Aman Ram

DCF Processing times

57 posts in this topic

OK, here is the latest correspondance with the Consulate:

From me:

I have filed my I-130 petition in Delhi (Feb. 6th) and received packet 3.5 from the USCIS officer.

1) Please tell me, exactly which forms should be sent to the Chennai Consulate to start the process to get a visa interview?

2) Also, should these forms be sent via VFS or any courier company such as Blue Dart or Fed Ex?

From Consulate:

Thanks for your inquiry. You have to send in the completed Ds230 forms and readiness for interview form.

Please send them via courier.

Visa Information Unit

Hope this helps others! :)

Hey Carolyn-

I was not given the packet 3.5 but told it would come through the mail :unsure:

:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here is the latest correspondance with the Consulate:

From me:

I have filed my I-130 petition in Delhi (Feb. 6th) and received packet 3.5 from the USCIS officer.

1) Please tell me, exactly which forms should be sent to the Chennai Consulate to start the process to get a visa interview?

2) Also, should these forms be sent via VFS or any courier company such as Blue Dart or Fed Ex?

From Consulate:

Thanks for your inquiry. You have to send in the completed Ds230 forms and readiness for interview form.

Please send them via courier.

Visa Information Unit

Hope this helps others! :)

Hey, Carolyn Hope this helps and does'nt confuse you more :wacko: Here goes looked around on delhi website and here at VJ from what I can see your rite they want "Documents" pcc, birth certifacte, etc 10 days before the interveiw date submitted at local VFS and pay a courier fee that also pays for your passport being sent back from consulet or embassy back to your local VFS. Also, I GUESS and this is only a GUESS lol (sorry I can't believe this process has become a Guessing game were did we go wrong) :dance:

Anyways, back on topic but I think the consulet guy is rite you do only send the DS230 and readiness for interview form wich form research seems to be a Cheacklist signed I persume BUT one thing nags me how do they get the forms to the rite Petition without a case number???? unless you have one?

I Hope this helps

I can understand why you would be upset at this point... I remember seeing the woman you are talking about, she did have a friendly face! :)

Why don't you do an InfoPass Appointment with USCIS? It wouldn't hurt to try, and it is unusual that you didn't get the packet... Did you pay and get a receipt for it that day? If you did, I thought that pretty much meant that you were accepted/approved...

You can download the information you need from the Delhi Embassy website, look for packet 4 - it is pretty much the same thing! Also, I don't think we necessarily get Case numbers when doing DCF - it is a little different, as far as I know.

Do you have all the documents you need ready? The birth certificates, the police certs, marriage and proof of relationship, etc., etc.? If you have everything you need, I would courier the DS 230 and DS 2001 (or follow the Delhi steps, they may be a little different than Chennai's) NOW! Maybe I am crazy, but this seems like a bit too long for the Delhi office.

Good luck!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Submitted I-130 in Delhi February 6, 2008 NOA1

Sent DS 230, DS 2001 to Chennai via courier Feb. 21, 2008

Received Case number from Chennai Consulate Feb. 22, 2008 (Postmarked Feb. 13)

Received Email Confirmation of Interview Date on March 5th: April 3rd!

SUCCESS - VISA APPROVED ON APRIL 3RD!! :) :)

POE Detroit - May 19, 2008

Applied for SSN: June 5th - Received Card: June 12th

Received Green Gard: June 12th

Driver's License: July 28th

Move to St. Louis/Ritesh starts his job: August 5th

I can understand why you would be upset at this point... I remember seeing the woman you are talking about, she did have a friendly face! :)

Why don't you do an InfoPass Appointment with USCIS? It wouldn't hurt to try, and it is unusual that you didn't get the packet... Did you pay and get a receipt for it that day? If you did, I thought that pretty much meant that you were accepted/approved...

You can download the information you need from the Delhi Embassy website, look for packet 4 - it is pretty much the same thing! Also, I don't think we necessarily get Case numbers when doing DCF - it is a little different, as far as I know.

Do you have all the documents you need ready? The birth certificates, the police certs, marriage and proof of relationship, etc., etc.? If you have everything you need, I would courier the DS 230 and DS 2001 (or follow the Delhi steps, they may be a little different than Chennai's) NOW! Maybe I am crazy, but this seems like a bit too long for the Delhi office.

Good luck!

Thanks Carolyn,

Yeah, we got everything ready just waiting for the packet 3.5 to come so we can say we're ready Ummmm are your sure about the case number I think you have to have one VISH did DCF and in his thread he says he got a letter two/three weeks after submitting the I-130 with the packet 3.5 and case number.. Wonder how VISH is coming along?

Anyways good luck let me know if you hear anything or move forward in this. :)

Thanks Carolyn,

Yeah, we got everything ready just waiting for the packet 3.5 to come so we can say we're ready Ummmm are your sure about the case number I think you have to have one VISH did DCF and in his thread he says he got a letter two/three weeks after submitting the I-130 with the packet 3.5 and case number.. Wonder how VISH is coming along?

Hi! We just got the 'official' Consular letter from Chennai today with our case number - it was sent on February 13th!! Sooo, if I were you I would definitely schedule an Info-Pass meeting with the USCIS office in Delhi, or at least contact them again via email, telephone, etc. It must have been about 8 weeks now, and that does seem a little bit long considering that our packet was processed, sent to Chennai and they had created our case number and mailed it out within a week.

Be polite, but definitely persistent - at least once a week contact them - DO SOMETHING!

Good Luck and keep us posted!!

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

You should definitely get the case number. My wife got it in about 2 weeks after filing in Delhi.....

Thanks Carolyn,

Hi! We just got the 'official' Consular letter from Chennai today with our case number - it was sent on February 13th!! Sooo, if I were you I would definitely schedule an Info-Pass meeting with the USCIS office in Delhi, or at least contact them again via email, telephone, etc. It must have been about 8 weeks now, and that does seem a little bit long considering that our packet was processed, sent to Chennai and they had created our case number and mailed it out within a week.

Be polite, but definitely persistent - at least once a week contact them - DO SOMETHING!

Good Luck and keep us posted!!

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa (DCF Filing)

Consulate : New Delhi, India

Marriage : Dec 04, 2007

Visit New Delhi for I-130 filing : Jan 24, 2008

Packet 3.5 with case number Received : Feb 12, 2008

Packet 3.5 Sent to Mumbai consulate: Feb 14, 2008

Packet 4 Received : Feb 28, 2008

Interview Date : May 02, 2008

Visa Received :

US Entry : May 07, 2008

Comments : GOt the interview date.........it's on May 02,08

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Hi again Aman Ram,

Just a quick question, did you get the 3.5 packet at the USCIS office in Delhi when you submitted your I-130? We did, and if you did, it may just be that you need to submit all those required documents to the Mumbai Consulate to get an interview...

There has been some confusion for us (too many papers, too many places to find too many tidbits of information!), but we are starting to think that we should just send the forms to Chennai. As the person from the Chennai office told me - in a very vague and muddled way - Please send the FORMS ONLY from the 3.5 packet, NOT the documents...

We are going to send the DS 230 (parts I and II), the I-864 and any documents required to support it, and the DS 2001 next week. I don't want to wait and wait and wait for something that just might not show up!

As far as including Police Certificates, etc. copies, I guess that would be a 'document' so we won't send those til we get the Interview date and request to mail things through VFS 15-10 days before the date.

I am sure that whomever wrote the instructions for this process think that they are clear, but man, there are so many little things that can snag you!

Good luck to you, and keep us posted!

You need those documents to the interview... that is clearly mentioned in covering letter of packet....

Good luck!

Thanks Carolyn,

VISH has already gotten his interview date for May I believe...

I think you should make a trip to the office and see what is going on.. I believe that you must get the packet 3.5 from the officer when you filled the application....or call the office.. It has been more than 3 months since you filled the application and am surprised you have not received the case number...

Hi again Aman Ram,

Just a quick question, did you get the 3.5 packet at the USCIS office in Delhi when you submitted your I-130? We did, and if you did, it may just be that you need to submit all those required documents to the Mumbai Consulate to get an interview...

There has been some confusion for us (too many papers, too many places to find too many tidbits of information!), but we are starting to think that we should just send the forms to Chennai. As the person from the Chennai office told me - in a very vague and muddled way - Please send the FORMS ONLY from the 3.5 packet, NOT the documents...

We are going to send the DS 230 (parts I and II), the I-864 and any documents required to support it, and the DS 2001 next week. I don't want to wait and wait and wait for something that just might not show up!

As far as including Police Certificates, etc. copies, I guess that would be a 'document' so we won't send those til we get the Interview date and request to mail things through VFS 15-10 days before the date.

I am sure that whomever wrote the instructions for this process think that they are clear, but man, there are so many little things that can snag you!

You need those documents to the interview... that is clearly mentioned in covering letter of packet....

It may depend upon the Consulate what you send and what you bring to the interview - we just had to send the DS 230 and DS 2001 letter back to get our interview date. We have to send all the other documents via VFS by the 19th of March for our April 3rd interview in Chennai.

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Hi again Aman Ram,

It may depend upon the Consulate what you send and what you bring to the interview - we just had to send the DS 230 and DS 2001 letter back to get our interview date. We have to send all the other documents via VFS by the 19th of March for our April 3rd interview in Chennai.

You didnt submit 864???

I do not have the 2001 forum in the packet which I got from the officer...

I wondering, my agent recomended to wait for the documents to arrive from Mumbai which will have the case number on it..

did you do the same?

Good luck!

Man I just got the worst news ever!!!!!!!!

So I have been calling Delhi the 2419- 8062 number same guy always answers and is very helpfull.

On FEB 22

This is whats he told me YES IT IS VERY VERY UNUSUAL that WE DON"T HAVE A CASE NUMBER YET!! AHHHHHHHH

then he says that at the delhi office they had some technical issues and they were recovering or fixing something??? He said they were going to be done by end of next week and to call back then.

WELL THEY WERE CLOSED ON THEY 29th SO I CALLED ON MARCH 5th

This day STILL NO CASE NUMBER :help::wacko::blink::angry::crying::hehe::huh::yes::no::o

Now even he sounds a little worried I ask him SHOULD I JUST COME THERE AT THIS POINT his answer Sir I really don;t think that would help as you would still get the same info. Then he says there are some files that are lost WHAT!or something and to give him My case info he will personally look into it Gave him mine and Amans NAME & BIRTHdays Reciept number from the window we paid at submitted date. Then he says call back friday.

SO CALLED TODAY MARCH 6

WELL to my Suprise STILL NO CASE NUMBER.. OHHHHH MAN did my stomach ever KNOT UP.

So he says Sir I apoligize for this delay we are requesting duplicates from USCIS and will assign your case an interview date as soon as possible. And well agian to my suprise please call back next Friday. Uh I never knew some one could be in this much emotional turmol. As Aman is also pergant :D(L):star::luv:(F):dance::thumbs: At least something is going AWESOME GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I really want her to get to the states as soon as possible.

GUYS I really am happy to hear everything is going so well for you Carolyn Awesome news Vish you to.

Shana hope things go like Carolyn and Vishs. I hope nobody has to go thru what we're going thru.

Aman is like a rock I think I would go nuts without her unyeilding faith and looking at the good side of life (L) Funny how that works out

Just a thought---- Its seems DELHI USCIS is the only place you may submit I-130's BUT USCIS only approves your

I-130 for filing it is The COUNSLER SECTION DELHI or your respective COUNSULIT that assignes it a case number and does the finally processing and interview i.e why case number start with BMB or CHI or NWD.

Don;t know if that helps anyone just thought it might help clear up some of this mystery called PETITIONing FOR A LOVED ONE

P.s It also seems from research done on VJ i.e this thread BMB & CHI are the bomb didictdie counslets while NWD not so much..... :P ooooooooooooooooo I REALLY MISS HER GUYS!!!

AmanRam - it is good to see you back on the boards!! I was starting to wonder if you had gotten your case number and just processed everything and left without a word! ;) (I wish for your sake that was true!) :crying: Congratulations on the pregnancy! :) :) :)

Sahana - we did downloaded DS 2001 from the web (I think the Australian Embassy site), and sent that with the DS 230 (stating that we didn't have a case number yet) on a Friday, then we got the letter from the Consulate the very next day with the case number!! We just let them know via email everything that had happened, and they said not to worry, they would take care of it.

We kept emailing them and got the case number this past Wednesday, and they said that they had mailed the letter out the same day - but mail seems to take about 10 days plus to get to us from Chennai. Thank goodness they emailed us with the date, or we would have gotten the letter the last day that the docs have to be given to VFS! ;)

We filed our I-130 on Feb. 6th, and the letter with the case number from Chennai was written and sent on the 13th - so I will say that the Delhi-Chennai connection is tight and fast! Woo Hoo! :) I am not sure if the same is true for Delhi-Mumbai, or Delhi-Delhi (I am soooo sorry AmanRam, I am wishing/hoping/praying for a quick resolution for you!!!).

Met at work Sept. 2005

Started dating Nov. 2005

Got engaged Oct. 2007

Married January 5, 2008

Hey Amanram, hope that everything will workout for you soon..... also, I did recieve a package from Delhi when I filed, but we didn't send in cause my Immigration agent told us that we'll receive the same package from the consulate in our case from Bombay with the case number. He said that there is no point filing the forms from package 3.5 without the case number because, it'll be very hard to track it. So we waited and in about two weeks after filing we had the case number and the same package. My wife sent it back and then she now has the Interview date too....hopefully above will clear some confusion regarding the package 3.5.

Also I think residency stamp from FRRO and 60 days stay in India is enough to file from Delhi, cause in my case it was only about 64 days or so only........Also case number are assigned by the respective consulates...so for example if it's from Mumbai then you have BOM in front of you number...

Anyway....good luck to everyone and me as well....:) and congratulation Amanram on pregnancy......

if anyone have any question please don't hesitate to message me....I would surely like to help....hey Sahana sorry i wasn't able to reply soon enought...but it's good to hear that you've already filed. u should have the case number soon...........in couple of weeks hopefully.....

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa (DCF Filing)

Consulate : New Delhi, India

Marriage : Dec 04, 2007

Visit New Delhi for I-130 filing : Jan 24, 2008

Packet 3.5 with case number Received : Feb 12, 2008

Packet 3.5 Sent to Mumbai consulate: Feb 14, 2008

Packet 4 Received : Feb 28, 2008

Interview Date : May 02, 2008

Visa Received :

US Entry : May 07, 2008

Comments : GOt the interview date.........it's on May 02,08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.