20 posts in this topic

:crying::help:

I recieve a letter today, saying that our check was sent back to the bank, because there was insufficient money in my husband account. I gave my husband the money to deposit it into his checking account, so that his name will be on the check. I have done my biometrics, and USCIS send a letter to me that the check was sent back to the bank, and that they have stop processing my application. They gave me 14 days to resend the check or else my application will be rejected. They said that i will recieve an inovice saying why the check was sent back to the bank, and how much i need to pay for the penalty, if i did not receive the invoice i should call there office, and they will tell me where i need to send the new check.

My question is, can i send a money order or a check, which one is faster. I dont want my application to delay. My husband spend my money, i was so sad when i saw the letter, infact i feel like fainting. Please can someone tell me, can i send a money order. And one more thing, it shows on the head of the letter that the letter was typed on the 17th of january 2008, but it has a posted stamp on the envelop for 25th of january 2008, which one is the correct one to start counting from.

:help: me

Edited by trinity06

LIFTING OF CONDITION

12/19/2007 Mailed out I-751

12/29/2007 Received extension letter

01/15/2008 NOA/Biometric appointment

01/25/2008 Biometric taken

01/27/2008 Touched (Now waiting)

05/14/2008 Green Card approved (Card production ordered)

Filed: Other Timeline

yes, dear. you can send a money order, just address it to united states center for immigration services.

be blessed.

uno (F)

the money order is faster, its practically guranteed funds availability, no waiting for the check to clear.

Edited by unononehigher

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Unless I'm mistaken, USCIS checks are supposed to be made out to "US Department of Homeland Security."

And anyway, USCIS stands for US CITIZENSHIP and Immigration Services (not center).

I'd send a money order. On the outside of the envelope, bottom left corner, put your A number, "I-751" and "re-submission of payment" or something like that.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Other Timeline
Unless I'm mistaken, USCIS checks are supposed to be made out to "US Department of Homeland Security."

And anyway, USCIS stands for US CITIZENSHIP and Immigration Services (not center).

I'd send a money order. On the outside of the envelope, bottom left corner, put your A number, "I-751" and "re-submission of payment" or something like that.

they can be made out to both, and yes, I did mistype *center* instead of "services". I was told to use "united states citizenship and immigration services" due to people erroneously mistaking the "DHS" for department of human services. ;)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I recieve a letter today, saying that our check was sent back to the bank, because there was insufficient money in my husband account. I gave my husband the money to deposit it into his checking account, so that his name will be on the check. I have done my biometrics, and USCIS send a letter to me that the check was sent back to the bank, and that they have stop processing my application. They gave me 14 days to resend the check or else my application will be rejected. They said that i will recieve an inovice saying why the check was sent back to the bank, and how much i need to pay for the penalty, if i did not receive the invoice i should call there office, and they will tell me where i need to send the new check.

My question is, can i send a money order or a check, which one is faster. I dont want my application to delay. My husband spend my money, i was so sad when i saw the letter, infact i feel like fainting. Please can someone tell me, can i send a money order. And one more thing, it shows on the head of the letter that the letter was typed on the 17th of january 2008, but it has a posted stamp on the envelop for 25th of january 2008, which one is the correct one to start counting from.

You can also get a certified check from your bank...also guaranteed. :thumbs:

Timeline

You can also get a certified check from your bank...also guaranteed. :thumbs:

I do find it odd, though, that it took all ths time for them to realize your check did not clear. It's been my experience they find that out in matter of days (hubby has been given some bad checks :angry: )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

best thing get a certified check from Bank (i think thats right name). All you need is take this money to bank and they will issue you a check for required ammount to department of Homeland security, and then you can mail it to them. THats how i will do it but its just me....

N 400 Texas Locker Box/Charleston WV Timeline

06//16/2009 ---Applied

06/17/2009 --- Priority Date

06/20/2009 ---- Check Cached

06/22/2009 ---- NOA1 Received

06/30/2009 ---- BioMetric Notice Received

07/13/2009 ---- Biometrics Done

07/30/2009 --- interview letter date

08/03/2009 ---- Letter Received

09/10/2009 ---- Interview Date -Passed

10/04/2009 -----oath Letter Received (dated 09/30/2009 posted from Pittsburgh, PA)

10/19/2009 ---- Oath

10/19/2009 ---- Applied for Passport Book and Card

11/12/2009 ---- Passport Recieved

11/13/2009 ---- Passport Card Recieved

11/13/2009---- **DONE**

Timeline

I would suggest a postal money order.

Timeline

But their own bank can easily tell them when the certified check was been cashed..

Giving some relief to poster's stress level.

on the instructions for the I751 it says to make checks and money order payable to the US Department of Homeland Security

met on Hawaii in 2002

got engaged Dec. 19 2004 in Amsterdam

married Sep 15 2005 on Mackinaw Island, MI

AOS Timeline

10/19/2005 NOA1s for AOS and EAD

11/17/2005 fingerprints for EAD and AOS

12/20/2005 EAD approved!!!

03/23/2006 AOS interview in Detroit, MI...APPROVED!!

I 751 Timeline

01/10/2008 I-751 send to NSC

01/14/2008 I-751 arrived at NSC

01/18/2008 check cleared

01/22/2008 recieved NOA1 dated 01/14 case got transfered to CSC

02/12/2008 biometric appointment

03/07/2008 APPROVED!!!

January 2011 BBG

08/01/2011 N400 send to Nebraska

08/04/2011 received by Nebraska

Timeline
im just wondering, you already had your biometrics right? and USCIS send you a letter for insufficient fund. NOA serves as our receipt, that payment had been made.

do i miss anything here?

That confused me as well...they files on 12/18/07....got their NOA & had biometrics. It's odd it took this long for them to find out there were insufficient funds. I always presumed they did not issue the NOA or at least scheule your biometrics until the check had cleared... :huh:

Timeline

But their own bank can easily tell them when the certified check was been cashed..

The question was which one was faster not which one could be more easily tracked--- a money order or check. A postal money order should, it would seem to me, "clear" faster than a certified check or money orders issued by other entities, but I might be wrong.

The question was which one was faster not which one could be more easily tracked--- a money order or check. A postal money order should, it would seem to me, "clear" faster than a certified check or money orders issued by other entities, but I might be wrong.

Thank you all for the reply i really do appreciate it. Yes i received NOA, and i have taken my biometric. My husband made the check payable to USCIS, i dont know if that was the correct payable to. When we received the letter it says " We have stopped proccessing the above application or petition because your check in the amount of $545.00 has been returned by the bank. I was thinking may be its because there was insufficient money in my husband account. But husband told me that he has $300.00 in his account, and that his bank could have just paid the Immigration and then bill him, but he was supprised why the check was sent back.

I called the department of homeland security this morning, and they check my receipt number, and i was told to send $575.00, that $30.00 for the return check, and also told to send money order. I was relief. Now the money order will be payable to US. Department of Homeland Security.

Thank you all for your reply i am so grateful

Edited by trinity06

LIFTING OF CONDITION

12/19/2007 Mailed out I-751

12/29/2007 Received extension letter

01/15/2008 NOA/Biometric appointment

01/25/2008 Biometric taken

01/27/2008 Touched (Now waiting)

05/14/2008 Green Card approved (Card production ordered)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.