meowgirl

can't find an answer about this particular medical question...

5 posts in this topic

My husband and I are recently married (yay) and working on our AOS package. I think that we are ready to go except for the vaccination supplement/medical exam portion. He had his full medical in Australia and turned the sealed envelope in at the POE. He didn't receive any extra copies of the forms from the civil surgeon, nor did he know that he was supposed to make any copies of the forms for this stage of the process. So we have no forms related to the medical exam to submit with our AOS package.

His full medical was completed and everything was fine; it's just that we don't have any current evidence (DHS/USCIS have it somewhere). We are currently contacting the consulate, as well as the civil surgeon to see if they have any copies of the form. We want to avoid paying for a full exam again if possible. Any other thoughts on how to proceed? Would it be ok to submit the package without any medical evidence whatsoever (considering they already have the sealed envelope on file somewhere)?

6/22/2010 Sent I-751 to CSC

6/28/2010 NOA1 date

7/06/2010 Received NOA1

8/17/2010 Biometrics appointment

9/07/2010 Approval

9/13/2010 Received card!

You'll get an RFE if you submit your AOS without your medical information. Your best bet is to get a copy or you'll have to repeat the process, unfortunately.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

What I know is that you don't need to do the medical again. Just need to have the vaccination form. There is no way for you to have a copy of the medical because the envelope was sealed for the interview and POE. So, I think that they have your medical...Read the guides...I am sure the answer is there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=medical

Edited by Ali e Jeff

AOS Timeline 2008

March 20 - Wedding (civil)

April 24 - Sent AOS package (USPS)

April 29 - AOS delivered in Chicago

May 07 - Money order was cashed

May 09 - Received in mail 3 NOAs (AOS, EAD, AP: notice date May,5/2008) - ALL CASES ONLINE

May 12 - Received in mail Biometrics appointment (notice date May,8/2008)

May 16 - Touch (3 cases) ?

May 22 - Biometrics appointment - done

July 07 - AP approval notice and EAD card production ordered (email and online)

July 08 - touch AP and EAD

July 09 - touch EAD

July 10 - email from CRIS, EAD card production ordered

July 14- email from CRIS and online update, EAD aproval notice sent

July 14 - received EAD card

July 15 - received AP document (2 APs)

August 07 - Touch EAD and AP

August 08- Touch AOS

September 19- received letter with appointment for interview

November 4 - interview!!!! APPROVED

November 20 - card production ordered e-mail from CRIS and update online (again 11/24)

November 26 - touch AOS

November 29 - receive Welcome Letter in the mail (dated November,20/2008)

December 1 - email from CRIS (and update online) saying that they send the Welcome letter on December 1 (I received the letter November 29 LOL)

December 2 - touch AOS

December 5 - GREEN CARD arrived (expire in 2 years from the day of the interview)

ROC (LIFTING CONDITIONS) TIMELINE

August 12, 2010 - Sent package

August 14, 2010 - Filed (package received)

August 16, 2010 - NOA date

August 18, 2010 - Check cashed

September 9, 2010 - Received bio. appt. letter

September 27, 2010 - Bio. Appt.

December 20, 2010 - Approval notice by mail

Date of decision 12/15/2010

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We had the same thing happen to us. Andre had his vaccination card from ALL vaccinations he received in Jamaica over his life time. I copied that and sent it along with our AOS package. We did not have to have an interview. I personally know of a few other people I advised of this, they did the same, and got approved.

I have heard that if you go to the interview, you will need to see or contact a civil surgeon in the US to get those vaccinations transferred to the proper form.

I am of the belief that you should wait till you see if you get an RFE or have an interview before going through the hassle and expense of seeing a civil surgeon.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.