was only about 64 days or so only........Also case number are assigned by the respective consulates...so for example if it's from Mumbai then you have BOM in front of you number...

Anyway....good luck to everyone and me as well....:) and congratulation Amanram on pregnancy......

if anyone have any question please don't hesitate to message me....I would surely like to help....hey Sahana sorry i wasn't able to reply soon enought...but it's good to hear that you've already filed. u should have the case number soon...........in couple of weeks hopefully.....

Hello Aman Ram.....

First of all, Congratulation on the BIG news... I pray that all turns out best for all three for you...

Thank you for your wishes, and I hope the same for your faster process..Hopefully, you can argue of this delay, and can get a interview on a faster pace....

Hope all turns out like a "Happy Ending" fairytale...

Any Update?

• 2 weeks later...

:P:D:jest: B) :rolleyes::wub::energy::content: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS she got it Interview on APRIL 4th Wow they messed up so I call march 18th for an update and did I ever get an update. So they send out packet 3 on the 15th and without any kinda anything scedhele the interview on the 4th then we got packet 4 on the 25th thank god for the site We had eveything ready so its all Good to GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Special thanks to Carolritsh and Shana and Vish :rofl::goofy: Good Luck guys

IT"S SO CARZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! :) :) :) :)

I am SOOOO glad to hear such good news from you!! :) We have ours on the 3rd, so hopefully by the end of this week, we will have two India DCF'ers saying: "YES! WE GOT IT!" We are currently in Chennai and Ritesh JUST phoned to say the medical stuff is all done, so one day to relax and then the interview! :)

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

Wow.......congratulations...by this time, two of you've probably cleared the interviews successfully......let us know how it went......

once again congratulations,

d*mn, I'm waiting for the 2nd may, and it seems like time has stopped for me................

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! :) :) :) :)

I am SOOOO glad to hear such good news from you!! :) We have ours on the 3rd, so hopefully by the end of this week, we will have two India DCF'ers saying: "YES! WE GOT IT!" We are currently in Chennai and Ritesh JUST phoned to say the medical stuff is all done, so one day to relax and then the interview! :)

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa (DCF Filing)

Consulate : New Delhi, India

Marriage : Dec 04, 2007

Visit New Delhi for I-130 filing : Jan 24, 2008

Packet 3.5 with case number Received : Feb 12, 2008

Packet 3.5 Sent to Mumbai consulate: Feb 14, 2008

Packet 4 Received : Feb 28, 2008

Interview Date : May 02, 2008

Visa Received :

US Entry : May 07, 2008

Comments : GOt the interview date.........it's on May 02,08

Congratulations....all preps are on for visit to US

Let us kknow the interview procedure

Wow.......congratulations...by this time, two of you've probably cleared the interviews successfully......let us know how it went......

once again congratulations,

d*mn, I'm waiting for the 2nd may, and it seems like time has stopped for me................

Edited by Sahana

Hey VISH and Sahana! :) We were successful last Thursday - for the full details check out the thread I posted in South Asia. It is applicable for Chennai, but might give some help to you guys too!

Unfortunately, AmanRam didn't fare as well.... :( I think his post is in my thread, and it looks like he has to procure more documentation - forewarned is forarmed!! I am still waiting to hear more details from him, not sure exactly what went wrong....

GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!!!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

HEY GUYS man is this some kinda wierd rollorcoster ride!!!!!!!!!!

This process is wierd- Anyways here my quick Recap on total events of what happend and where we're at so far.....

1st Did DFC at delhi I stayed the 90 days filed on Jan 2nd

2nd Waited 3 1/2 months for some kind of response. Calling every few weeks to make sure something had'nt gone wrong. Well it had (What had gone wrong I don;t know just that they kept saying we have NO INFO on your case) after 3 1/2 months On March 18 was told over the phone we were set for an interview on April 4th. By the way had'nt even gotton a packet 3 at this point........!

3rd Got packet 3 on the 20th march and packet 4 arrived on the 25th of march. GOOD JOB EMBASSY!!!! Lucky had found this site and been perparing all along Sent out Packet 3 info on March 24th :)

4th My dear wonderfull amazing wife :wub: Travels 11 hours to Delhi does the Interview Standered Q's where we met, how, my job, blah Blah BLah BLAh BLAHHHHHHHH nothing outragous there ( ohh just wait it gets good).... Interviewer says everything looks good but we need everything on this list subbmited for proof of relationship.

1.) Phonelog- E-mails- Letters sent- Wedding Certifacte-anything and everything showing our conection with each other

2.) Pre, during wedding and Post/honeymoon pics of us together

3.) Bill for wedding hall and Vendores/caterers

4.) Photo copy of my passport showing when I was in india

5.) Names Phone # and adresses of 20 guests

6.) A Family tree of both of us Parents Siblings Aunts Uncles 1stCousins and contact info OMG #######!!!!!!

******By the way did have phone bills text messages statement from insurce shes been added as a spouse to my insurence wedding and honeymoon pics wedding Cetifacate goverment and Gurdwara letters sent they already had copy of my passport**** did'nt know eveything else apparrently has been standerized???

Anyways there where 5 women on the day my wife was in delhi 4 Thats rite 4 out of 5 got told to bring more info THAS Carzy if they wanted all this why did they not let us know in advance with at least more then 2 weeks NOTICE if I had'nt called INTERVIEW LETTER ARRIVED MARCH 25TH for an APRIL 4th INTERVIEW WOW!!!!!!!!!! :ranting: all 5 women did get finger-printed and Visa fee was taken.........

So we got everything together Lucky don;t have to go back to delhi everything can be subbmitted at local VFS and they Stated it would be a quick turn around 1 week tops UMMMMMMMM WE"LL SEE I really hope though Please please PLEASE (L)

LOVE Carolyn&Rithsh VISh Shanana Good luck and god bless everyone else hope my experice helps someone

p.s AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHH!!! woooo

Hope these Apirl Showers bring May Flowers :)

Soooo good to see you back on again AmanRam!! :) I am soooo sorry you have had to go through so much extra hell with this process at every turn! BUT, it looks like you will be getting your visa soon!!!!! (I can't wait to see your next post and share in your celebrations!)

I do not understand, didn't you submit some of those things before - pics, marriage certificate? The family tree and phone numbers, wedding costs, etc. seems to be a little thing (BIG actually!) that Delhi does... :( Especially if it is a Hindu ceremony. I am convinced that because ours was under the 'Special Marriage Act', they did not require as much documentation.

This is great information for EVERYONE going through Delhi, thanks for sharing!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Oh my god......it's just so hard to imagine the hell you had to go thru, AmanRam. But seems like finally you're done.......so congratulations.......and wish you great, happy and prospouous marriage......

But now I'm so worried. I hope Bombay consulate will go easy on my wife. Also the only proof of relation i have, are wedding pics, honeymoon pics, and Phone call bills. No emails or letters........ Also, our Court marriage and Traditional marriage dates are different. And we're planning not to disclose that fact during interview. we'll just tell them everything happened on the day of the Court marriage, so if they ask for Bill for wedding hall and Vendores/caterers or list of Guests, then there's a good chance it can go very ugly for us.....................

any suggestions/information would be great.......

thanks....

Visa Received :

Hey VISH,

I wouldn't worry about the different dates for the marriages - doesn't EVERYONE know that Indian weddings are longgg processes?? ;) Seriously, if you have proof for both you should be all set! I would recommend having things like receipts of wedding halls, etc. READY for your interview! If you were married under the Hindu Marriage Act, have plenty of pics, docs, etc. - they seem to be more picky about that for some reason.

Are you still in India? If so, GO TO THE INTERVIEW! If not, would it be possible to fly back for it? I think the COs can be intimidating for anyone going in alone, even under the seemingly easiest of situations.

As far as on-going proof of relationship (or prior) gather anything you can - if you are still in India, your being here is proof, right? ;) The last thing we had in our package was our honeymoon pics from early Feb. You still have time to 'gather more evidence' - especially if you are in the US now. Write those emails, send some snail mail (oops, maybe not, the postal system might be too slow!), send those phone records!

Also, I did notice that they gave someone a 221g at the counter ahead of us, they wanted copies of EVERY PAGE of the spouse's passport. They kept mine between interviews and may have swiped it in the system to see when I had been in and out of the US since US passports don't get stamped on arrival/departure. Have copies ready if necessary - better to be safe than sorry!!

Only a few more weeks - YEAHHHH!!! :) :) :)

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

I need a suggestion:

Should we tell during the interview that the traditional wedding was on the same day as the Court Registration date, even if it's not true?? What are the chances that they might inquire more about it? I won't be able to fly back to India to be with my wife during interview, and I'm bit worried that if she'll mention that the Court registration and the Traditional wedding were on different dates than they'll just make it tough for her????

Also in the I-130 Application we mentioned the Court Registration date......

I'm Confused.......am getting more and more paranoid as the days get closer.....

Visa Received :

Reeeelax!! B)

B) I always stay with the TRUTH! You had two marriages/weddings - so what?? First of all, if they DON'T ASK, DON'T BRING IT UP! If they do ask, tell the truth with confidence!! Have your backup documents so that she feels prepared and strong going in, and DO NOT GIVE MORE INFORMATION THEN ASKED FOR!! (That is a suggestion that I read somewhere else, and I believe in it!! Answer their questions, but don't give so much that you talk yourself into a circle!)

She will be fine, now you reinforce that with her too!! Practice anything with her that you think will make her too nervous - answers shouldn't be rehearsed, but comfortable.

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

I need a suggestion:

Should we tell during the interview that the traditional wedding was on the same day as the Court Registration date, even if it's not true?? What are the chances that they might inquire more about it? I won't be able to fly back to India to be with my wife during interview, and I'm bit worried that if she'll mention that the Court registration and the Traditional wedding were on different dates than they'll just make it tough for her????

I'm Confused.......am getting more and more paranoid as the days get closer.....

Hey VISH I know where your at Take deep breaths :star: I know it will work out for you.

My opinion on the weddind date thing is same as Carolyn 1st stay calm and keep your wife calm

2nd I don;t understand why the wedding day being diff from court marrige whould be a big deal thats how ours was. I mean ofcourse there going to be diff your have your religous wedding one day (we had a cirtifacte from our gurdwara) and then you go to court after honeymoon and stuff And finialize it I mean it not like america where the ordaned minster does it ALL :blush: Its india Baby! Anyways the other reason is also just in case they do ask around you don't want signed documents biteing you later...

LOVE WILL GET US THRU it has to! It's part of it's JOB :D

thanks guys......I'll tell her to just relax........

I have another question though, do they always ask the list of people who attended the wedding or it's case by case bases?

What are the supporting documents are usually required as a proof of wedding besides the marriage certificates, pictures, may be invitation card, anything else???

I need a suggestion:

Hey VISH I know where your at Take deep breaths :star: I know it will work out for you.

My opinion on the weddind date thing is same as Carolyn 1st stay calm and keep your wife calm

2nd I don;t understand why the wedding day being diff from court marrige whould be a big deal thats how ours was. I mean ofcourse there going to be diff your have your religous wedding one day (we had a cirtifacte from our gurdwara) and then you go to court after honeymoon and stuff And finialize it I mean it not like america where the ordaned minster does it ALL :blush: Its india Baby! Anyways the other reason is also just in case they do ask around you don't want signed documents biteing you later...

LOVE WILL GET US THRU it has to! It's part of it's JOB :D

Visa Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.