Saffyre

POE Question

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My fiance and I have just filed the I-129F forms and I have my ticket booked to go and visit him in the US on Feb 29th. I have been reading the forums trying to establish if I am going to have any issues at POE customs but can't seem to figure it out.

The proof i'll have of returning will be:

A letter from my emplyer on letter headed paper stating my date of return to work.

My return ticket

My receipt from the airport car park showing what day I have to collect my car - along with proof that I own the stated car.

I have bank statements but there's really no money in them - but they do show rent payments to my local council.

What else could I have (or need?)

If they ask me the reason for my visit I do not want to lie and say visiting friends because I belive honestly should be the best policy. So I will say that I am visiting my fiance. If probed i'll explain.

Does anyone have experience of this? I'll be flying out of the UK and into Orlando International - for 9 days....

Thanks in advance for your help.

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Rental agreement would be good as well - sounds like you have everything covered though - I think as long as you are honest and have proof of ties then you should be ok :) I am flying out next week and I am nervous as hell about it :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
Rental agreement would be good as well - sounds like you have everything covered though - I think as long as you are honest and have proof of ties then you should be ok :) I am flying out next week and I am nervous as hell about it :(

I have emailed my housing officer to ask for a letter which states that I am a resident of XXX property since XXX date and what my rent payments are, and what my notice period is. This should cover it right?

29th July 2008 - POE

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

I would have thought so :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You sound like you have enough. I got denied a visa at the consulate in London but still got in under the vwp a couple of weeks ago. I had the following

a letter from my new employer,

Rent agreement

receipt for rent payments

letter from my dads doctor about hospital appointment for March

Bank statements from all my accounts showing various amounts of money.

I was grilled for near on 2 hours at the rainbow bridge but got in anyway so do not worry you will be fine.

I would not take to much money with you as this is one of the things they checked on me along with going through my wallet and my cases.

Good luck to you and to Jeraly of course.

Jeraly

Hope your wedding ( kind of wedding anyway ) goes really well and that you have a good flight from Ireland safe in the knowledge you will be with your loved one soon

Oh I really hope so too!!! I'm not going to have any cash on me at all - only credit cards as I am wiring my cash over to my OH online :P I just don't know how I could stand up to that level of grilling!!! I just worry that I am not going to have enough evidence to show :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Yeh i also need some advice with this, i fly on 2nd Feb, flying to CVG, but got a stop in detroit, only for one hour...so kinda worried if i get grilled in Detroit i wont make connecting flight!

So i think im just gonna respond with.."visiting friends and family" as i have read somewhere that the Databases arent linked so they cant tell you have applied for a K1 visa...i read that on this site, this site is my bible..sooo kinda just gonna lie!!

i only submitted on 18th Jan, so even if it was linked i think it wudnt show as the rate at which the California office works at..it wont show till after im married.

However this said, im still worrying like mad, got a letter from my employer (NHS) on headed paper and also rent agreement, however this runs out in March...so maybe not the best thing to take, and gonna take an operation letter dated for 29th Feb...

so would love someone to respond who has "lied" at POE and got away with it...to test this theory...

Cheers

Edited by Rusty Englishman

I have never lied but have said I was visiting friends - I have visited friends along with my boyfriend before I knew about this site purely because I thought they would turn me away at POE for saying that. This time I am going to say I am visiting my boyfriend because it is best to be honest and tbh sounds better than fiance (which I use rarely as a term anyway because I don't like it).

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There is a FAQ all about this question.

4.6)...Can my fiance(e) come to the US to visit me once the visa process is started?

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yeh i also need some advice with this, i fly on 2nd Feb, flying to CVG, but got a stop in detroit, only for one hour...so kinda worried if i get grilled in Detroit i wont make connecting flight!

So i think im just gonna respond with.."visiting friends and family" as i have read somewhere that the Databases arent linked so they cant tell you have applied for a K1 visa...i read that on this site, this site is my bible..sooo kinda just gonna lie!!

i only submitted on 18th Jan, so even if it was linked i think it wudnt show as the rate at which the California office works at..it wont show till after im married.

However this said, im still worrying like mad, got a letter from my employer (NHS) on headed paper and also rent agreement, however this runs out in March...so maybe not the best thing to take, and gonna take an operation letter dated for 29th Feb...

so would love someone to respond who has "lied" at POE and got away with it...to test this theory...

Cheers

Saw your other post re: accountant work...if you decide to look into that while you are in the US just make damn sure you DO NOT have your CV on you when you go thru POE!

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Timeline

Ok, so you all think i should just say I am visiting friends, and they wont know any different?

Are we sure they don't have my visa application on screen??

29th July 2008 - POE

No - they don't know that you are applying for a visa.

From my point of view I am going to take my NOA1/2 with me so if they require I can show them that I am going through the correct channels and that if I wanted to stay and get married then I wouldn't have bothered going through the legal procedure!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't know for sure if they can see your visa application at the POE but I always assumed they could. But I think you should not worry to much :-) (easier said than done, I know). Let me share some of my experience:

Most of the times I came to the US while the visa was pending all they wanted to hear when they asked for the intent of the trip was "private" rather than "business". "Visiting friends" worked fine, too.

Only once I was asked where I would be staying or whom I would be visiting and I answered "my girlfriend". The officer asked "any intentions to marry" and I answered "yes, we filed for a K-1 and we are waiting for the paperwork and if all goes well we will marry later this summer" and that did it. He wished me good luck and a good time.

Having all that evidence is certainly a good idea, just in case you meet a very sceptic officer. Just do not worry too much about what you say, just give simple, short and true answers (just as recommended in the FAQs) and you should be fine.

Arnt

I-129F Timeline

2007-01-13 I-129F sent to CSC

2007-08-17 interview - approved!

-------------------

AOS Timeline

2007-10-17 filed for AOS and EAD

2007-10-25 NOA1 for both applications

2007-11-19 RFE for AOS

2007-12-11 received letter with AOS interview date (Feb 2008) but none for biometrics appointment

2007-12-28 EAD touched

2008-01-07 Infopass: EAD approved on 12/28, status online not updated, received biometrics appointment

2008-01-26 Biometrics appointment

2008-01-28 EAD Card Production ordered, AOS and EAD touched

2008-01-30 EAD Card Production ordered again

2008-02-20 AOS Interview, verbally approved

2008-02-28 approval notice per mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.